Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. KatsAss

KatsAss

Bob:

It's actually KatsAss... :)

-KatsAss

2. That wouldn't have been Kurt McCormick in that article, by chance, would it? He has hunted and saved lots of old custom tin over the years. I remember seeing a picture of him and his wife in the early 80's in some mag at the KKOA Spectacular, I think, with a sign around his neck looking for Barris crests and the Hirohata Merc.

3. HA HA! Teach your dad how to spell,LOL....

4. Yep! In 1978,I didn't know who he was. I kept that magazine and would read the ad over and over! Can't even imagine finding a chopped Merc for $350! That amazes me!!!

5. Isn't that crazy? Dad passed on a real nice, totally stock '51 survivor in '86 for $3500! Same day we missed a '57 Chevy convertible going the other way with a $3500 sign on the window. I guess 20 years from now we will be saying....."man, can you believe chopped mercs were ONLY 30K back in 2008! Why didn't I buy a dozen of them?" LOL

6. WAY back then,I saw a '49 Caddy fastback,BBC,turbo 400,9",bags,MII susp,new chrome,$7500! The guy was losing his storage and moving in with his grandparents. I told my wife,and she said "not right now". I saw it at Del Mar,painted purple,leather interior,billet wheels,For Sale....$60k! The guy fucked it all up! I coulda had a BADASS Caddy! Thanks,honey!!!
    I tried MANY times to get my dad to buy cool,old cars. He was all caught up on the original prices,"those were $45 when I was you age!". He didn't think cars went up in value...

7. maccustom

maccustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll join. I just got my 63 Meteor a couple months ago. Love at first sight. Got my priorities in line, decided to flame and 2 tone the roof before I fix the floor. Then get it lowered and it'll be ready to cruise. Got lucky and found what is basically an unmolested one owner car with mint interior. Guy I got it from said it was "house-broke".

Attached Files:

8. cool!!!

9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I was wondering the same thing. Bet it is.

10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

hey Bad Bob! That merc has been cruisin around upstate New York for years anter Kurt sold it.Its red with 56 Clipper taillights and an upside down back window..just the way the how to article was done in all the ol mags!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  11. Thanks! I've been wondering where that Merc went,since High School....

12. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

Bob, guess I have a mental block about spelling KatsAss. We had a license plate that had KATZAZZ on it but the cops took a hard look at it when my son driving it through town. When I went to renew the plate I was told that it was objectionable and of poor taste and would NOT be available again. :eek:

We found the Merc in an internet ad saying. "51 Mercury, customized in the 50's, last licensed in 63." We've done alot of work on it, but lots and lots more to go.

I'm still hoping to make it to Sacramento. Please post if/when you finalize where most of the HAMB Merc Club will be staying.
    Thanks, and to my fine son, sorry for incorrect spelling of Ka@#$$%# :D.

[​IMG]

13. Looks pretty fuckin cool,to me!
    I'm planning on staying at the Fairfield or the Courtyard. They are right next to each other.
    Courtyard,916-929-7900
    Fairfield,916-920-5300

14. scumfuxcarclub

scumfuxcarclub
    from Anaheim,Ca

I know i'm late but hey, she's been stuck in the garage for a while. I took her to be in Deuce of Spades but they really tore her up. Trans is busted and carb gushes out fuel. She's at the shop right now getting better. hopefully she'll be running soon so i can start going to the shows. It's been a while.

15. Get that baby fixed!!!!

16. New member, neckter's chopped '50 4dr!!!!!!

[​IMG]

17. scumfuxcarclub

scumfuxcarclub
    from Anaheim,Ca

That is a nice chopped 4 door. I saw it at Viva Las Vegas i think 2 years ago. looking at that makes me want to chop the top on mine. still trying to decide on what to do with mine.

18. 5150merc

5150merc
    from oregon

that is one nice looking merc neckter.do you have a build thread or pics?how much was chopped front/rear?

19. great car blue, whats the history? any more pics?

20. 51Hg

51Hg

I'm in whith my 51 merc.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGqmHOeygyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGqmHOeygyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

21. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Yeah...put some salt in Dave's wounds ! Lol...

22. Kustomman#1

Kustomman#1

You can add one more 40 to the list Bob.

23. Great...post some pic's!

24. Hey we have a 52 monte located in Mo. Cant afford it my self pics at vintageozarks.com

25. poorboy

poorboy

26. IceBox

IceBox
    from Orange CA

I took these pictures as I pulled into Paso in 07 ? Are these 49's in the HAMB Merc club ?

Attached Files:

27. kraven

kraven

Here's a '59 for you all.

Belongs to my F.I.L. Has a 383 MEL, 4v Holley, and miles of glass.
    [​IMG]

28. Yes,both of them...

29. bob, correct me if i'm wrong , but, aren't these the "dirtys'"? haven't seen them in a long time.

30. I thought it was FEDER and his son....NO?