Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBAndy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Mar 17, 2022.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my FB memories today was the passing of HAMBAndy 13 years ago today. With tears in my eyes I just wanted to take a moment to remember him and the outstanding community effort that many were involved in that saw him realise his dream of owning a hotrod before his untimely passing. Vale HAMBAndy I hope you are looking down on us with a smile!

For those that missed it here's a couple threads for context.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-hambandy-story.1215793/

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ittle-video-documentry.1215728/#post-13875466

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/hambandy-here.206206/

HambAndyDAY051.jpg

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He was a top notch kind of kid. I was glad to have seen the out pouring of love for him. All the effort to make things happen. It was uplifting

3. He was indeed a special young man. Rest in Peace, Andy. You're always in our thoughts here in HAMB land.

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

HAMBAndy is well remembered and I hope those close to him are doing well.

The outpouring of support from the HAMB is likely the HAMB's crowning achievement.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

The HAMB community had really shined.

I hope his family is well.

6. Cool build, even cooler kid. It was neat how this forum came around and encouraged him.

7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rest in Peace Young Fella...glad you had a chance to experience the symphony of Hotrod...we shall meet again and you can show us around...

hotrodharry2, Thor1, OG lil E and 3 others like this.
  8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Man I cant believe its already been 13 years since he passed... Rest easy bud. HAMBers will always have your back !

9. This always brings sadness to me for Andy. The efforts made for him were exceptional and only a few know that. It brings a "warm and fuzzy" to me. :)

10. twenty8

twenty8

The fact that you guys pay respect to Andy each year is exceptional. It means that those of us that are too new to have been around back then have the opportunity to read and know the sad story. Andy sounds like he was an amazing person, and the way the HAMBers of the time rose to do what they did for him seems to just fit with what he deserved. Every new member should acquaint themselves with Andy's story. It makes us realise that, underneath all the bluff and bluster that can happen around here, there are some very inspirational people with hearts of gold.

I wish I could have known Andy. I think my life would have been better for it.
    I would also like to thank all those involved with what the HAMB did for him. You guys should be remembered and respected as well. Good, good people.

11. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Rest In Peace and God bless Andy’s family.

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best thing the hamb ever did.

I was thinking about Andy the other day, and I think I had a realization.
    I've heard it said that we leave here with nothing but the love that we've shared.
    Think of this.
    Building a hot rod for Andy was super cool. But I believe that it was really a way for all the fine people who were involved in the efforts made on behalf of our young friend to simply make sure that Andy went to heaven with his share of love.
    A big big share of love.

13. 6inarow

6inarow

He was wise beyond his years. We can all learn something by reading his posts

14. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I remember it well. Very uplifting story. Whatever happned to Big Olds ??

panhead_pete likes this.
  15. It was an honor to contribute to making his situation better, for the time he was here. Hard to believe it was that long ago. RIP HAMBAndy