Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMBAndy Dunn Memorial Fund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rich Venza, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE:

I know everyone is chomping at the bit to send donations, but please understand that a project like this takes a few days to organize, and several weeks to roll out.

As of this morning, we have the following in place with production started and due to be available in 4-5 weeks.

Heavy brass plaques 3"x4" with artwork by Jeff Norwell
    Vinyl Stickers from Jason @ OLDTOWNTATTOO
    T-Shirts with the same art by Greg Guise that will be on Andy's headstone will be produced by Ken @ ODDRODGARAGE.
    All items will be shipped from my home in Suwanee, GA.

Additionally, noted artist and HAMB member Greg Guise will be creating a 12" x 12" plaque which will be mounted on Andy's grave stone in Newfoundland.

By Monday I will have all the donation amounts set and systems in place for both PayPal and check/money order donations. Watch for a new thread with all that information.

Bruce and I wish to thank everyone for your interest, suggestions and mostly your financial support.
    Rich Venza

This thread is an update on the progress Bruce Lancaster and I have been making on this very significant project.

I've contacted the HAMB members who coordinated the building of Andy's Model A to have them work with us and the Dunn family. I've also contacted Ryan on how he can work with Bruce and me to keep the project on top of the board once we roll out the complete program.

Jeff Norwell has agreed to do the creative art work for the plaques.

If there is a company, business or car club or even a HAMBer with a big heart that would be interested in picking up the cost of the plaques, or making a donation to offset the mailing costs, please PM me ASAP. The more we can offset the overhead costs, the bigger the Memorial Fund will grow.

As soon as we have all the details worked out, I'll post a thread with all the details.

My goal for this most worthy project is a minimum of $10,000. I have a gut feeling that the 68,000+ members of the HAMB Nation will far surpass that figure.

Some may wonder what is my motivation for taking on this project. It's pretty simple. My wife and I have been through exactly what the Dunn's have. For 14 years we did everything we and medical science could to give our youngest son Bart a shot at a normal life. Born with a severe congenital heart condition, he spent over half his life in and out of hospitals. When he died in 1985, my street rod buddies and Speedway Motors friends in Lincoln, Nebraska did everything possible to ease our pain.
    Now it's my turn to give.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. Rich...sent ya a pm...thanks for taking this project on...Ken

3. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I am a starving artist so I cant donate money, but i do volunteer my photographic abilities if they can be used in any way for the cause. If someone does a raffle/auction I will donate some work

4. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

SO you are looking to raise 10K thru the plaques? Then the money will be given to his family? Scholarship? Research? His family is going to keep the car yes? I am down to donate or pay if you will for some plaques..what are you looking at as far as a price point?

5. Old61

Old61
    from PA

What type/material of plaque are you looking for?

6. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I just got this from Rich should clear up some questions people may have. I know people want to know this info since I have done a few fund raisers here myself.

**I guess I should have been more detailed, but without having all the answers form the Dunn family, I don'r have answers, just an overall plan.

Should the family be in need of funds to cover medical expenses and/or funeral costs, they will be able to use whatever we can generate.

If they are not in need of the money, we have asked them to choose one or more charities to which the money will be donated in Andy name.

This project has nothing to do with the Model A the fellows up there built.

Donation amounts at this time are still being developed, but I see plaques in the $25.00 range and possibly T-Shirts at about the same, with a special deal for both.

I put the post up today, just to let folks know that Bruce and I haven't forgotten Andy or the project. Please PM me with any other questions you may have.**

7. noboD

noboD

Let me be the first to say THANKS to you guys for organizing this. When and Where would be my 2 questions, I don't have paypal.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  8. I will be setting up a special bank account for all donations. I believe I'll be able to establish a separate PayPay account for those who wish to contribute that way, and will publish my mailing address for those who wish to send a check or money order.

We are probably at least a month away from kicking all this off, so keep an eye out for the announcement thread with all the details.

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

im all for it, but.....are you goin to raise money for plqs, then mail each person who ordered one? or ??? i would love to have a hamb andy plq for my cars, and would be more then happy to pre order mine, if thats what your talkin about! thanks for doing this btw!

10. Big Tony

Big Tony

I'm definately in for plaques for both rides and my bike, plus shirts and just like Breeder said i'm not opposed to pre-order. Thanks for doing this and keeping his name going...just as Andy did...just kept going.

11. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey everyone,

I spent the morning with Andys dad (Chris). He filled up when i told him of the idea to raise money for a memorial to Andy. We had a great heart to heart, chatted about ideas and the conclusion was.......The money raised could be used to purchase a headstone for Andy with his model a on the back and any money above this would be donated to the Janeway hospital in memory or Andy and behalf of the HAMB members.

I asked Chris to double check with the family, but he simply said.....you take care of it....your Andys buddy, you know what is right.....so, i guess we are given the green light.

We could use the current paypal account that JunkYardDog32 set up when we started the HAMBANDY project or a new one could be set up.

I dont really know how to thank you all, Andy's impact on the hot rod world was huge, but the HAMBs impact on the Dunn family is equally as huge. I will contact Rich before the weekend is out and get our part in the project going....

Regards
    Leon House

12. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Cool. I'm in for a plaque when they are available.

What are ya'll thinking for the design?

An idea.... a model A tudor sedan done about the size of the HAMB tag with the Buyer's handle and "HAMBAndy is a friend of mine" on it.

13. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

keep us posted

14. rick finch

rick finch

You know "I'm all in" Rich!......................... Lets get it done.:)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  15. Love to help in any way I can, though I am short on funds. Gladly help to do graphic design if necessary. At the very least I will purchase a shirt or plaque.

16. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Guys awesome idea and Im in. Prepaid is cool by me if it helps.

17. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I'm short on funds as well, but I can certainly put together enough to buy a shirt and plaque.

Thank you to everyone who's involved in this endeavour...you guys have incredibly big hearts to take on such a worthy cause.

18. gallagher

gallagher
    from califorina

count me in if you need a pre order pm me

19. jerry

jerry

I'm in on this one.

Just waiting for details.

jerry

20. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

21. -Brent-

-Brent-

I love the brass H.A.M.B. Alliance tags... I think something tasteful like that would be great. Perhaps the company Ryan used may be helpful?

I'm certainly in for something. If you need a pre-order, I'd do that too.

22. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

The Webbers are in.

23. chopt49

chopt49

I am for sure in for one, heck two, or three....

I am a graphic designer/web goober and run a marketing company if you need any help on that front, just ask!

24. i'm in too..........lets us know.

25. Add me to the waiting list

26. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

i am in for this as well,

27. count me in for a plaque

28. budhaboy

budhaboy

with no one's objection, I'd be honored to tip my hat for the cause.

29. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in for a shirt and plaque combo preorder ok with me to...

30. classicfins

classicfins

Money is really tight here right now, but never too tight for something like this. I'm in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.