Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB "Vintage" Tool Box Club

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by daveydeuce, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Here's mine. The small carry around is one from the 80's. Carried in the trunk of my 1st car. The small red Snap On is my 8yr. old sons handed down from his grandfather. and the black one is my new one. (needed more room). Sign me up.:cool:

2. Thumper

Thumper

Take some thin metal and make "liners" for the top areas that are rusted out. Use clear epoxy and glue them in place. I would say the Snap-On was made in 1970 going by the numbers on the back ( to the right of USA )

3. I'm in....the big Mac box damn near cost me a divorce. It's only 25 years old. The old snap-on is ancient but Idon't have a photo of it

Attached Files:

wingnutz likes this.
  4. Here's my first tool box from 1960. It came with a complete set of Craftsman Tools, some of which I still use to this day. Cool old decals of the day also.

Attached Files:

5. ..
    yes I do...here it is. I think this is from the late 40's early 50's..

Attached Files:

rbrewer likes this.
  6. BKillian

BKillian

Well here are the results of my "attempted" restoration, I wish my camera treated me as well as it did this tool box! Some how I've managed to spend as much time on the old emblem as I did the rest of it!

Attached Files:

7. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

ok forgot about this little one ? found this 1/4 socket set , at a swap meet when I was a kid ! cleaned it , repainted the red/orange craftsman logo , wire brushed the rust off the tools oiled every thing , and gave them a good home , allmost 30 years ago ? they still work great ! my guess would 1920`s or 30`s ? I love old tool`s !!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

8. jdraizor

jdraizor
    from GA

Im posting these to find out if anyone has any information about the top box. I have no part number or anything for it. It was my grandfathers and i would love any information someone might have about when it was made. I have a number from the roll away, but I cant find anything about the top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know if you know anything about the top please.

9. rose jackets67

rose jackets67
    from Georgia

Nice boxes, y'all. After looking at the pictures in this thread over and over for the last couple of months, I went out and picked up a cool old Cornwell 10 drawer top box this week. Currently looking for a matching bottom so I can throw out my funky blue Craftsman.

[​IMG]

10. rose jackets67

rose jackets67
    from Georgia

One more... camera flash makes it look rougher than it is.[​IMG]

11. tim burns

tim burns
    from Oregon

here's my snap-on "wall of tools" all 5 boxes are 1970. i sold all my vintage boxes when i got the 2nd giant rollaway. i had 17 tool chests & rollaways.

Attached Files:

12. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I wanna see some more shots inside your garage Farmer, you got some awesome stuff in there!:D

13. officerfalfa

officerfalfa

Here is my submission to the club, it was my great uncle's from the 30's or 40's. It is a vintage Snap on bottom box. The one drawer has a cool embossed Snap on logo. I tried to get it to show up in the pics.

Attached Files:

14. I like the old Proto logo, remember when mainstream companys could have naked chicks in there logos? Me neither. The sign is painted on masonite. It must have been part of a tool display. The BluePoint box is made of some kind of die cast zinc/aluminum?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Here's the tool box that I use with the Bellytank. (For obvious reasons). I don't know who made these, but I suspect they also made vacuum cleaners.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. You should have bailing wire in there, not zip ties,. It would be more traditional. That's an awesome tool box! I've never seen one before.

17. My grandfather made mine in 1914 when he was an apprentice patternmaker. Pretty cool, canary pine all dovetailed, liftout trays ans some great tools he made as well.

18. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

heres my kennedy i restored [​IMG]

19. barndoor

barndoor

My grandpa use to own a slot car track in Westminster Ca back in the 60's..... This was my dads slot car tool box, then my uncles, and then it was my slot car tool box. Now it just sits around my garage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
    wingnutz likes this.
  20. shook/ohio

shook/ohio

I am a widow of a motorhead. I was wondering how I might go about selling a very vintage large MAC tool box? I can take pictures of it and send to anyone who is interested in it.

Saw some of the ones on here and it is very large and great for a motorhead, as I am sure he would want it to be used.

If you like you can reply to [email protected]

Thanks
    shook/ohio

21. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon
    from denver

just found this sight while trying to find info on my old snap on that i got from my ex. sorry, i'm not a rodder, i'm a wheeler, so i don't normally hang on these forums, but there are some sweet boxes in this thread.

does anyone know the time period for the snap on kr537a top boxes? that will help me figure out what my lower box is. my ex bought both boxes used in the early 70's.

i'm trying to find a new slide for the rollaway, part number stamped in it is 8-567, but i cant' find it on snap ons sight. i'm going to talk to the rep today when he comes out, but if anyone has one or can help me find one, that'd be great.

22. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Here's a Snap-On box I got from some guy around the corner from my house. My Dad had just left and came back around the block and asked me if I had 20 bucks. Was setting on the curb with a For Sale sign on it. Said it was his Dad's but it was too small. What a sentimental guy. Score for me though! Striping by Spent.

I've got a couple of old Kennedy Kits that belonged to my grandfather. One has a leather wrapped handle.

Attached Files:

23. Here's my Dad's tool box I got from him a few years ago. I've got a picture of the Christmas he got it and I'm crawling around so it must've been '68. If you want larger pics go to http://classicdragsters.com/v/automobilia/ and you can see them 2592x1728.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. BKillian

BKillian

Nice find! I wonder how old it is?

25. BKillian

BKillian

I've had luck just looking at on the Snap-on website and looking at the parts catalog, and checking the other boxes with as close to the same part# as the one you have and seeing what # the slides are if they match they will work.

26. BKillian

BKillian

27. Ramblur

Ramblur

Here's my old one. High School graduation gift from my parents.
    (1978) Rem Line

[​IMG]

Truckwrench1 likes this.
  28. Got this old tool box last week for $10...........
    [​IMG]

29. 26TCoupe

26TCoupe

Here is the toolbox my Great Grandpa used in his shop working on cars in the 20's and 30's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wingnutz likes this.
  30. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Well i have 4 Gerstner machinest boxes 2 oak, 1 maple and my favorite Black leatherette, and all but the maple are ww2 or older