Register now to get rid of these ads!

hambandy Build "Dreams do come true"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 8, 2008.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I hosted Andy and his dad at a Goodguys event. I even got them a golf cart for the day.

They sure made my weekend.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. You know what's cool...?

What's cool is when you can smile and cry at the same time.

JOE:cool:

3. zodiac matt

zodiac matt

i had a heart transplant when i was 2 years old, im 19 now and havnt had any problems, (knock on wood) i have seen some good deeds done for people and by people, this has to be one of the coolest i have ever seen, you guys at HAMB really are some of the most stand up guys i have ever heard of and seen, btw andy, that cars awesome looking!

4. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

junkyard dog 32 said it good..............

5. 53chevy

53chevy

Totally awesome! That A-V8 is tops!!!! Great job fellas!

Ken

6. 52 csb

52 csb

Have to hand it to you you guys. Great job.. Just shows you how team work pays off. Take care of yourself Andy. GOOD LUCK 52 csb

7. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Wow! I can't believe you guys are already finished! That's amazing!

Kudos to everyone involved! :)

CONGRATS, Andy! That's one COOL looking car! I'm jealous! :D

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

this is amazing. what a blessing for andy and everyone involved.....including all that can read about it here. WOW.

9. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Great job guys... now I wanna see a pic of Andy boiling the hides.

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Thanks for the kudos! I'll spread them out as best I can!:D

The car isn't "finished"...still needs wipers, proper gas tank, hand brake and a few other things...plus a bit of tidying up.
    We'll be on it this weekend or early next week.
    We're pooped! LoL

Myself and Fitzee with help from Leon, Terry, Geoff and Glen started this build off and with some additional help here and there had it to the point of body fitted to semi-rolling frame and the initial stage of chopping. THEN word got around about what we were doing and the local Non-HAMB volunteers started to show up.

I wish I could name them all but some I don't even know their names, so it wouldn't be fair to the ones left out!

I am SO proud to be a Nflder just from what I saw first hand in their dedication to the project.

We were never hungry...Pizza, soft drinks and Tim Hortons magicly appeared for us on a regular basis.
    On this build, "CAD design" meant "Coffee And Donuts"!!!
    There was no attitude...nobody tried to push their weight...EVERYONE just concentrated on the job at hand.
    EVERYONE did their job to the very best of their ability and were true to the traditional style Andy wanted.
    I think it shows...and I'm damn proud we could pull it off.
    Without our additional help...wouldn't have happened in this time frame.

Here on the HAMB we often separate the Street Rodder from the Trad...the money people from the guy who is just squeeking by.
    Well THIS build brought all that into one room and it worked. It worked GREAT.
    No matter what guys drove themselves, from early F100's, Cobra kitcars, T buckets, Chargers, Street Rods, Corvettes, you name it, they were true to the HAMB spirit in the build of this car and worked as one.
    This Av8 is a first for us here on the Rock.
    I think this is the FIRST truly Traditional build that can be found here.
    I'm sure it won't be the last.
    People were so receptive to the car its absolutely amazing.

I don't feel I set myself back at all by putting so much time into this project for Andy.
    My extended project didn't get completed for this year...true...BUT I gained so many new local friends...I had so much fun...it all just blows my mind when I think about it!!!
    I gained so much personally...
    Fitzee and I had so much fun working together that he even asked me to bring my 5 window to HIS shop this coming winter so we could work on it together in the off hours!
    Is that cool or what?
    While I won't take him up on it, I'm sure we will be working together on SOME parts of my build and others in the future.
    We work together WELL.

Things like this are truly a win/win situation...and as far as I know, a bit of hard work never killed anyone anyway.

If an opportunity like this ever crosses your path. DO IT.

11. jangleguy

jangleguy

What a kick in the pants to even be close to this deal! You guys are truely awesome.
    Congrats, Andy. Now drive - drive like the wind!!!

Scotty

12. sjohnson

sjohnson

awesome!!!!!keep on going and you will never grow old!

13. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

My wife asked me last night if I'd been on the HAMB lately ( I've got a cool wife that notices these kinds of things ). I jumped on today and the first thing I thought of was "I wonder how Andy's doing and how the A's coming".

The first thing I see is a sticky. I spent the next hour and a half soaking up one of the most awe inspiring threads I've ever read on these pages. I followed Andy's story and the beginning of the build and what came out of, not only their shop, but the hearts,minds and hands of the people here is just awesome.

When I started looking at the Photobucket pics I threw some Social D on and when Reach For The Sky came on I lost it. I think I replayed the song 3 or 4 times. It seemed so fitting.

Andy, dude, what can I say that hasn't been said already but if anyone on this planet truly deserves such a bitchin' ride my brother, it's you. They'll be lucky to see your tail lights through the smoke.

14. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God I wish I coulda been there. Andy you are ruling bro! Im stoked. -J.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well done folks, That Photo of Andy standing in front of the car with the big happy grin is something to behold.

16. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great job! Enjoy it Andy - but that grin tells me you are.

17. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Just ignore the story if possible and the car is one of my favorite hot rods even without the inspirational story. BUt the story is gravy. So cool. So when can he legally drive it? A video of his first drive would be so cool.

18. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Von...Andy isn't old enough to legally drive the A yet...BUT at the Carbonear car show where it had its debut, there was a "Breakfast Cruise" on Sunday morning.
    Well...the local powers decided to let ANDY drive the A on the cruise even though the car isn't licenced! All told he put something like 11 1/2 miles on the car even though it wasn't really 100% road ready!!!
    His first drive was a complete success...and Andy and his Dad say the car drives GREAT!
    We're just waiting for some additional parts to get thru the mail so we can get a hand brake, wiper, proper fuel tank and turn signals on the rig...plus do a good check over and a few little tweeks here and there.
    Had hoped the stuff would be here by now but it should be very soon!

Once it passes road inspection and Licencing we all get to take turns driving Andy on cruise nights AND Andy and Dad can go for drives or to a parking lot at anytime so Andy himself can get some additional miles under his belt.

Great kid...I'm so happy the HAMB and all the great local car people were there for him!!!!