Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb Relay Thread??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Nov 29, 2007.

?
  1. yes

78 vote(s)
    96.3%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Man....we need this to happen! I can help ship anything overseas...just PM me if anyone has any trouble or needs help.

But I have a tough time moving stuff in the states sometimes. I checked with Stevie G.... I just missed him.

I have a 32 frame needing to get to FL from NJ.

Cash people...whos outta work and needs a vacation? Does'nt somone need to kick Nads in his ...Nads??? I'll help pay for it! Anybody going South for X-mas?

2. What ever happened to this?

3. not too sure if it got enough attention. would be great if it could happen. i think all would benefit! ETHER

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I like it. I posed this idea a while back but my ideas run in bunches and this one got trampled by its bigger siblings.

I think it would be worth trying.

5. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Since my other HAMB Relay request thread is burried I will add mine here.

I bought some '55 chevy doors and quarters back in November and I have been trying to get a trucker to bring them down to Colorado with no luck.

The parts are in Green Bay and need to come down to Colorado or Kansas. I could meet you somewhere near I-70 and I-35??

I am willing to offer gas money$$ or beer money$$ for anyone heading South to the Round Up in April.

I am flexible. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Tex

Attached Files:

6. Crankhole

Crankhole

I'm all for it. Who's available to relay a dash knob from SoCal to Kentucky? :)

7. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

It sounds like a good idea to me.
    I have been involved in two Relays that worked and one that did not.

Jim H

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It wouldn't work fellas...

9. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Well That's That! And I was going to see if I could catch a ride or offer a ride to Massoula, Montana or Salmon, Idaho from Ohio to pick up an old Dodge pick-up.:rolleyes:

10. Dude, what Ryan said doesn't mean relays are verboten ;)
    I've thought about the pros and cons...and there ARE cons, besides the time factor and cost of bandwidth.....
    I see too many posts about "so-and-so ripped me off" and "I sent my money to such-and-such company and their stuff sucks"
    Imagine........
    " Mr A dropped my parts off with cousin G to be relayed and they never got here" or "it ain't what I was supposed to get" or "that sumbitch switched/bent/broke my parts" :eek:

I sorta guess the boss don't wanna get into mediation over parts transportation and I can respect that.:cool:

I'll still offer help when I can(if anybody trusts me:eek:)

11. wyoming

wyoming
    from My house

what if you just had a hamb relay thread in the wanted section and mke it a sticky

12. heading to SC in the end of feb. then to atlanta, then back to milwaukee. empty truck bed forsure, could hook up trailer if need be......

13. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

I'd love to see something in the classifieds so they don't get buried. Just make sure there's an "expiration date" or "self-poofing " option

14. Mate, you helped me out & I'm on the otherside of the world! :D:cool: I'd say you're trust worthy.

15. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Ahhhhhhh hahaha yes he did. Third hand as well. I vouch Earl's a GREAT man..........however, NO Tio, I will not be driving Hemi parts to Australia.:p

FWIW, I love Marcy and BenD for what they do and getting to see them is a SUPER bonus.

16. Looks good on paper. Recently was able to get my '64 Olds Ragtop brought down from Cleveland to Atlanta because "Tbirdbrian" had a post on the regular message board section. Not sure if i would have been smart enough to see "empty trailer" anywhere else???
    Thanks again to Brian for the long haul and Stevie G for grabbing it and storing it till I got up there. You guys rule!
    I make regular runs down towards West Palm, and would be glad to help out some So-Flo Hamb'rs. With gas prices going through the roof, this is a smart way to save some precious cabbage. $$:cool:
    J.T.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think it's great that folks do the relays, but I don't see any reason to expand on what we already do... I certainly want no business policing them and I think formalizing them would put me in the place to do so.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well I need to get some surfboards (one in each of the following cities) to Earl Schiebs place in Hartsville TN (outside Nashville) from
    Hatboro, PA
    Jacksonville, FL
    Dayton, OH

within the next week or so.