Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB related stuff to do in Chicago..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fopelaez, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Hello fellow Hambers, I'll be traveling to Chicago for work on the week of July 15th, is there anything worth visiting in the area during this week (I'll stay over the weekend). Preferably hor rod related stuff.
    Thanks for your help and comments.

Fernando

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Saturday's, 7:00a.m. breakfast at Chuck's Southern Comfort on 79th street in Burbank. Welcome to Crook County. Stu

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Visiting the shop of a drag racing legend https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Karamesines/263275717016548 would be cool! Also checking out J.C. Whitney might be fun and hopefully you can meet up with some HAMBers and enjoy a deep dish pizza,italian beef sandwich or a Chicago dog and wash it down with Old Style beer.

4. I believe Voodoo Larry has a shop just 20 min. northwest of Ohare Airport. he builds some killer rides. 628 Lunt Ave Schaumburg , IL

5. stimpy

stimpy

Jc whitney ( Warschawskys ) is no longer in the city they moved years ago to lasalle IL( 90 miles away) to a small facility , nothing like the original one at 19th st. ( which is now a yuppie housing development ) or the warehouse on Cermak which is now leased by someone else

and remember NO ketchup on hotdogs in Chicago . its a cardinal sin ...

6. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Maybe check out Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle in Addison. They have in the past held weekly open house gigs. Stu