Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Rear of merc...55 pontiac bumpers molded in. 56 buick taillights frenched in. Rounded trunk corners. Custom designed and built rear window and on the front view, a custom one piece windshield. Note, the sides of my cars windows remain straight as from the factory. The top was made wider when it was chopped to keep my doors and windows straight.

[​IMG]

2. Nice looking car Skeet!!!! Nice touches. Are you gonna run skirts? I prefer skirts...That color just pops!!!

3. What brand of gauges are you running?

4. gaskell

gaskell
    from CO

Im in,
    63 Comet!

5. pinklady

pinklady
    from California

Whats up Bob? Just started to go on here. Count Pinklady in. Hopefully i am not the only woman who owns a Merc and is not afraid push hers to a 100 mph plus! I have a heavy right foot.. LOL!

Attached Files:

6. Glad you finally joined! I've put many pic's of your car on here....I'll add you to the list.

7. JeremyJames

JeremyJames
    from concord NC
    1. HAMB Merc Club

well ive picked up another merc! after seeing jeffreyjames driving the 52 around i just couldnt stand it! hot rods are awesome, but im a custom guy and i needed something a little more family friendly. I picked this 49 up off of flathead vickey here on the hamb. this is the most solid car i have ever picked up. its damn near 100% rust free. right now, all i plan to do is get it running and lower the back down another few inches and raise the front off the bump stops, and nose and deck it ....im not sure if i want to chop it, since i have a chopped 51, but that will be down the road if i do decide to chop it.

[​IMG]

8. Philbilly

Philbilly

It looks like Stewart Warner wings, but I could be wrong.

9. Jeff J

Jeff J

Sorry, for the delay on answer Bad Bob but the C2C10 run took a little time ! Still want the springs ! Gona pm for your address so I can send some bucks ! My new mercury is a 49 2 dr coupe.

10. pinklady

pinklady
    from California

Thanks Bob for the welcome...

11. Nice pink Merc.
    My wife loved to drive our one around.
    That was 15 years ago.
    She wants another one... :)

[​IMG]

12. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Gauges are Stewart Warner Wing.

13. skeet I'd love to see a thread just on your car, do you have one? I also had a C5, I had a 2002 Z06 a while back.

14. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Sorry, no I do not have a thread on my car. Really do not know how to do one!
    Z06's are hot. I used to have a 1953 Corvette in my youger days.
    Thanks
    Little Skeets

15. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Bob,
    No plans for skirts, I like to see the dresses up!!
    thanks
    Little Skeet

16. chip chipman

chip chipman

Scratch another player from the American auto landscape: Ford is killing the 71-year-old Mercury brand. Once a valued player on the Blue Oval team, Mercury fell victim in recent years to corporate neglect and foreign competition. Today’s announcement wasn’t exactly surprising, though, as it followed days of rumors and years of questions over Mercury’s dwindling value to Ford, which has steadily rid itself of money-losing brands including Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo

17. sodaturk

sodaturk
    from san diego

Hey Bob,
    Here's my '55 Monterey. I just blew a head gasket on the way home from Santa Maria. See you at Ink-N-Iron with my truck.

[​IMG]

18. LOVE IT!!!!!! See you there....

19. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Just got back from The Thunder Road Show in Lima, Ohio and got my dash pin striped by Killer Designs by Darin, a Hamb member named Killer-D, he did a great job, just turned him loose and walked away for a while and WOW did it come out great, take a look and let me know what you think. And by the way I have to show you my new hub caps, you know I gotta thing for hub caps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I took this one with the new '55 Olds caps yesterday evening...
    [​IMG]

21. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Looks great.. Love olds caps... Also your cars killer

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks LowMerc50! They're not my favorite Wheel Cover ever (stand alone) but I do feel that they are the perfect cap for this car and are my favorite in that respect. Simple and I really liked the ribs of the original caps so these '55 Olds caps incorporate that but with a whole new look!

I appreciate the it man!

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Okay Bob, I'll play. Here's my 51 back burner project. I came across a real decent and cheap 4 dr. body (no chassis) last Fall that nobody wanted and hauled it home. I just recently came across a local Coupe roof, so I only need coupe doors towards a 2 dr. conversion-inspired by Ether, Eyeball's 2 dr. conversions. Plans are for a hammered traditional Custom.

Attached Files:

24. hardwy

hardwy
    from Ohio

Room for a Newby??

25. Congrats and let me know if you need any help.....CRAP I never inspired anyone before!!!

I finally got mine back together. Blasted, rough in bodywork, and prime is done on the hood and front clip. Paint and body done on the firewall and inner fenders. I dont want to bore ya with pics......Hopefully final bodywork and paint this fall.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  26. Nice looking Merc.
    Got any more pics and some info?

27. How about some info on the car? Pic's???

28. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Your build has been a total inspiration to me! I've been following along on your build and love it. Finding a reasonably priced 2 dr., especially in Socal was out of the question, so I nabbed the 4 dr. after I saw your build. I'll defiantely pick your mind once or twice once I get rolling on mine.

29. 59mercsled

59mercsled

The more i see these mercs the more i want to just keep mine and build it instead of selling it.