Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb license plate topper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Benchdawg, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Hope this isn't already posted but I just saw a HAMB license plate topper on evilbay. I found it listed under SCTA. Current bid is 36.00 with 8 bids.
    Not touched in raw condition. Why is it on ebay not here!?! Go get it.

2. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

$51 bucks now, I dont understand why someone on the HAMB doesnt mass produce these I would rock one on my truck, even though im not spending 50 bucks to do so, it is something ive been thinking of making my own. There is definitely a profit to be made with these dont understand why they are so hard to come by, I think it would be cool to offer them as a alliance members package, I would pay a little more to get the plaque and topper to join.

3. i think they only made a couple small runs of them , and when ever they were available they sold out immediately.

mine was about $15? i think? i wish i had bought more at the time

4. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Where will it end up?

5. Must have already sold,,I didn't see it.

O'brien Truckers ran a couple of batches,,I was lucky enough to get one. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  6. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still have mine not going on my present build because it isn't totally HAMB friendly. The T coupe will be so it is being saved for now!

7. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

It is still on, it´s now $53 with 5 hours left.

8. How is it listed?,,I search SCTA,tag toppers ,and license plate toppers and never found it. HRP

9. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

I'm with MOPARJOEL- As an Alliance member, I would rather the topper as a token and a way to spread the gospel and not the same tag each year with a date. I think the Alliance tag is a good thing, but how many do you need ? And with hood closed nobody sees it.

10. Oh no,,I love the Alliance tags,,If I live long enough to get the amount I need and Ryan continues to offer red one year,black the next,,I'm going to make a Hamb checker board! :D HRP

11. Castings look likes it's a copy........................

12. n847

n847

I was wondering...but since I haven't been fortunate to get my hands on one I'm not sure? I do know that they come in as cast/unfinished condition so maybe its legit. Someone should ask the boss, just to make sure no ones ripping him off!

13. they came as cast/unfinished

14. Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  15. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ryan has always taken the high road particularly when it comes to merch. The fact that you can't get cool HAMB stuff at Wal-Mart will keep it "ours" forever. HAMB merch is rare and beautifull, like a unicorn.....

-Abone.

16. *gasp* i feel violated.

17. I do hope a Hamber ends up with it. HRP

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

They aren't rare (I've made over 2000 through the years)... and I'll make them again... Don't bid high.

19. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Its at $60 now, was gonna bid but it got out hand when its 4,5 hour left...

20. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

I don't know why people use the ebay auto bidding,it just runs the price right up..:mad:

21. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

ridgy didge, yeah thats how Ebay makes money on the seller % fee.
    May be Ebayers that dont have time and have to much money to bid normaly....

22. Cool! I be waitin' :D

23. n847

n847

me too!

24. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Me too, will buy one for sure...

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine are going on a nicely finished hardwood board one of these days. I view them as our "this years's membership card.

I've got one of the tag toppers and it will go on the Model A when it is done.

As far as the topper being on Ebay, there is always someone who up and decides that he/she needs to try and make a profit on something and there always seems to be some that want something bad enough to pay the premium price.

If you hunted that topper on Ebay and couldn't find it you aren't much of a hunter. SCTA, HAMB in the search line will take you right to it. It looks like the seller lives in Orange Park, Fl

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  26. pumpman

pumpman

Man, sign me up for a HAMB topper, Boss when is the next batch coming?

27. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

my guess is that the seller thought it would get more exposure on Ebray, but while that may be true, I'd think there'd be more interest on here - I mean it's OUR STUFF, right? By the time he pays his E-fees he'd have likely sold it more quickly here, had the same (or better) margin of profit, and the buyer would have been a happy HAMBer. ¿quien sabe?

28. Ryan, you've just convinced me not to bid. I'll wait for the next batch.....