Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB RELAY WANTED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Anyone in the San Francisco California that is coming to jalopyrama and has room to bring a 6 cylinder ford engine. I would be willing to pitch in some gas money for you trip and I would pick the engine up at the jalopyrama event in person

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

If you have to ship it, use Fastenals store to store service, Its cheap

turboroadster likes this.
  3. I have 2 6cy ford engines.
    You want them ?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. ..........................and they're closer than San Francisco.:D:eek:

5. Kinky6

Kinky6

Are they 200/250" or 300"?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. ahshoe

ahshoe

FYI.The Fastenal stores amonth or so ago would not ship a bumper from a HAMB er to me because of insurance issues.

7. They are heavy and in my way does that help ?

250s I think

8. Kinky6

Kinky6

Who knows whats up with that. Last week, they gave me a quote on shipping a Model A frame on a 10' long pallet, no issues over insurance. K6

9. Gilroy Calif. to jalopyrama HAMB relay wanted... will pitch in on gas . Anybody coming this way??

10. Thanks lothiandon1940 for the bump.. Anybody coming east anywhere. I could meet you VA. , MD. , N.C.

11. That's one hell of a haul from out here to begin with......... Anything closer to you? Have you gotten any #'s to ship yet?

12. Yes and I think that's what we are going to do .. YRC freight has given a quote for $530.00... I'm hoping to find someone to pick it up and take it to there terminal in Salina. the seller has a fork lift there to load it . Would you be interested in taking it there for a fee for me? . heck you may even know the seller as he also lives in Gilroy. if your interested message me with your phone number and we can talk. Thanks. John

13. Kinky6

Kinky6

262"? Yeah, rarer than a Chevy 261, another up-sized light truck engine. I was wondering what made this special. Me, I can understand the whole oddball six thing, too. Have you tried a quote from Fastenal? Go online for 3PL (3rd Party Logistics). You fill out the info (do a location search for shipping & receiving location, what size pallet, how much it weighs, they shoot you back a quote in 24-48 hours. K6

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

D-Russ likes this.
  14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

John, I can't stand it any longer, what kind of project have you cooked up now? You've definitely got my interest up!
    BTW, looks as if my annual trip to Lanexa will be at Christmas time this year rather than Thanksgiving. You going to be in town?

15. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

Cant you have YRC pick it up? If the guy has a fork lift to load it they wont need a truck with a lift gate and should be the same price or very close to the same price as dropping it of at their terminal. If the engine is San Fransisco there is a YRC terminal in South San Fransisco, it might be cheaper from there.

16. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hey John,

This guy on Ford Barn is hauling mid Sept. from Sacramento to Mass. He may have space for your engine even if he takes on a car along the way.
    Your folks could jump from the NJ show over to Mass or perhaps find a HAMBer along his route that could off load the engine at their shop in PA. (for you to pick up) before he gets all the way to Mass.

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177451

17. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

I don't think Fastenal is a good idea. I tried shipping a small Italian motorcycle in parts (very small boxes) and they denied it for insurance reasons. "Nothing that has ever had gas or oil in it will be shipped" was the quote given.

18. I'm not cooking it up. my friends from Oklahoma City asked me to acquire and build a max power ford 262 for there PP/XO class pickup for Bonneville. Well I love a challenge and hear we are.. should be hear for Christmas and look forward to see you my friend. John

lothiandon1940 and D-Russ like this.
  19. Extra Extra read all about it. Engine ships to east coast some time shortly.. Thanks to our HAMB brother INVISIBLEKID from Gilroy California. we are expecting to have it hear soon.. Thank you so very much Mike You rock man.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    D-Russ likes this.
  20. John- Anything to help out!

D-Russ and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. Good to see a plan come to fruition.:D..........You are the man, INVISIBLEKID!