Register now to get rid of these ads!

hambandy Build "Dreams do come true"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 8, 2008.

1. fitzee

fitzee

This is it. All done. Had a number of troubles but figured out and fixed. Spent from 9 this morning till 12 tonite and had people dropping in to help all day. I have lost count on how many locals have come to help out on this build and want to thank them all. The last two bolt that held the seat in were finshed off by Andy himself.then he sat behind the wheel and turned the key. This is where I lost it. All the work,time and problems all when out the window when I seen Andys face behind the wheel of his car with his little flatty idling away. I can`t describe how good this felt.Next Andy and his dad took it for a run around the lot.We were unsure on how Brakes and such were, so Andys dad was behind the wheel. Hearing the little flatty is a sound I will never forget. Everthing seems to be working great. still some bugs and some things we will change but it is good enough for Andy to cruz to the show tomorrow. Sorry Can be there, It is killing me but working at our local drag strip is keeping me from the event. My loss.Man I wish I could be there. Anyway Andy you car is complete and all you have to do now is enjoy it.

Drive the tires off it buddy

fitzee

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/Hambandy/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Great thing everybody did!!!

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That Rocks! Awesome!!

4. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

:d:d:d:d:d:d

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008

5. T-Roy

T-Roy

Wow! Nice car Andy! To everyone involved with donations, be it your time or parts, you are nothing short of awesome. The HAMB rules in so many ways.

Congratulations Andy!

6. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Hell FUCKING yes!!! (Sorry Andy but it's from the heart)

7. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

To all involved WELL DONE !!!
    Enjoy the hell out of it Andy.

8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Fitzee, I'm so happy that we all got together over coffee and decided to do this build.
    Been one of the best experiences of my life on so many levels.
    It's just been a blast.

The way our local build partners came from nowhere over the last 3 or 4 weeks was mindblowing.
    When we needed a boost they were there and nobody gave less than 100%. Local car people take a second place to NO ONE.
    Build crew....you guys and gals are AWESOME.

Few more small things to address...but its nothing tough.

Andy has a CAR now.
    NOT a collection of parts...A living, breathing, throbbing, flatty powered AV8 sedan.
    Those parts you HAMBers sent have proven to be the makings of a real HOT ROD...right out of the 50's...for a real HOT RODDER.

Andy...your the real deal. Respect the road and the people around you. Your a true HAMBer now!
    Drive careful. ;)

Oh...BTW Lil' buddy;) ;)...think I could take your A for a spin sometime tomorrow?
    AFTER you of course!!!! :D

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Great things happen when one or two people start it...and get the rest of the rodders involved...congrats to all that had a hand in it in both large and small ways...and Happy driving Andy...!!!

R-

10. Abomination

Abomination

SOmebody post a link about how this all got started (for posterity), or a series of links from the beginning showing progress! :D

~Jason

11. Somebody should get Andy into the next powertour- his story and power of the HAMB need to be seen and told!

12. Wesley

Wesley

That shot of Andy behind the grinning through the open door is priceless. My hat is off to everyone that helped with this project.

Life is not about the destination. Life is about the journey. Andy, get behind the wheel and let the journey begin!

13. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

I don't even know what to say about you guys,, Fitz you have no idea how i feel seeing him sit in there.. my eyes are tearing up as i type this. Andy, I'm not sure if they told you this, But FitZ, Moving violation and everyone were trying to fly me out there to hand you those caps, it was gonna be a surprise to you. I made you a promise the day you visited me, and you can hold me to that promise. I cant wait to meet and shake everyones hand who really made a difference ion this young mans life. As busy as our normal lives can be,, i see some REALLY TRUE MEN HERE! who dropped things in there own lives,, to give a helping hand... ~S

14. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Damn, you went and made me cry. Happy cry, tho!
    Nice work fellas.

15. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Sellers, your a very special man:) I have just recently read the HambAndy posts and its by far the most inspiring thing i have ever witnessed and read. and with you Mr. Sellers using your talent and love to help someone out and not only you but everyone else that helped is something that no TV or car show can capture its something that will all be in our hearts and in our minds untill the day we die. Hot rods today are very diff. from how they were years ago but one thing that wont ever change is the love and friendships that have been built around Hot Rods. Thanks everyone who helped and everyone who had a dream to help someone and build a car that will always be COOL!!!! HambAndy your a true hero to everyone.

16. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Wow! Andy, it's running!!!
    What a wonderful group of guys to jump on a project like that, even if they enjoyed every minute of the build.
    You guys are very, very, special. OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

17. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

Fuckin' A man, fuckin' A..

That's an awesome story, I just searched how it all happened.. Pretty amazing. Just another reason to love the HAMB. Keep rocking Andy.

18. Greezy

Greezy

Fitzee, Sellers, the whole build team. I can only add that if there were more people like you in the world it would be a far more better place. WE ALL need to follow your example of selfless giving. You all are an inspiration.

Andy have fun in your hot rod, like that needed to be said. Speed safely.

19. UK Comet

UK Comet

Respect due to anyone who had anything to do with this project.
    It is a very cool car built for the best of reasons. Well done. :)

20. My eyes are leaking while I read this, Andy,you look so perfect,sitting right where you belong. You are the most deserving,young hot rodder on the planet, the challenges you have faced would have overcome many. Enjoy that ride,you earned it. You need to take "Doc" for a memorable ride too. To all the build team and contributors, the world needs to know,what a community of great people can accomplish. The world just became a better place,thanks to this great place, started by Ryan Cochran, and inhabited by wonderful gearheads,around the globe.:D

21. Andy, I'm so happy for you on many levels. Great to see you so happy and behind the wheel of YOUR car! Great work to everyone involved.

22. fatcaddi

fatcaddi

awesome nothing but freaking awesome.

23. WOWWW The ride looks great, but you Andy look EVEN BETTER!!! God Bless you and every person who donated, laid hands on your project or helped in anyway. They all made a dream come true for a true Hot Rodder. I hope the show goes well, and you have the best days of your life behind the wheel of that Gorgeous Rod.

Will

24. i agree 100% great work every one did!Andy enjoy your hot rod

25. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Damn onions...

You go boy!!!

26. movingviolation

movingviolation

It is an amazing thing when you have to stop and scramble your mind to think of how many people had a part of this wonderful experience. It has been a win/win experience for everyone involved. Andy got a new car and a ton of new friends, the HAMB got to show the world that we are as much the real deal as Andy, and we the locals got to see the smile from Andy...........and that is priceless.

I have had been able to speak to some of you guys and i am lost for words when i try to sum up what to say about everything done.................Now i only have 1 thing left to do for Andy...........and i'm sure we will pull that off as well....may take us some time but were gonna keep trying.

To everyone who helped, donated, worked or even prayed for HAMBANDY....... THANK YOU. We are honored to be a part of this fine brotherhood. To the origional 6 who sat at the table over coffee and gave this the green light........Thank YOU. To JUNKYARDDOG 32..........you were a huge factor in making Andys dream come true.....THANK YOU.

Ryan, you let us build this dream on your site with your blessing............Thank you.

I will be going put with the boys today and will post tonite............

As Ray Joy one of the body crew said................when you think of this whole experience only one word comes to mind......."WOW"

Regards
    Leon House

27. awesome from the drawing board to completion , congrats yall , andy have fun with your ride man!

[​IMG]

28. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Magnanimous !

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Best story I have ever followed. I remember talking to Doc about this project last fall in Texas and how enthusiastic he was about helping. You guys rule. Andy's car is the best!! HAMBANDY, famous hot rodder kid....