Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hamb Member Emeritus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 16, 2016.

1. I met Larry in 03 on the Salt. I showed up sick as a dog, Buick59 took me to some SLC Chinese buffet and I got food poisoning on the way out. I was finally able to drink one of Bobs beers about 8pm.

2. Sadly we lost another member today, Ron Hickman

[​IMG]

hotrod3w
    Member Emeritus, from Tuscumbia, Alabama
    hotrod3w was last seen: Jul 21, 2016

Lil32, Jeff Norwell and jackandeuces like this.
  3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is such an awesome picture...You can sense Ron's joy here.
    [​IMG]

4. atch

atch

weeds (Steve Osborn)
    Member, from newfranklin mo usa
    weeds was last seen:
    May 13, 2009

weekender (Tommy McCray; mentioned in post #32)
    Member Emeritus, from Middle of Missouri
    weekender was last seen:
    Oct 27, 2005
    (note: Tommy's son is on here; goes by stewed. He still has Tommy's Henry J drag car which was a national record holder a couple of years in the mid 60's)

5. Just reading through all the names of those departed ... and the comments regarding each individual.
    Thanks to HRP for putting this idea together !

6. This thread is a great idea Danny, especially today mourning the loss of Ron. It really hits home to see who we have lost over the years and will keep them in our thoughts.

7. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned InjectedA from Missouri yet. I believe his last name was Fox. I did some parts swapping with him years ago and he seemed like a decent guy.

8. InjectedA, great guy. He had owned dozens of 54 Chevies, I learned a lit from him putting mine together!
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. injectedA
    Member, 54, from O'Fallon MOyan
    injectedA was last seen:Jan 2, 2009

Someone should send Ryan a PM to update both Weeds and injectedA to read member emeritus. HRP

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  10. Germ

Germ

I really miss C9. I still have a book that he sent me for Christmas.. He wrote a personal note in the book..
    I loved reading his posts the most.

11. Germ

Germ

@losershero

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. 330867-1318012364-1f0e78d314e47cb29cf2eee51f88aa17.jpg new IMG_20160409_171300.jpg Rosetr was on here only because I was but she introduced herself as my mistress because I was married to the HAMB!

I built a Roadster with her help and one day after Christmas she was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 3 months later.

God I loved her.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  13. Major loss... Thank God his granddaughters survived... God speed Ron...

14. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a great thought provoking thread. I recognize many of the names in the list. Makes me want to go reread some old threads. But the only one I had contact with was Dick Spadaro. He always had time to talk. Every time I cant find something I reach for the phone and then remember.

15. A couple of pics of NortonG...

This is after a day in the sun at The Race of Gentlemen in 2013. I watched him get more and more burnt over the course of the day. Kept urging him to buy a hat from one of the vendors. He wasn't going to pay $20 for a stupid hat. I think he didn't want to mess up his hair...
    FullSizeRender.jpg

Dave and I at the Detroit Autorama in 2015.
    IMG_3847.jpg

Dave riding around with Ricky in his survivor hotrod.

And Dave's well worn jacket in Tim's garage.
    IMG_3508.jpg

I believe you have an edited version of one of these two...
    katjohnson4 copy.jpg
    katjohnson5 copy.jpg
    Tim's still plugging away on it. Not much progress though in the past few years...

16. Sorry about that........There's two Germs in S.D.?

17. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Bobert. Bobert was a faithful member of the Chicago Hamb & Eggs breakfast crew. I miss him a great deal. Always a smile and a shrug of the shoulders.
    [​IMG]

18. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

19. Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  20. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

21. sawzall

sawzall

great thread..

sadly.. some of those mentioned I never had the opportunity to meet

I am thankful that Randy Nash (Deuce Roadster) too the time to answer some O.T questions I had once.. and I had a chance to get to know flatdog, and blown49.

unfortunately, it wasn't until his passing that I realized how much I had in common with Dick Spadaro..

He certainly lived the hobby to its fullest.. and as others have mentioned was a walking early ford encyclopedia.

Hank37, Ford52PU and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Germ

Germ

Foiled Again

23. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Roy Poole aka 65COMET passed this weekend.......

loudbang likes this.
  24. He was online Friday evening.. HRP

Post by: 65COMET, Friday at 9:19 PM in forum: Traditional Hot Rods

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Yes he was, But if you check the Comet drag cars thread Mike fiveoh108 told us of his passing. Mike and Roy were close friends...

loudbang likes this.
  26. Would Roy be... Member Emeritus?

27. loudbang

loudbang

Roy Poole on the right with fiveoh108

[​IMG]

Roy's famous comet in all it's glory

[​IMG]

28. Hi Guys. I'm Roy's cousin. Yes, Roy (65Comet on here) had a heart attack the other night and passed away on Oct 16, 2016. We will miss him. RIP Big Guy.

29. Had a visit at the house from my buddy Andy Kohler, he gave me the bad news that our friend Kevin is no longer among us.

KWMPA
    Kevin Mcgowin (spelling?)
    Williamsport, PA
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/kwmpa.12811/

Please adjust his member status.

Kind Regards,
    Jim

30. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Tom Willford (vintagegasser), we lost him in the Summer of 2013. Tom was, in my mind, the authority on Gassers, and most other categories of drag cars and speed equipment of the 60's. We had great times restoring and racing at nostalgia events in the 80's. He handled the Ron Bizio A/GS Truck, with skill and daring, using hand controls, as he was paralyzed at the waist since 1983. He was an avid collector and some of the rarest cars and parts passed through his hands. The thing I remember most about Tom, was his disposition ( the smile in the first pic, was always present) and he was a friend to anyone who ever met him. I was reminded how well he was liked at the CHHR this past weekend, and having his pride and joy (The Truck) present, really added to the show. Bizio Pride and Joy.jpg 2012-08-29 123348.jpg