Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Sponsor - American Hobbyist Insurance.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudsoncustom, Jun 1, 2007.

1. A couple of months back, I saw that American Hobbyist became a sponsor of the HAMB. Since I was getting close to having the Hudson on the road, and because my current insurance company (who I also happen to work for) was charging me 45.00 a month to insure my beat up old Ford truck, I decided to get a quote.

I was a little apprehensive about sending in my application, because they required photos of my car, and the only photos I could send in were "in progress" photos....no front clip on the car, no seats and interior.

Anyhow, I got a 10k policy on the Hudson, a 3k policy on the 65 F100, both with full coverage and a $0.00 deductible....all for $205.00 a year!

That's a deal if I ever heard one. Having the car in progress was "no problem", and I can always up the stated value when I get interior and paint done on it.

I just wanted to let you all know that supporting the HAMB sponsors will save you money. I'm saving over $250.00 a year in insurance costs just on the truck alone, and my alliance membership has saved me over $500.00 this year. Thanks Ryan!

Keith

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    from Austin, TX
    Staff Member

Thanks for reporting back man... That is very cool of you.

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I will be sending in my info once I get currect pics of my cars, have all the paperwork filled out.....
    The quote I received from AHI was very reasonable....

4. I will be contacting them soon with my 40 chebby info.
    Thanks

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. I filled out the on-line quote then asked for paperwork, I got a reply they would send the forms out withen 3 days. All I got was a link to the forms on my computer which had to be printed out. Nothing like waiting on your ink to run out waiting for 10 pages of policy and forms to print.

6. Slide

Slide

They were cool to me, too. I just got my policy for the Fleetline in the mail while I was at the Roundup. Very reasonable quotes, especially compared to what I was paying on my sedan.

Has anybody ever needed to file a claim with AHI? I sure hope not, but it would be interesting to know how their service is when it really counts.

IBB41-- you should probably give them a call and talk to a real person. It was much more informative for me that way.

7. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

They must have changed their policy on unfinished cars. Or they are making HAMB exceptions. I wanted to get my 39 covered for at least the sum of it's parts and it was a no go. I still have the 31 covered by them.

8. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

oh, shoot!!! i didn't catch the part where they require a photo......dang it, i wanted to take this thing down the road tomorrow or friday!

shoot!

i need to go dig around on their website to confirm this.....maybe i could email them.....

edit: i see it now....i emailed them to see if they'd allow me to email them pics or to give them a youtube video.....worth a shot

9. I'm sure they'd let you email pics, but they still have to run the app and pics through underwriting (where they also check your driving record, etc.)... That'll take a couple of days.

10. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I tried AHI's online quote thing, and was surprised that their quote was $108 MORE than I'm paying with Hagerty. I did notice the requirement that you must be an Auto Club member in CA, which I am. Are their rates higher in CA than in other states, perhaps because of the Auto Club connection? And are there any preferential rates for HAMB Alliance members?

I'll call them tomorrow and ask these questions in person. They were closed already when I tried them today.