Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB gas tanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by y block, May 30, 2008.

1. y block

y block
    from kcmo

what do u guys use for gas tanks?
    I have a small 7gal keg but I think its too small; I want to drive a lot, but also use something other than stock- was thinking of 2 5gal gas cans.... cool but not gay?
    y

2. tinyt869

tinyt869

im using a 22 gal fuel safe fuel cell in my 55 chevy gasser

3. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

I think fuel cells are a little to modern for the rockabilly, cuffed jeans, side burns, slicked back hair and tattooed set.

4. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Well you said it, Not me !

Kegs & 5 Gal Gas cans are both Gay..

But to be fair, Maybe tell us what you are working on & maybe a pic !

5. Road Toad

Road Toad

I have a 20 gallon stainless tank from Rockville on my 32 Chevy. The stock tank was 10 gallons, they also had a 15 gallon tank available.

6. 5window

5window

I'm running a 16 gallon rectangular steel tank from Tanks,Inc
    in the trunk of my '31 A coupe. But you really need to tell us what you're running to get good advice.

My advice-fuel tanks have no sexuality, so just ask your damn question. The gay thing is just stupid and immature and wastes everybody's time. The HAMB is about your hot rods, not your hangups.

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I am with 5window here, After looking at the profile it appears that the only Early car you have is a '54 Ford.

Why would you even consider switching from the stock tank ?

If the stock tank is bad, Replace it with a Repro or a good used tank.

8. y block

y block
    from kcmo

yeah the original was more of a strainer (like the floor boards) so it had to go- and I was thinking of someday bagging it and didnt want a repro to get in the way of tail draggin-

thanks gaschev I guess my post was along the lines of your reply, functional but retro cool too- and not all billet or moon eyes- a little more original I was looking 4-

5 window I'm sorry I wasted your precious time- I wasnt talking gay sexually (but if you are thats cool! I'm not hung up on that!) I meant gay as in a christmas parade-

yeah de soto the only car I have is the 54 the rest are junkers which i dont hot rod- some day I'll have as many as you!
    y
    maybe I'll just find a bigger keg

9. Kegs are for beer.

I mean, really, it's a '54 Ford. C'mon.

Unless you're the Ian Roussell guy. If you are, I suggest using styrofoam for your gas tank. To go with the flamethrowers.

10. My vote is for a repro/good used 54 ford tank with the fuel sender. I say this because I run a 15 gallon fuel cell in my daily driver 46 chevy pickup with no provision for a sender.......gotta keep track of the mileage to keep from running outta gas and that's a pain in the ass. Fuel gauges rule.

11. SHRUM

SHRUM

Never looked in the back of a 54 but in my 51 the stock gas tanks are out of my budget so I went with the mustang tank. Has a nice fit and was cheaper. Anyone know if it would work in his situation?

12. kustomrodder53

kustomrodder53

I used a 69 camaro tank for my car. It has a simple square shape, and is rear fill so you can hide the fill cap better. They are also available brand new really cheap. Sender for the gauge is cheap too.

13. y block

y block
    from kcmo

thanks 4 the help guys- yea I dont want to pay aftermkt prices for this pos- I'll look into the mustang/fuel sender

thanks\

and dont be gay :)