Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMBer in need

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Older'n dirt, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Mark Johnson (stlouisgasser) suffered a devastating fire Sunday, Feb 12th. Here's all I know at present but as soon as we know more I'll try to post some info on how we can help. For now please keep Mark in your prayers. He's a GOOD GUY!

I'm copying this from another site.

Mark Johnson needs some prayers lifted up for him as he witnessed his house go up in flames Sunday evening. Mark is safe but he lost everything including his cat that he loved more than the cars. He was fortunate to get in and salvage some personal things but his extensive book/magazine collection that he has collected since his childhood was either destroyed by the fire or the water. The detached garage/workshop was safe from the fire and its contents are the only thing he has left. Mark said he will be back but it will take some time.

And this from Mark himself:

Thanks for the kind words everybody. They are needed much more than I can express on this keyboard right now. I have lost everything and am going through the most difficult thing of my life. A lifetime of acquisitions, rare car parts, family photos and documents are now erased from my life and my life will never be the same after this. I was actually lucky to make it back outside after running back in the house to try to rescue my cat but I was overcome with just one breath of that terrible, terrible thick, black smoke. It actually made me collapse to my knees just outside the front door and I was dragged away by two people. Please learn from my mistake and keep important papers, car titles, college diplomas, etc. in a fire safe box. Right now, I have no wallet, no driver's license, no car titles, etc. Everything is gone and I have to start all over again. I have seen the good side of people as many neighbors have contributed clothes and offered places to sleep. All I have is the clothes on my back right now. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to check in here after this message but I'll try. Thanks again everybody, from the absolute bottom of my heart. Great . . . I'm crying again.

2. 427L88

427L88

Thanks to all for caring and wanting to help:
    All his personal belongings/cloths/childhood stuff/some rare car parts/magazine collection/book collection/etc. were destroyed. Thankfully he has a detached garage so his cars/tools/other parts/etc. were unharmed. I did talk to him today and told him I am getting a ton of request for donations and where to go. Mark said he wasn't looking for any handouts but if someone felt the need to donate he would appreciate the gifts. He also wanted to make sure that this wouldn't effect his insurance claim for the house plus he doesn't have a computer so he wanted me to use my paypal account and transfer the money to him. So if there is anyone that wanted to donate my account is [email protected] send it as a gift and I will get him the funds and a receipt from the sender and give it all over to Mark J. Thanks, Mark M.

3. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Mark, I just read a story yesterday about a women who died trying to rescue her cat from a house fire. I'm thankful you escaped with your life.

Good luck and stay strong.

4. birdman42

birdman42

I am from semo and would be willing to gather up clothes and any other things he cuold use. Just send me the sizes needed. I will be at the Cape swapmeet on sunday.

5. I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I'm happy you made it through alive.

6. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Guess what he could do with now is a house trailer to live in 'til he gets his house re-built. Anyone?

7. 427L88

427L88

I think he is going to rent the house next door to his place so he can watch over his stuff and the rebuild.

8. hotdamn

hotdamn

thats rough...

always been one of my biggest fears.

9. 427L88

427L88

If you send a donation just leave a little message on what site you belong too because Mark is a member on the SYC and it is posted over there as well. Thanks for all that have gave so far, Mark really is moved by all the love that he is seeing from everyone in his tough time. Thanks and God bless you all.

10. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Thanks for the nice words from everybody. I have lost my wallet, car titles, college diplomas, countless documents, rare car parts, family photos, my car book and car magazine collection that I have worked on since I was probably 10 years old. It's all gone along with my beloved cat that I was unable to rescue in time. The most devastating thing that I have ever been through. Thanks all.

Attached Files:

11. We're with you Mark. Gimme a call if you need anything. And BTW, ...... Happy Birthday today!

And a big Thank You to Mark M. for handling the 'transactiions'.

12. ferret2

ferret2

Mark,
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Let me know if I can help out.

Craig Hindle

13. 53Hattie

53Hattie

That just plain out'n'out SUCKS Bud, so sorry to hear of your misfortune! What can be said except that as the old adage goes "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger", which is of little consolation in the moment I realize! Hold on, the sun will shine again, ...really it will!