Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hambers custom trailer STOLEN!! San Jose, Ca

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bazooka, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Bazooka

Bazooka

Posting this for a fellow Hamber... (ChiefRocka)

Last night his Custom one off built powder-coated trailer was stolen from his father-n-law's buisness. He and his father-n-law are just sick about it.

If any of you guys in Cali...or anywhere for that matter spot it.....PLEASE GIVE HIM A CALL !!! (number below)

They got a plate number of a suspicious vehicle spotted in there lot early that day....

BTW, the wagon is safe in doors....-

JOHN'S CUSTOMS - Custom Fabrication & Suspensions
    San Jose/Santa Clara
    408-472-8849 <!-- / sig -->

-
    [​IMG]
    -
    -
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

that sucks...we will keep an eye out in the central valley. keep this at the top.

3. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Very nice trailer! It sucks that there are people out there that are just waiting for a chance to rob you. I hope Karma gets them in the end...

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If he does get it back someone needs to introduce KIRK! to him so he's got a trailer to borrow.:D

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that sucks-nice trailer.
    hope he gets it back.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Ouch!

7. RAY With

RAY With

unique looking and with the all aluminum deck it cant be changed a lot. Should be EZ to identify with the open wheel wells also. Thief's are out big time now due to economy and I have changed my security a lot in the last couple of months. We will pass the word along to our friends. Very sorry for the loss and hope you get it back .

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

That sucks..
    and the other crime is those wheels on that 57...:eek:

im just messin with ya, Bazooka;)...(but someone had to say it)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  9. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

That sucks! I'll let a couple guys I know in the Northbay that do trailer work, and buy/sell them to keep an eye out for it...who knows...It's kinda hard to hide a thing that size for a long, but it could be modified to change how it looks...Death to the MoFos that did this!!!

10. Bazooka

Bazooka

11. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I will keep my eyes peeled at pomona this weekend

12. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Just hope some tweek didn't cut it up for scrap. I'll keep an eye out here in Sac though I'm sure it was likely a local crime.

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

prolly find it in a few days with the aluminum deck missing. those tweeker recyclers stole the frickin telephone lines by my work for the copper.

easy money and if you get caught by the cops they don't do anything.

edit: great minds think alike.... and at the same time.

14. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Must of beat you by seconds.:)

15. art.resi

art.resi

Ill look every one i see over and what it's hooked up to.

16. Bazooka

Bazooka

**Update** Trailer was found by SJPD missing its wheels and tires

At least it was recoverd!

17. Hip

Hip

I'm gonna shoot the next sumafabitch that knocks on my door just cause he sees old sheet metal scrap, and sees dollar signs. Fuckin tweekers!!! Glad you got the trailer back "Bazooka"

18. Bazooka

Bazooka

Hip, the trailer didnt belong to me just posted it for fellow Hamber ChiefRocka..

love the truck in your avatar btw...

19. Thats great news.

20. Weasel

Weasel

Good news - how about a round of applause for the San Jose P.D.?

21. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Great! It's nice to hear that they got the trailer back, seems you never hear anything positive about a theft case.

Having taken a second look at the wheels/tires on the trailer, sort of the typical "trailer" set up (i.e. nothing too special), it was simply a cheap son-of-a-bitch that stole ChiefRocka's property. Having had the same thing done to my trailer, the bastards stole it for the new rubber recently installed. Picture it, how many trailers do you see with crusty, sun dried tires? I had a generic set of trailer wheels, totally the norm and nothing that would be eye-catching. I told myself never again, I bought the ugliest set of wheels I could find on Craigslist, got a new set of tires with the raised white letters, and set the trailer up with that. Yep, it's God damn ugly! My buddy always has someone to say about it. Oh well, the ugliness might keep some away from stealing them again, I know it won't keep away all the scumbags. Now, I have an easily identified set up, I'll check out every trailer I see and all the for sale ads too. There'll be a tire iron waiting for the mother fucker when I find 'em too.

Liars, cheats, and theives... justification for honest folk kickin' some fuckers' teeth in!!!

-DON-

22. 61TBird

61TBird

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good thing that all he lost was the tires and wheels.

[​IMG]

This one is sold by Harbor Freight for under 40 bucks but anyone here with a torch and welder could make one for little of nothing out of scrap laying out behind the shed and a junk trailer ball.

24. I'm surprised that LE found the trailer at all! Usually, if it doesn't just magically appear directly under their noses, it won't ever be found!

Glad to hear your buddy got his rig back!

A friend of mine has his car hauler painted bright, sparkly Pepto Bismol pink; with lime green fenders, and wheels painted four different colors. No one has ever tried to steal his rig. Ever. Looks like a giant kid's toy going down the road.

Another guy I know was in the trailer rental business for awhile. All of his trailers had bright pink wheels on them, and his business name and phone number painted on the roof or the deck. I don't think he ever had one walk off, either.

25. Billet

Billet

Man, Its a drag to get ripped off I'm glad they found the trailer- Maybe the pretty pink trailer with lime green wheels will work.

26. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

A friends custom trailer got ripped off here in Oklahoma City. His insurance company devalued the trailer to almost nothing. Later he saw the trailer, called the cops. When the police came out my buddy was told "this was a personal matter" by the cop, then left. He contacted his insurance company and gave them the other guys info and all they had to say was thanks this claim has already been closed, sorry.

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Cant beat a happy ending..that is great they recovered it..dont get to hear that very much

28. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Your friend shoulda stole it back. Obviously there's no penalty.

Here's my motto......Say you take the trailer to a swap meet......You're walking around and out of the corner of your eye see a white pickup with a car trailer leave the lot........Would you recognize if that trailer was yours from 100 yards????? Out of the corner of your eye?

If the answer is no, it's time to change your trailer. I cannot believe how everyone paints them black or red with white wheels

BTW those pictured trailer locks don't work. We once towed a trailer thru 3 states on the safety chains (accidental), pretty sure I could get one across town with a lock in the hitch.

Don't forget to get under there with a mig and write your VIN or plate number or birthdate in a couple spots.

29. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

My friend talked with an attorney about getting it back. Was told since his insurance paid out (even though it was very little and he offered the money back, no deal) he would be in possession of stolen property and could have insurance fraud charges brought against him. The system I guess.