Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Has anybody seen a 49-51 merk with a 55-56 merk dash installed in it? If so show some pictures.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. BTW guys....my buddy,Bill Papke,is looking to sell all his Merc and Shoebox stuff. He tends to be a little high,but I know he wants to move on. He asked me to spread the word.
    714-843-6969
    [email protected]
    49-51 Mercury and Shoebox parts. He has all kinds of stuff...

3. Here's some Merc pic's from the Del Mar show....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  4. What is a MerK?:eek:

5. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Bob,
    Digging your new avatar!

6. Thanks. It's one of those old "looking" tin signs.

7. 50merckid

50merckid

Here is my 50. Go check my album im painting it flat black. I will be at Viva next week with it.

8. Just added you to the list. You're #236. I had a duplicate,that's why you are so far up the list. Doesn't really matter anyways,haha!
    Since you're new here...There's LOTS of great pic's and info on this thread. Unfortunately it's like 1000 pages,hahaha!!!

9. *A.J.*

*A.J.*

She's mine as of last week! I've got a long road ahead of me and looking forward to every minute of it! The wife is excited too, now that I'm finally working on something the whole family can enjoy.

Attached Files:

10. OHEKK

OHEKK

My 49 - 50 - 51- 52 - 95 Merc

49 Dash
    50 front clip
    51 body & frame
    52 Tail lights
    95 4.6L engine with T45 5spd

3 1/2" Chop
    Frenched headlights
    Shaved hood, handles & trunk
    74 Nova subframe
    Ford 9" Posi

Attached Files:

11. OHEKK

OHEKK

You'll notice that the stainless trim is missing around my rear quarter windows.

Who has figured out a way to bend the stock stainless trim to fit that tight radius?

12. Cool! That looks like slddnmatt's '51. I'll add you to the list...

13. slddnmatt did a tech article on shaping 1/2" x 1/4" brass,then having it chromed. It's gonna be hard to make the stock stainless fit such a small window.

14. Kinda Streetroddy,for my taste...Did you get it that way,or are you planning on making it more traditional? Seems mixed up. Trim on the door,but not on the quarter,rear bumper,but no front bumper,etc...Not a fan of Billet wheels.
    You know this is a Traditional website,right?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  15. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

The last car doesn't really fit the mojo of the site, but daammmn that is some nice nice nice work! Beautiful bodywork.

16. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

A.J. that merc looks really familiar...oh wait i was thinking of mine:)

Attached Files:

17. Nice Mercury OHEKK. You can also have someone cut down the factory trim for you, weld it back together, and then polish it.

18. OHEKK

OHEKK

Yeah... It's not done ( are they ever done?) I'm missing the quarter trim, the quarter window trim, rear window trim, inside window garnish trim, front bumper and a whole bunch of other stuff on the "To Do" list.

I'm think'n about changing it to black primer, put the flatty back in and then put a Desoto grille and steelies with Cadillac sombreros and wide whites.

Still LOTS to do to make it look just right!

19. OHEKK, not that you asked me, but I would not put the car in primer. But I would see if you can add a front bumper and new wheels, and then see how it looks. What color is it, blue-green or blue?

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OHEKK, Very kool Merc and welcome aboard. My major change list; I would find a front
    bumper and add whide whites with caps. I would leave it shinny when you make the other
    changes you are going to be amazed with the difference. I assume with your sub frame
    that your running a small block. If you plan on driving it a lot I would just run it until it
    dies. I love flatheads but If the small block is running fine, just keep it simple, save the
    money and enjoy the cruize. Good luck.

Your a blessed man, being able to cruise with the family is a lot of fun. Keep us posted
    with your progress.

Happy Trails, Mick

21. I think I have a set of '50 front bumper metal brackets if you are in need.

22. *A.J.*

*A.J.*

Thanks for welcoming me aboard guys! I've been a lover of mercurys for a long time but didn't think I'd get to be the owner of one for a long time. I really do have to thank my wife and daughter for making this happen. I'm sure that most of you, like myself, have several irons in the fire. In an effort to please the misses I've been trimming the fat so to speak and getting rid of some of the things I probably wouldn't be getting around to for a while to focus on one or two projects of mine to the end. So after selling one of my motorcycles and pickup I had I set out to complete my 31 coupe. Just so happened that on my birthday I happened to skim through the craigslist adds just to see what was out there and there she was... As fate would have it, I found my Merc! So once again the 31 is on hold.

As of now the Merc is getting some new rockers and passenger toe board replaced. The rest of the car is clean. Only surface rust... Crazy since it is a Texas car.

23. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can finally join the Merc club... Picked up a '51 two door on Saturday. No motor or trans in it, but I'm currently rebuilding a Flathead. It spent most of its life in Arizona. Original rockers are still in good shape.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  24. tjmercury

tjmercury

Sounds great!!! I have two. A '65 Park Lane convertible and a '65 Comet 404 2 door

25. Post some pic's!!!! If you know how to do it yet,haha!