Register now to get rid of these ads!

hambandy Build "Dreams do come true"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Congrats on a bitchin ride.

To all those that helped this dream come true. I hope your good karma meter is pegged full.

2. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

I 2nd this part!!!
    "Ryan is there anyway to archive everything into one thread? I know it would be a book, but I think all of the misc threads should be put together just for "history sake".[/quote]

3. noboD

noboD

It's just my personal opinion, but the HAMB did exactly what it said it would do. HAMBAndy has a car, probably the greatest thing I've ever heard of. Andy is healthy and has the car of his dreams. The story should be his and his family's to tell or not. If they choose to tell it on TV or in mags let me know I want to watch it or buy a copy. But I don't think the HAMB should notify anyone unless ANDY and his family want to. How about Andy on Leno? Can anyone imagine starting school in a few weeks knowing THAT car is yours and sitting at home?? Sure wish I could have been there to see Andy ride in to the show.

4. Abomination

Abomination

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I doesn't get any better than this guys:):)

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Thats one freakin awsum ride. I'd be proud to have one just like it. Only there will only be one like it.

7. nexxussian

nexxussian

kick ass!!!!!!!!

8. Dirk35

Dirk35

Thats freaking awesome what you all have done for him!

9. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey folks!

Andy has officially driven his car through town and into his 1st show! (not to bad since ya gotta be 17 to drive here;) )

Hackerbill and Andy loaded the car into a closed carrier and off we went into the rain.......yes rain damn it....but why not rain? Only a small hurdle compaired some we faced......... Once we hit town we unloaded in a supermarket parking lot........well Andy unloaded, and people flocked to the carrier like flies on crap.....there was people clapping and taking pictures everywhere. Amazing!!!! Some of the locals made the trip but our very own Fitz had to work the drag strip....and i hate to admit it but he was missed.....(did i say that ;) ) Kinda didnt feel right with out him there, he was a big part of the team.

With Andy behind the wheel as planned he made up the road and through the underpass to the field where the show was being held.....where they made Andy park his car right out front for every one to drool over, while all the rest were parked to the side. Ya should have seen Andys look on his face when he climbed out of that car..................wow, he was stoked!

The rain had entries and attendance down but tommorrow looks better.........pictures will be posted.

Oh yea................there were a couple t-shirts made for the family with Andys car embroidered on the front.....well, guess who recieved one;) Now look for a auction proceeds to this great board.... Some one could win a very very rare piece of hamb history.

Once again........................ thank you

Leon

And the caps were locked inside a warehouse, soooooooooooooo we(Chris and myself) waited for a delivery driver to go inside and in we went! Boxes on the floor every where i hear "Leon, i found them, i dont believe it i fuking found the box.....Andy is gonna bust" So Chris threw money at the driver, yelled "keep the change" and off we went......We told Andy they didnt make it....but he wouldnt believe us. His Sellers Equiped "hambandy" caps had made it. But due to time and fear of Fuking them up we didnt rush and put them on til Bill gets the time to do it right and not ruin them. Sellers, we have a deal.........and you have a promise and we will make it happen!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  10. I have cried like a baby reading this,all I can say is that it is great to see the pics of him inthe car and that I'm proud that I found the HAMB and got to see all this go down,God bless.

11. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

That grin makes you realize that everything will be alright. Awesome car, awesome kid, just awesome.

Matt

12. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

could not have said this better. very eloquent indeed. the HAMB is an amazing place filled with amazing people

13. Zumo

Zumo

Cool ride little brother. Hope he is having a ball with it.

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

That is one BIG GRIN in the final picture and that grin says so much.

15. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

What a beautiful, rain soaked, but perfect day.
    Heres a shot of Andy jumping puddles on the way to the field.

[​IMG]

Andy leading our convoy towards the show.

[​IMG]

Several pics of the AV8 on the field...front and center!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That field should have been full of cars but most held off until tomorrow in hopes of better weather.

Not hardcore Andy. That A will be rode hard and put away wet.

16. Fantastic work all of you....Good looking car

17. FONZI

FONZI

Car looks GREAT!

18. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Andy is a HAMBer Fonzi...
    NO WAY the car could look anything but cool.

He made a point of saying that the car couldn't have graphics or outrageous pinstripes...clean is his preference.
    He knows a traditional Hot Rod is one vehicle where the "look" is a result of form following function.
    No bling, just the coolest of styling accents...let the car speak for itself.
    His commitment to having as close a "traditional build" as reality and the build schedule would allow...just blows me away.
    He's THIRTEEN years old.
    Thirteen...
    Unbelievable.

His peers crave imports and Turbos...I guess he dreams of making a run a MUROC dry lake...with a snarling Flathead Ford.

I don't understand it...but I thank God for giving me the ability to take him a step closer.
    Taking HAMBAndy for a spin around the parking lot in his AV8 was a BLAST I'll never forget.

19. ratster

ratster

wow guys, not much i can say that hasn't been said, but wow

20. Wow..........................just wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless every last one of you. You have just "paid forward" your way into heaven, I can promise you that.

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

13 ..thats so crazy...i thought i had a clue at his age about cars...andy proves that theory wrong!@

22. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Way to go. You guys did a fantastic job. Great Car Andy.

23. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

Simply outstanding!!

24. Mootz

Mootz

Not only is this one of the best stories ever, but the build looks spot on. One of the best sedans I've ever seen. You guys are great.

Mootz

25. atch

atch

andy,

congrats on having:

1. the coolest car on the planet,
    2. the greatest friends on the planet,
    3. the perseverence and fortitude to be an inspiration to us all.

we're all looking forward to seeing you at the hamb drags. if ya leave now there will be plenty of time to stop to meet hambers all along the way. if you can't be here this year will you try to make it next year?

we want to meet you in person. and wouldn't mind seeing your ride, too.

there are hundreds (thousands?) of folks who have been praying for you and your family for a long time. and watching the car progress. best wishes to you and yours. your smile in all the pix is priceless; please keep it there. and keep us informed about your adventures in the new hot rod.

'til we meet in person...

26. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Well, I kept my composure pretty well....up to Leon's last post....then this crusty ol' fart lost it. There can't be a dry eye in the house today.

Does that car look cool, outside goin' down the road, or what??!!

It's a great day, a really great day.

27. movingviolation

movingviolation

Joe was instrumental in raising money to get Andy to Joplin til Andys health failed, Then it was discussed about building the car and with the blessings of Joe, we began. Joe is a top knotch class act and an asset to the HAMB and the HAMBANDY build....

Leon

28. fisher_man_matt

fisher_man_matt

Congrats to everyone involved with the build. You all did a great thing.

Andy, you are an inspiration buddy. Enjoy your car. To have such a strong grasp on the hot rod scene a only 13, I can't wait to see your future builds.

Matt

29. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats to all involved, this has been the best IMHO story on the HAMB since I have joined and thanks to all that have kicked this along.

30. svo

svo

It is amazing the things that people can do when they work together!

Awesome car, awesome people!