Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB HISTORIANS HELP -Finest Merc gathering around ~ 60th Anniversary of the 49 Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Oct 24, 2008.

1. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Talked to Bill Papke today about some Merc parts. He told me he picked up the 49 Merc from the movie "Grease". He says it needs alot of work. Would have been cool to have at the Autorama, anyways.

2. I love this thread, I was researching one of the newer Mercs on there, the gold Lucky 7 Customs one. Are there any more pics of this car around?

3. I'm still hoping for event posters!

4. Did you try his site John?

http://www.lucky7customs.com/gallery.html

5. I did and Rik has a really good photo set of the car. Has a lot of really neat little features.

6. Bump, is that guy coming out with his book?

7. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I e-mailed him a couple of times and he never responded to me?

8. I'm still trying to get a poster.John Buck told me he was printing some.

9. What a exciting thread this was and still is.There are some great pics on here of cars that we didnt get to see but I like to go back and check them out.There was some serious anticipation leading up to this show. None the less some cool pics to check out.

10. John Buck says alot of stuff! I was told I was getting a Jacket...Thanks for nothing John!!!!

11. You are still waiting on that Bob ?????

12. I'll cherish that weekend for the rest of my life! All those famous Mercs in one spot! Talking to Jim McNeil. Everything! The drive there was the best part...Oil leak and all! haha! Just gotta love Mercury Charley...

13. I remember when I introduced you to Jim, remember that Bob?? I went ate some grub went to the bathroom came back and you were still rappin with him:D thats cool man,that show was just fu**in incredible!!!

14. All I know is...when I tell someone i'll do something for them,I DO!!!! I didn't ask for it,I was told by him I would get one! Not one with my name,like you guys who had their car inside,but the same jacket.

15. I told him I had read everything about his car,but wanted to hear the story about how he got the car FROM HIM!!! He told me everything!!! I was spellbound...Thanks for the intro,Jeff. He was a genuine Custom Guy!!! He told about five different stories I never heard about the car. I didn't know that Von Dutch owned it at one time and was the guy who traded it to the car lot that he found it at. Or that he and his wife double-dated with Von Dutch.
    Couldn't imagine owning that car!

16. Rikster

Rikster

It was just fantastic.. and like you said... the road towards the event was spectacular. Especially for me. At first I did not think I would go.. then after I decided this was the event I could not let go past without not going to regret it the rest of my live, and had booked my flight... it was one wonderful ride.

Seeing all those fantastic Merc.. meeting all those great people. I think about that show a lot, every week... perhaps even every day. I have some memorabilia from the show at my desk that I see every day....

[​IMG]

17. Im with you Rik,I can honestly say that I think about this show at least 3to4 times a week or it gets mentioned around me.It was just unreal,my only wish would of been to get Kurt Mcormics Alcorn & Zaro mercs in there but oh well we cant have it all.There are some finishing touches that im doing to my car that I wish I would have had done then but oh well:mad:.This show was just orgasmic,there was no other way to say it.I would like to order this exact picture that you posted right here.I know I have to square up that other thing with you first but this pic right here just sums it up for me,it is a breathtaking shot.It was so cool to meet you and hang out & talk kustoms with you and to walk in on thursday morning to see you shooting rear shots of my car ,that was real honor for me.

18. Rik you need to get this made into a poster and sell it!! I would love to have a copy.

19. Tiffany printed 2 out on the computer and sent them to me!Thanks Tiffany!And thanks to everyone involved for a once in a lifetime event!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  20. Nobody

Nobody
    from Liberty Sc

i KNOW THIS IS REALLY LATE , I AM THE OWNER OF THE 51 MERC USED IN BADLANDS I BOUGHT THE CAR SEVERAL YEARS BACK FROM SOMEONE RELATED TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER I HAVE SOME PAPERWORK THAT STATES IT WAS THE FEATURE CAR IN BADLAND IF ANYONE WOULD LIKECURRENT PICS LET ME KNOW

21. Jenny Wagoner

Jenny Wagoner
    from Miami

We have a sweet 51 Chop Top Merc. A show winner and we drive it around town too. I know this is an old post...but the car is worth adding to any great 51 Merc List. I'll try and post some pics

22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I wish I knew this a few years ago. Please share stories and photos.

23. Jeff J

Jeff J

Got them Thanks !!!!

24. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Hey Jerry, Your car is an old Ohio car. Call Butch Earhardt in Springfield. Hell tell you all ahout it.