Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBer visiting west coast, 24th july-9th august

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulatxntric, Jul 23, 2008.

1. basic itinery.....
    Land LA 24th July....3 days in LA
    Drive to San Fran up the coast...... getting to San Fran 31st july....
    Doing stuff till 2/3rd Aug....then driving to Vegas for 3 days of fun and frivolity...and getting married on the 5th!!!! leaving vegas on the 7th aug
    back to LA and flying out on the 9th.....

So the qustions are.....what rodding type stuff is going on along the route that's worth going to (and that I can just "happen" accross by accident so not to upset the family!!)....

Any good rod shops along the way too????

2. Don't call it San Fran...you sound like a bloody tourist.....

See ya next week Paul :D

3. you told me not to call it "Frisco" either as I'd sound like a tourist!!!.......thing is I am tourist...

and Dave can I have your Address and Phone number...as well as where am I going to see the Scarlett Fever car?? Guessing Gambinos?

4. Stu Cool

Stu Cool

You might consider going a little North through Reno on the way to, or instead of going to Las Vegas. Hot August Nights is going on that week, biggest car event in the West, over 5500 registered cars, plus lots more that just show up.

www.hotaugustnights.net

Pat

5. Its San Francisco....and you got mail....

Don't forget the Jaffa Cakes!

6. If you are driving up the coast on HWY1 I would suggest a stop to browse the antique stores in Cambria, used to be some good car stuff inthem and its a cute town (for the family you know!). Also strongly suggest a side trip to Baja Cantina off Carmel Valley Rd (about 10 minutes inland from Hwy 1, see attached link to map). The food is pretty good, its in a big old barn like building, and the place is a museum of cool car/bike stuff. Every Thursday evening they have a car show/BBQ.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...111678&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Oh yeah and what dave said, do NOT call it Frisco! Have a good trip

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  7. so thats 2 packets of Jaffa ckes then!!!!!!LOL

8. Satinblack

Satinblack

Any shortened version will be incorrect. My Dad would always correct that. Its San Francisco, PERIOD

9. Nope, Maynards wine gums for us thanks, and pork pies mmmmm but you can't get them through customs!! If you are coming with the family a stop into downtown Carmel for a walk around and/or a side trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium might be in order (it really is an impressive place!). There are some very cool shops here abouts but they are all private and owned by rich guys so just "dropping by" is not really on the cards. If I hear of anything else happening in our area (Monterey/Carmel etc..) I'll post it here or send you a PM. Dave has his finger on the pulse of the San Jose/Bay area scene much better than I do....You will burned out on cars after being in LA anyway! Oh yeah go to the Peterson Museum in LA, very cool and close to the La Brea Tar Pits which is good for the family (very, very cool place!).

10. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

Check out the Model T club swap meet @ Veteran's Stadium in Long Beach Friday and Saturday.Always lots of cool stuff.It's not far from LA.

11. Ted,

we can get em in the British Food Store here in Campbell....

Are the wine gum's for you or Eva :D

12. Dave:

Oh yeah the British Food Center has loooong been a favorite haunt of ours. Wine Gums for both of us. We found massive bags of them for really cheap in 7/11's in Canada!!!!! I sent Paul a PM but he is probably on his way stateside so let him check the HAMB at your place eh!

13. Don't waste your time! 5500 cars...most of them not worth looking at. DONKS,Tuner cars,Muscle cars,Streetrods,etc,mixed in with a LOT of dailies...Hasn't been worth going for over 10 tears.

14. Will do Ted, see ya soon?

Lets go ride!

15. I bought my lap top with me so can get on line when I have the chance...have pmed ted back and will see you at the end of next week dave...

PS just had a couple of real nice shots of Glenlivit as well!!

16. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Where you at now? My shop is in Morro Bay Ca.... Right off highway 1 2 minutes.. 12 minutes off 101 near San Luis Obispo.. Lot's going on in the shop right now... Jason

17. You don't wanna go inviting random Brits to the shop Jason!!