Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB STYLE 29 Model A sedan picture essay

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twofosho, May 18, 2008.

1. twofosho

twofosho

Found this car sitting at the Bomber Restaurant Run in Milwaukie this morning, and thought it was so much the epitome of a "proper" HAMB car, I just had to share.

Car was built in Spokane around 1984 by Joe (Pee Wee) Felice, son of one of one of the founders of the Dukes Car Club of the Spokane area, for a buddy of his, and current car owner, Portland architect Larry Dean Hart. Details of the car as related to me by the owner are as follows;

29 Model A Tudor
    chopped 6"
    channeled 4 to 5"
    The entire firewall appears to have been recessed slightly.
    Radiator and shell are moved forward on the frame horns 4 to 6 inches to give the motor clearance.
    39 Chev taillights with blue dot lenses are used, with the housings moulded to the body.
    Car name is actually moulded into the body as part of the license plate surround, and is highlighted in gold paint to match the pinstriping on the rest of the car.
    232 Studebaker V8 originally built for and run in a sprint car by Pee Wee's father.
    Original Studebaker finned aluminum rocker covers and valley cover. Camshaft is an Isky originally ground in 1960 and just installed this year. Polished Weiand twin two barrel intake with Rochester two barrels.
    Offy adaptor feeds into a 39 Ford box with special gears (probably Lincoln).
    Transmission in turn feeds into a torque tube and Halibrand quickie, all pieces taken from the same race car as the engine.
    Car has an axle dropped by Pee Wee himself and runs 39 Ford juice brakes all the way around.
    Front wishbone is split just enough to clear the oil pan of the Stude engine.
    Gas tank is the stock Model A, with an auxiliary shut off under the dash.
    Wheels are 50 Merc in the front, 50 Lincoln in the rear, and carry wide whitewall tires and 50 Merc caps all the way around.

Sorry, aside from learning auxiliary SW instruments are added to the stock Model A cluster, I didn't get any interior details, but the pictures should speak for themselves. Matter of fact, if you look closely, small details jump out at you from all over the car.

"Pee Wee" is currently restoring several old race cars. I do not know if he is still building hot rods.

Attached Files:

2. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

wow thats a sweet looking sedan.....they did a nice job!

3. twofosho

twofosho

more pics

Attached Files:

4. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Very cool sedan - nice colors!

5. absolut killer A