Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB SoCal Bar-B-Q anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by momentumfoto, Jan 19, 2004.

1. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

That's funny, I used to live about 8 blocks from the Little Night on Magnolia. In fact it was back when I worked at Primedia.

2. well i'm down to go i just ditched my sunday's drag ticket to my brother, [​IMG] anything else you guys need for it,or is everything covered? it's still on the 22nd right

3. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

how about a final list for whos bringing what and head count to whos coming? i need to determine how many pounds of chicken to bring. i will bring an extra grill some chicken and a couple of side dishes.

4. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

I'll be there with 10lbs of Carne Asada and some charcoal (Dr. J pointed out that the park has built in grilles).

5. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

What time does it all start?

I'll bring a couple flats of bottled water..

6. 133

i'll be there with a cooloer or two with sodas and a bunch bags of chips.

Brandon

7. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

I will bring some katsup and mustard n napkins... but whoooos bringin the ladies? hehe Did we get a permit yet?

bp

8. TheDooWopKid13

TheDooWopKid13

if i have a ride i am in, ill bring my best doo wop cd.
    tdwk

9. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

if he's bringing the doo-wop, I'm bringing the SLAYER!
    ...and a few chicks

10. 133

these 2 questions are for any of the organizers...

1) what times does it start?

2) what entrance do we enter at?

thanks a lot.

11. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I still got the tortillas for the carne, my dog, no women (sorry guys but i already got mine), and if there is some kinda Slayer v.s Doo Wop thing I'll bring some Fu Manchu.

and yeah, what time?

12. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

[ QUOTE ]
    Okay then - this is firming up like good Bondo.

OFFICIAL DATE:

FEB. 22nd

OFFICIAL LOCATION:

ELDORADO PARK in Lakewood, CA (405/605)

OFFICIAL TIME:

what do ya'll think? Noon? 2? 4? It IS a BBQ, so we should start early and get the fires going. I'm pretty sure they've got BBQ grilles there - it's been awhile since I've been there, but I distinctly remember seeing them last time I went. I hope it's not changed.

This is a cool deal. I think we'll have a great turnout and a great time....

Here's a warning - I make amazingly good "nitro" chili. I'm planning on brewing up a batch for this lil' shindig, and if you like chili, you'll love mine. If you hate chili, you'll like mine. If you don't like spicy food, don't even look at the pot. Don't open the lid, and don't breathe the air in the vicinity of the pot. If I get serious with it, the cars won't be the only things with flamethrower exhausts.

I'll probably make two batches...one for the pussies and one for the brave.

This is gonna be so cool...!!

If anyone else has "specialty" dishes they proudly create, let's see em'... But they better be damn good.

Scotch~!

[/ QUOTE ]

13. FONZI

FONZI

I am leaving for the Mountains tomorrow. I will be back fri night though. So I will be ready. I am a bit unclear on the entrance as well. DR J Enlighten us where to enter at.

FONZI

14. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    We want to be in the section between the 605 freeway on the East and the river on the West and SPRING STREET, WHERE THE ONLY ENTRANCE IS, on the South and just South of Carson St, (and the LBPD firing range) on the North. There's a large stand of trees (that I watched them plant in the early fifties) and a BBQ about 50 yards past the gate on the freeway side that's good if it's available. I recommend staying South of Wardlow though because people fly radio controlled gliders North of Wardlow and they can make dents...

[/ QUOTE ]

And bring your rubbers*, and rain coat it may be a wet one.

Oh, and it's not in fucking Lakewood, It's in fucking Long Beach!

I posted a copy of a map somewhere in this thread page 3 maybe, I think.

*traditional as in old people usta say it, right coast term for rain boots... [​IMG]

15. FONZI

FONZI

16. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

[ QUOTE ]
    Here's a map.
    thake the 605 south to Spring West then in the gate there just West of the freeway off ramp. That's the only way in in a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attached Files:

17. Scotch

Scotch

OK cool - Thanks to all...

We've got firm commits on chili, carne asada, chicken, and hot dogs. We'll have some grilles at our disposal. Someone committed to bringing girlies - which is the coolest. I think we've got a handle on almost everything, but I know there's plenty of local stores in the area if we've forgotten anything flagrant, like cups or plates or napkins.

The weather report actually looked pretty good last time I saw it...this rain we're geting now is supposed tomove out by tomorrow, and hopefully everything will be be nice by Sunday at NOON when this thing kicks off.

Much thanks to those who've PM'd me with questions, suggestions, and to volunteer to bring stuff. The success of this will be due to everyone kicking in, not just a few. This reflects the HAMB spirit that keeps us soming back here. We won't be forgetting this BBQ anytime soon.

See ya SUNDAY at NOON in LONG BEACH at ELDORADO PARK!

Scotch~!