Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB THANK YOU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mgtstumpy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

A big thank you to HAMBers Dan GRIFFIN and Late to the Party. I listed some parts that I required for my 46 Olds in the wanted section and without their help I would have a snow balls chance in hell of getting them. Both guys went out of their way to source and get what I needed, pack them and then send to LA. Dan's family in LA jumped on board, picking up the parcel from the freight company and delivering it to the shipper. After some delays with shipping, customs and quarantine I picked them up today.
    I couldn't let this as unrecognised, I've sent a PM to them both as well, however the comradely shown was truly amazing. I just hope I can return the favour some day. The power of the HAMB on opposite sides of the globe re-instills your faith in human nature.
    Thanks again, your help was truly appreciated!
    tapatalk_1545608894583.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    LBCD, partsdawg, Smiffy and 25 others like this.
  2. midroad

midroad

That's what the HAMB is about!

3. Sporty45

Sporty45

4. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good car folks helping other good car folks! Its what its all about!

mgtstumpy likes this.
  5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I've always wanted a Sloper,,,, just saying

mgtstumpy likes this.
  6. Glad the WANTED section worked out for someone.

mgtstumpy likes this.
  7. lilmann

lilmann

mgtstumpy likes this.
  8. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

That's awesome! Love the HAMB

mgtstumpy likes this.
  9. Never had any dealings with "Late To The Party" but I have with Dan, very helpful and knowledgeable guy when it comes to those old Rocket engines and transmissions!

mgtstumpy likes this.
  10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

They're still around and pop up every now and again, there were GM, MOPAR and Fords; early GM had lots of wood, others were all steel I believe. What are you after, complete roller or other remembering the cowl pressing on GMH 37/38 Chevs didn't extend into the door like Fisher bodies! I've seen all types of slopers turning up over there recently, many original cars needing a heart transplant (SBC) etc. :D Happy to look around for a project if need be, then getting it there? Is it most effective to send a body there with unique GMH sheetmetal inside or a complete rolling car. GMH and Fisher frames are the same apart from steering box location?
    upload_2019-4-4_11-44-19.png upload_2019-4-4_11-45-44.png
    38 Fisher (L) cowl / door pressings, GMH (R)
    upload_2019-4-4_11-51-49.png upload_2019-4-4_11-48-38.png
    37 Fisher (L) engine side curtains, GMH (R)

Max Gearhead likes this.
  11. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

To give you an idea of what I know about moving cars from Aus. I have two Utes in the backyard (50 Chev and 53 Ford), and I helped two other reach their Ute needs.
    With that said, I am a lover of 39-40 Ford Slopers, only saw two when we were down there.
    Shipping parts is better as i don't need frame,front clip, rear fenders, interior, motor/trans,, would need the drop down rear seat at lest for patterns. I had a mate that to store one he quartered it and stuffed it under his house.
    But he is a panel beater and could reassemble it.