Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Why does the '49 have to be on the jack? that's messed up Ether!! haha!
    Cool pic...I might have to copy your idea.

2. Im in Bob!! Rick from Jersey. Mines at Troys fro Hollywood Hot Rods getting ready to be chopped. See you at the LA Roadster show Bob!!

Attached Files:

3. This is the one you bought at LARS,right? I'm gonna have to stop by and see Troy,and check it out. I didn't get to look at it at LARS.

4. You are #443...

5. painkiller

painkiller

I'm in.

Attached Files:

6. DjNeil

DjNeil

Hi Guys
    This is my Merc. It's nicer than some and not as nice as others, but it's mine and i've had it 26 years. I chopped it in 87. I love this car and reckon i'll be buried in it. If I have to sell it for the kids educations they had better pass their grades with honours
    Best
    DjNeil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Be sure and let the kids know they their full time job is to study and get good grades in school so that they can get great scholarships and financial aid. Let them know early that life is not a free ride.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  8. What year is it? How about some info....

9. DjNeil, great car, love the hardtop with all the windows!

10. Hey guys,

I started another thread, but hoped maybe someone here could give me a little info on this. Anybody know the story, year(s), etc behind it?

Attached Files:

11. That's cool! never seen one before. Is it currency? Or is it a token?

12. This Merc was for sale about a year ago at an unbelievably cheap price. Not sure where I saw it...maybe on the h.a.m.b. Made me reconsider my Merc project.

13. Not the same car. According to the owner,it just hit the road....It looks just like another Merc slddnmatt and I saw a couple years ago.

14. bigbstang1969

bigbstang1969

Hello Bob and all other Merc owners, How do I join? I have a chopped 50 Coupe and a chopped 51 Coupe

15. Just a token. Same on the other side. Older friend of mine says she thinks she remembers dealerships giving them out to people who test drove / bought cars, but can't remember what decade.

16. Are you selling it??? hint,hint...

17. Post up some pic's of your cars along with the info on them,and i'll add you to the list.....

18. You are # Fo Foty Fo.....Now post up some pic's,PAL!!!

19. Haha, two minutes after I posted my other thread I was getting PMs. If I find another one what is it worth to you Bob?

20. Skirv

Skirv

21. painkiller

painkiller

9inch
    lowered
    Plans are cooper/bronze exterior, shortened side trim, chrome reverse wheels, white tuck-n-roll, not chopped.
    I need to get back on it. 15 years went by quick.

22. Arieldouglas

Arieldouglas

How 'bout this Bob?
    Given to a friend of my Dad's when he bought a new 1958 Parklane Cruiser.
    And, Nope. Not for sale.
    [​IMG]

23. What a tease....

24. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I got.one of those keys to for stefs merc, I think I paid around 40 bucks for it on ebay awhile back. It is cool though...and bob, 51's had all the bugs worked out of them!!

25. bigbstang1969

bigbstang1969

Here are a few pics of my 50 Merc, for now it has a Camaro clip with a 350/350 combo. Hopefully soon a FI 302 with OD and a nine inch. In the process of replacing the dash with a 49. Just bought a 53 Desoto grill. The 51 needs a ton of work. Bought it as a project. Chopped but the roof is kinda a mess. Sitting on a 72 Lemans frame. No engine or trans. I bought a 49 baby lincoln coupe for the roof to correct this 1.
    The 4door 49 Merc was my dads. My dad is in the middle, my brother on the left, me on the right. My dad had bought it in the early 70s. he drove it from time to time and when i was about 8 or 9 years old I remember going to a few cruise nights and car shows with him in it. This is were my love of the 49-51 Mercs started. He put it away in 1985. I would get into the garage and sit behind the wheel and play, I would also polish the car. Neither, did my dad know about. I pulled it out of his garage in the fall of 2009 to get it going again after he was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. He ended up giving the car to my brother. That was when It was time for me to buy my own. Hope u all enjoy my pics and a little bit of my story

Attached Files:

26. mikebello

mikebello
    from san diego

how do you get into the merc club?

27. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

you say...BOB!! I have a merc! and then you post pics of it:)

28. Vlopez22

Vlopez22

29. It all starts with a weekend in Frisco....