Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Shift Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky23, Jul 26, 2012.

1. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Didnt see any heads up on this,was on line through out the weekend.Dont matter i had saxman do a differant project for me a while back.The guy does some great stuff and was a pleasure to work with.

2. sololobo

sololobo

Way to be a stand up guy Saxman. Something diff, cool! ~sololobo~

3. Buzznut

Buzznut

EDITED: Because it's not worth the breath to complain about it.... :cool:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Only 30 were made!?!?! Talk about a limited run....geez

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Can I be the first one on the line for the next run of shift knobs? Pretty please?

6. Ryan posted this last night,,HRP

Hey Alliance Members... Click here...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755264

7. daddio211

daddio211

Really bummed I didn't know about it until now. I would have bought one for sure and had been planning to.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

8. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I think a second run is in order....hey it is almost Christmas :eek:

9. Thanks Gents!

10. I sincerely hope 30 different guys got them and only ordered one each like Ryan ask.

I can't complain too much,,I was lucky enough to get one the last time they were offered.HRP

11. lucky23

lucky23
    from So Cal

Saxman, glad I got one. They are amazing looking! can wait to see it in person soon and get it!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Buzznut

Buzznut

I think the guys in this thread should have gotten the first heads up...just MHO.

13. ronotron

ronotron

I don't complain about much, especially on the HAMB, but I think it kind of stinks that there is a whole thread dedicated to getting a new run of shift knobs done, and no-one has the decency to jump on this thread and let people know????

30 also seems a terribly small amount to make, but I understand if that was Saxmans choice.......

14. I understand guys being disappointed but this is always the way Ryan has done limited run stuff he gives alliance guys a heads up first which is only fair seeing they are the ones that pony up to help support this place. He has always said there are perks to being an alliance member and this is a perfect example of it.

15. Swede64

Swede64

Well. i´ve been waiting and like most of you missed out too. 30, that´s extremely limited. Good luck to those that got one.

16. Lucky 23,the one who started this thread was able to get one I guess he was awake & alert when Ryan posted.

Seriously,,it's time this thread was closed.HRP

17. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

if any of the lucky 30 want to sell theirs ... send me a pm.. ill go $177...

18. n847

n847

WOW...Guess I should have bought that Alliance membership...

19. ......x2

20. Buzznut

Buzznut

I understand the Alliance thing, but the irony, and the crappy part about the whole deal is that THIS THREAD and those of US who expressed interest are the REASON the decision was made to make a new knob. Alliance Member or not, there wouldn't be a new knob to buy right now if it weren't for the comments and interest expressed right here. At the very least, a heads up saying, "Alliance Members get first crack" would have been cool...and probably would have sold a few memberships to boot.

I'm done, close her down...

21. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I'm an alliance member and didn't notice it, guess I wasn't on that particular 20 min when they all sold out.

22. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I didn't get a heads up either, sucks! Would love to have one!

23. The heads-up was the thread that HRP linked. It literally said "alliance members, click here..."

I saw it this morning at 8:30. By the time I had looked at the thread it already had 300 + views so it is not hard to believe they were already gone. The limited run is what makes them special.

24. the money has been taken out of my account last night so im hoping the shift knob is on its way down to new zealand

25. It is what it is fellas...
    I'm an alliance member and I wasnt quick enough to get one.

Quit yer whinin.

26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Yup..

27. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

This is the sort of thing that should be used to raise money for the Hamb or whatever. I would be very interested to see where a couple of these held back for auction would end up.
    Very cranky I missed. Wah Wah Wah!!

28. striper

striper

I just happened to see the thread. Very lucky! I expected a "sold out" message when I clicked "add to cart". But it went through. Sorry for those who missed out. I'm saving mine for a special project. Thanks Saxman and Ryan.

29. 5window

5window

I would have liked one, but given the fact that the HAMB is worldwide-different time zones, many of us can't log in at work and the sheer number of HAMBers that were interested--well, it just wasn't going to happen.

So, maybe in the future it could be announced that only Alliance members would be eligible? Or, maybe auction them off to the highest bidder? Or, maybe have everyone who wants one could be entered in a lottery with an equal chance to win?

It's not my game, but the way it came down seems less than fair.

30. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri