Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb stickers?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Mar 29, 2004.

1. [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, need a shirt bad. Saw several people @ Roundup Saturday wearing HAMB t shirts, stopped them, introduce meself, met some nice folks. How about it? Soon!!! I would buy 3 or 4 at least, then folks wouldn't think I'm just an old fker got lost stumbled into a rod event. Could use stickers, too. I'm proud to be a HAMBer!! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell Bellm,
    It wouldn't matter how many stickers or t shirts I had people would still think I was some old fker that just stumbled into a rod event.

But I'm down with stickers and t shirts. "I'm proud to be a HAMBer!! [​IMG]" of course I don't know if the HAMB is proud of it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

She's adorable!!

What do you want per sticker? If a person wants a sticker and includes the amount in their t-shirt payment, "The Gay Michigan Bitches" distribution headquarters will gladly include whatever the "customr" wants. All this, of course, hinges on Ryans approval.

3. The pinstriped shift pattern, A coupe, and Ryan's coupe kick ass. I'm in for one of each.

Could we talk about the red oxide color AND a gray shirt? Three red oxide shirts would be a lot of red oxide.

Another thought...Instead of a photograph over pinstripes, how about an atrist's rendering of the A coupe, custom, and Ryan's '38. More trouble for sure but it would give some of our more talented members a chance to show off their work -assuming they want to and have time. Trying to reproduce a photograph on a t-shirt could leave less than desirable results.

JH

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'm down for paying for stickers, and if Denise will do the ditro then it'll be one stop shopping. Is there any reason why we can't do couple of Django's designs? I'm looking at getting a few of the shirts. If there are multiple designs I'll get more. Maybe we can do a preorder so there aren't any left overs...

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

[ QUOTE ]
    The pinstriped shift pattern, A coupe, and Ryan's coupe kick ass. I'm in for one of each.

Another thought...Instead of a photograph over pinstripes, how about an atrist's rendering of the A coupe, custom, and Ryan's '38. More trouble for sure but it would give some of our more talented members a chance to show off their work -assuming they want to and have time. Anyhow, that is just a thought.

JH

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good thought if we use one of the layouts with a car.

BTW, in case you don't remember, Barnett's striping is used in all of my designs. Foiled Again did the shift logo.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

No chance in hell my car is making a shirt fellas... Way too many way cooler cars for that...

7. Ryan don't take this as an attempt to kiss your ass, but your '38 is a fucking stunner!

JH

8. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

Well I'm late to this thread but better late than never.

I started a thread on getting T-Shirts last October that had some way cool artwork from several different people... heck it was getting hard to pick cuz there were so many cool ideas. Anyway you can find the thread here.

I'm in for 3-4 Shirts and at least 4 Stickers.

Also, as I stated in the past thread, I'd be happy to help in anyway possible to support the HAMB.

I do have some connections for shirts and screen-printing but as I remember, there were people that were better connected than I.

I'd be happy to be of service to the HAMB in any way to get this done.

Rick

9. Hey, I'm in for stuff...stuff is cool...I buy stuff all the time a flea's and swaps for no apparent reason...I sell stuff that I can't give away....justified in that it's a normal by-product of the (dare I say culture) the stuff we do. I'll buy a bunch of stickers and some tee's. How about some HAMB golf clubs, cut em up make shifter's, prop open garage doors when painting, push dishes around the fancy eating table...in a hunert years they will be worth a fortune!

10. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Well I just wasted a bunch of time putting Ryan's car onto T-shirt designs........

Guess I better find a "cooler" car, pfftttt....

Anywho....
    I made the decals in two different sizes

small = .5 x 3.125 inches
    large = 1.0 x 6.5 inches

I had the idea that 1.0 was too small when creating the design but when they came out of the printer they looked huge. So I halfed my design and made some small ones too.

Turned out to be a great idea for obvious reasons, I could get twice as many stickers per page and they were simple enough to be really cool anywhere. They fit on windows, on tools, on radius rods, on shifters, just about anywhere you have a spare 1/2 inch !!!!

So basically I have to go and count them out to see what I can do, but my origional idea for a HAMB fund-raiser was to give 1 lg and 2 sm for 5 bucks, then I could take my cut and give the rest to the message board....my guess is that if you went to a sign shop and tried to get these decals it would cost you more than that because of the time/labor/and small size of the decal, but since I did this work at cost I could still give this kind of a deal in a larger scale and have it work out financially.

So I will take all suggestions according to price, you guys hash it out, I'll take whatever you see morally fit...

I like the idea of putting them with the first comers on the t-shirts, it might be a motivator. Like a big x-mas present - you better get your ass in gear if you want 'em...

If that sucks and people get pissed at missing the deal, maybe I can make more decals this summer....

11. Broman, can you post a pic of your sticker so we can see what they look like.

And if Ryan says it's ok, figure out your cost , double it and give half to the board and the other half pays you back.

Everybodys a winner
    [​IMG]

12. 52Chief

52Chief
    from San Diego

Stickers and shirts sounds good to me. Count me in on the deal when it gets all figured out.

13. Muttley

Muttley

Either one of these would get my vote: [​IMG] [​IMG] However they should be on a grey shirt with NO POCKET, pocket T-shirts are gay.

14. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Well not too much of a graphic image, but here is what the decals look like. they are red all the way to the edges and the H.A.M.B. lettering is white - not cut out. This one is close to the size of the little ones - go ahead and put you tape measurers up to the screen.

How 'bout I just send the decals to the HAMBer doing the t-shirts and when it's all said and done someone sends me a check/money order -like it or lump it that's what I get.....

Attached Files:

15. Personaly I reckon thats about the best size for the HAMB stickers...should be that Subtle. not a 4 inch Rear Widow Sticker that everyone and his dog will see and want too.

Cheers

Maiki

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That is a good sticker. I like the idea of the shift knob logo about 1" in diameter for the same reasons. s u b t l e . 99% of the people will probably put them in a window somewhere on the car. They shouldn't be distracting. Just something when you see it, you think... "cool".

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think the 4 sp logo is best and would be a great sticker since it could be small.

18. BELLM

BELLM

I like Broman's sticker, esp the small ones. And that little girl is a doll [​IMG]( I gots grandaughters, one is 5 months old) Don't have a lot of front & rear window in my 32 so the small one would be great. Any T shirt design is ok by me, just so it has HAMB & a cool car on it, the 4 spd pattern is also nice. All I can contribute is money but there is a ton of talent here. Lets do it this time, don't let it fade away like last time. I'm sure everyone I meet with an appropriate car gets tired of me asking them if they post on the HAMB.

19. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I have plenty of hamb shirts but would buy a couple of the red oxide colored ones if they are offered. I would like to see someone make up some stickers for us so we can identify each others cars at events. It would also identify us to others so get ready for the "Is this a kit car...ratrod etc." questions. I just tell 'em it's whatever you want to call it. I know what it is. [​IMG]

20. Muttley

Muttley

This: [​IMG] would be the perfect sticker. [​IMG]

21. MBL

MBL

Are we not afraid of biker gangs anymore?
    Tim
    MBL

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

why would we be? I don't see anything wrong with red shirts...

23. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

The design for the HAMB shifter decal oozes cool but I have a three speed on the tree, I might be putting a 5-speed in her sooner or later and my dad runs an automatic. It would be kinda nerdy to put the faux four speed decal on one of these cars. Besides that it leans all the way towards the Hot-Rod side rather than the kustom side (we both have kustoms BTW). Just a thought....

If the shifter decal was made they'd be rad, but I wouldn't buy one - it just doesn't fit on my ride. I wouldn't have a beef if they won a popularity contest though.

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I disagree Broman. It's not like you're putting a "columbia rear end " decal on there if you don't have that rear end. It's a brand. It has nothing to do with how anyone's car is equipped. It's a logo that is quickly and easily recognized by anyone as a HAMBers car. It's akin to saying, "I'm not buying a shirt cause I don't like pinstriping". I'm not getting down on you, but as far as I'm concerned, that is a non-issue.

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I was given a very cool HAMB sticker for Big Olds last summer from BobK aka:FaatRod that I believe he got from 40Studedude. Maybe Roger or Bob can post that one. I love it and gets tons of compliments on it. I'll take a photo of it later tonight and post if neither one of them do. I think Roger made them on his home computer/printer.

26. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

I'm for the "T" shirts and the shift knob sticker, so someone "just do it". i'll take mine yesterday, if that's ok. the season is upon us, so the need is ASAP ?. when they are available, get it posted in CAPS.

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Here's the sticker that BobK gave me last summer that I believe 40StudeDude made. Been on Big Olds for about 5-6,000 miles now. Not worn out yet [​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. Crestliner

Crestliner

I usually don't express my opinion on things like this, but the HAMB logo as on the site is were we are at. Seems everyone has a round sticker some where on their car. Give people somthing to recognize when looking for this site. While I'm rambling, put a car on the shirt. It will draw more attention. My 2 cents.

29. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I hate to start a pissing match D'jango but I really dissagree to that - If I don't run Brand-X somewhere on my car why would I put Brand-X stickers on it? Kinda sound like a poser thing to do if you ask me. Like wearing a Nike jogging suit and wearing Timberlands on yer feet. It's just weird to me I guess - stickers for the sake of stickers, just so you look cool. I dunno, I could be wrong.

Regardless the offer stands....someone make shirts and I will put the decals into the mix....

30. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

ut-ooh, Grimlock's going to be pissed......