Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB & Grits after Caffine and Octane 8/1/10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GreenMtnBoy, Jul 31, 2010.

1. This Sunday is the Caffine & Octane Cruise at
    The Avenues East Cobb
    4475 Roswell Road
    Marietta, GA 30062
    It starts around 7:30 and they start shutting it down around 10:00, lots of cool stuff to look at.
    I figure we will be at The Skillet around 10:00

[​IMG]
    Lets get together for breakfast and bench-racing.
    Everyone is welcome, just bring an apetite and a sense of humor.
    10:00 am at The Skillet in Roswell.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

Sounds like fun. I'll come.

3. sololobo

sololobo

Damn bro, now I am off to get some breakfast. The picture of the bland but tasty grits when buttered and salt and peppered are one of my fave breakfast items. Good old Cracker Barrel restuarant will be my next stop. Good luck with your gathering. ~Sololobo~

4. Enjoy!
    We get 2 varieties of grits down here....corn and...
    G irls R aised I n T he S outh...I love 'em both.

5. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Ya'll sure you can handle two helpins of Grits that early in the mornin?

Cause me and Little Black might ride out there, its a haul from Villa-damn-Rica, but I'll try to go to bed early and get my beauty sleep and be there. :D

6. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

We'll see everyone in the AM.

7. Just to clearify...we'll be at The Avenues for the cuise-in around 8:00 then head to The Skillet around 9:30 or 10:00.
    Lookin' foreward to it!
    B.

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

If the races get over and done @ Senoia early enough for me to get home and to bed at a reasonable hour so as to get up and get the report typed and emailed off in time, maybe I can make it since yall are gonna be an hour late starting breakfast.
    Don't quite know what to expect tonight as there is a big race with $500 to win for the Enduro class (sorta a street stock class). This is an entry level class with a lot of new and inexperienced drivers and $500 is big money to them, more than double the normal, so they'll all be hot to trot. Could turn into a demo derby with lots of caution flags and last till late.
    Dave

9. Bump...see ya in the ayem.

10. That race sounds like a good time Dave! When does the race season end at Senoia ? I want to get down there again this year. We really had a good time at the last race.

11. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

See ya there guys. I am on a very tight budget right now so just coffee for me. but there is always room for cars.

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Ain't no way I can make it! It's now 1:52am and I just got out of the shower after washing about 5# of red GA clay off me! By the time I get done with eating a bite and getting back "down" from an excitement filled evening it'll be 4:00 and no way will I be able to get up and do my race report and then drive 60-65 miles up to Roswell!
    4 of the 7 races were wreck fests and by far the worst of the lot was the most experienced drivers, The "Topless Late Models" had a seven car pileup right in front of me in turn 2 on the first lap! Didn't get thru with the last race till about 11:45 and then the track owners held a "Come to Jesus" meeting with the drivers about all the carnage. Hell, at one point one of the B Cadet cars (a sort of limited late model) hit head on with one of the safety ATV's DURING A YELLOW FLAG, NO LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again it was right in front of me!
    Tony, I ain't sure when the last race is, but it will be cool weather before they quit, probably when the crowd starts falling off. But I'm telling you, if people will pay to come out and sit in the sun in the heat we've had lately, wht the Hell is a little chilly weather!
    Dave

13. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Couldn't believe the amount or quality of cars that turned up for this cruise-in. It was totally worth getting up at 5:30a. Haha. And the Socks, don't let them fool you...super nice guys that let this ol girl tag-a-long, they taught me some stuff, made me laugh and let me go to breakfast. Great time. Thanks!