Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMB MEMBER SIGN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Yeah that print shop is a little over $400, they told me it works out to 120 signs the way the cut comes out. Waiting on a price from another sign shop.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Decals would be nice for the later models, tag toppers just don't fit.

Desoto291Hemi and Boneyard51 like this.
  3. Sittin in his chair at the HAMB drags! BobKandme.jpg

4. Rckt98

Rckt98

Happy to say I have my HAMB signature on Bobs banner.

5. I'll take a banner, want my address?

Boneyard51 likes this.
  6. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Lloyd, not trying to tell you how to run this gig, but I will tell you how I solved the shipping/ mailing price/cost problem when I was shipping winches all over the USA.
    I figured how much it cost to send a item to the longest distance in the lower 48 from my house and how much is cost to ship it fifty miles. Then priced it to everybody at a cost in the middle.... maybe a little past middle. That way everyone pays the same and you don’t have to figure shipping/ mailing 120 times! Saves a lot of work! Sometimes you make a little on shipping, sometimes you lose a little, but it all works out in the end. Just the way I did it in the previous century!

Bones

7. 5window

5window

True,except that these are limited availability items and a lot of guys are like "collect them all". Not enough to go around.

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  8. 5window

5window

I want an HRP sign!

Gangrene and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. I'm in.... BigO

Boneyard51 likes this.
  10. Ah man I'm the kind of guy that takes all the advice and help i can get lol. I've had quite a few PM's wanting one of these. I've even had offers to foot half of the bill. It's all good, ain't about money, i work my ass off. But we'll see what it works out to be.

11. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Yeah , I’m willing to pony what ever it cost, $1 , $2 , $10... no problem. But I will assure you will tire of quoting shipping/ mailing cost on 120 signs! Hang I there I know you will get this done!

Bones

chryslerfan55 and i.rant like this.
  12. Yeah i see what you're saying, I'll do exactly what you're saying. I can't imagine it costing very much to send them out but hell I've been wrong way more than I've been right!!! :D

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All he needs to do is figure postage to the furthest spot in the country and use that. Or a legal size flat rate envelope is 7.65 for a 9-1/2 X 15 envelope and he doesn't have to buy envelopes and life got a lot simpler.

14. If you think you're gonna make 120 HAMB signs, and Ryan isn't gonna care, you're crazy! He's gonna loose his shit! I made one, and it's about 15yrs old. I suggest making ONE sign for yourself. Why poke the bear?

The37Kid, X38, -Brent- and 2 others like this.
  15. Do i need to post his PM giving me permission? Then he posted on this thread that if i don't profit from it and it doesn't look like shit it's cool with him? Damn, can't make you people happy. Sorry folks, not worth it to me. I don't play old man drama.

16. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dude! Ryan gave YOU his blessing in a PM. Then HE made it known, to the ENTIRE HAMB COMMUNITY, that you had his blessing by posting on THIS VERY THREAD! I don't understand why people can't get this Shit through their head's. If it was me, I'd do it just for principle! Fuck 'em if they don't like it! Who's going to be the first one's that get upset that they don't have one once they see one? Want to take any bet's? ;)

17. Lol you're such a dick. Yeah I'm gonna get them. Think 2 or 3 old pricks can derail me? They're just pissed that they can't get an erection anymore, or they have to wear undergarments lol, hey that should be a reply in "why aren't hot rods selling"! Cause they stink like depends! It's all good, i had enough respect for Ryan that i asked for permission. Cause that's the kind of guy i am. You kick ass Jedd :D

18. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What's right is right. You went about everything in the proper fashion and got what you asked for. 'Nuff Said! :cool:

Boneyard51 likes this.
  19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

once you have the entire cost for production of signs, and cost of envelopes to ship in and use a couple of sample destination cities to calculate postage I suggest that you start a new thread - keep track of everyone that you have heard from - also, include suggestions on how to attach signs to cars, pop up, etc

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. Thanks joker, most have sent me a pm, but I'll do what you said. ;)

21. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I'm sporting a "Mr Softy" most of the time, and I think my Depends are on backwards, but I still think Lloyd is doing a very nice thing for his fellow HAMBers. And to all you bitch-buckets out there...what have YOU done for this community lately?

22. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow.

@Bad Bob is a pretty good dude. I've met him twice, out in Cali and at Bonneville. The guy is a magnet... just a super personable dude. Once you get your signs and they draw the masses to you, you'll know that stuff about people. OR you could hang out a while, read old threads and see what this place has been like - historically.

Part of "Respecting Ryan" is being a decent HAMBer... like spending 30 seconds letting him know Ryan gave you the a-okay. Not hard.

23. Lmao!!! Hammer down Jack! The world is our toilet. And them pills are available in the quarter machine as you walk out of the grocery store now :D thanks man, appreciate the kindness

24. Oh you back? Apparently I'm crazy and know nothing. Asked the boss again if he's gonna lose his shit over my 120 sign venture and everything is still cool. I don't need to impress you. So respect is a one way street? I didn't ask your opinion. This thread is about my idea for having some signs made. Nothing else. Not banners, not history, signs. Plain and simple.

25. And stop making me out to be a fucking dick!! How the fuck do you know im not a good "dude"? Bro? Cause I'm not 70? Geez.

chryslerfan55 and scotty t like this.
  26. -Brent-

-Brent-

Never said any of that. Period.

Had this thread not had stuff deleted, my past comments would be clear. And truthfully, I was speaking to those people too.... offering to change art, pay more, and such. And I'm not looking to be impressed... not sure where you get that?

You know... I actually have been respectful because that's who I try to be. I don't need my kids looking me up after I'm gone and see I was someone different.

I never said you were. I just didn't agree with you and what, does that mean I think you're bad? No. C'mon. You do that all on your own.

Edit: It wasn't even that I didn't agree with you, it was just half of what you knew wasn't plain for everyone to see... so I asked. You clarified and I dropped it.

Anyway, Lloyd, I hate this Internet BS.

Best.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    chryslerfan55 and fastcar1953 like this.
  27. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On a serious note:eek:, I've been selling coins & toys on Epay for over 20 years and being the slacker that I am, I'm a "master" at finding the easiest way to ship crap.

MY SUGGESTIONS
    Figure out the costs of signs, envelopes and postage (the average idea is best so it's a fixed price). Round up the price to the nearest dollar so it can be sent as CASH. This will save you having to run to the bank all the time to cash a bunch of small checks.

Post the "fixed" price and your mailing address (or a P.O. Box) and make it First come, first serve.

INSIST/DEMAND they include a 3"x5' label/ piece of paper with their address on it that you can glue/tape to the envelope This will save you
    hours of writing addresses and deciphering handwriting.

Recap: Post cost and where to mail it. They send Cash & pre-addressed label. You keep the envelope they sent, as a receipt in case there's a problem.

Hope this helps

28. RMONTY

RMONTY

If money isn't an object, have people send you cool and unusual stuff in exchange for the signs. No telling what you might end up with. Then no one can accuse you of profiting. It would just be a big ol' H.A.M.B swap meet in the truest sense of the term! ;) Just a thought!

Boneyard51 likes this.
  29. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I'd definitely be in for one of the signs if you get them done! Think it's a cool idea. Appears to me that you are doing it the right way.

427 sleeper and Boneyard51 like this.
  30. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, those pills didn't improve my sex life any, but they sure gave me a great place to hang my washcloth in the shower:D:D:D:D

WB69, chryslerfan55, scotty t and 2 others like this.