Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Freeze

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 59Apachegail, Sep 16, 2022.

1. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Am I the only one?

When not signed in:
    I get to the Hamb loads up get hit with an ad before I can sign in and it hangs. If I kill safari and try again same result. Clear cache try again, sometimes I beat the ad in time to sign in sometimes not.

when signed in: It just freezes randomly on certain threads. Sign out, clear cache, try again.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  2. No problem here. None

Ben

3. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stay signed in

Sano33 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. I stay signed in, much easier. JW

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

You are not alone. Happens to me. I will try signing in from now on.

59Apachegail and 2OLD2FAST like this.
  6. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Safari is usually a good site, but you can't go wrong using the best search engine, Google and Google Chrome. It has protection from the company and protects like no other. We have a friend who uses all Apple stuff on her Mac. But, she had some problems with Safari and uploaded Google Chrome for every day use. We suggested Google over Safari and it has proven to be almost error free.
    upload_2022-9-17_3-33-29.png
    She now has no problems with any searches and can use the internet with her settings choice. Most of the search engines are the same, but some are easier and work much better. Yes, Safari is automatically built into the Apple product, but that does not mean you cannot use the search engine of your choice. Afterall, it is your computer and choices.
    upload_2022-9-17_3-34-11.png

With Google, you can set it up any way you like, from plenty of choices. Just hit the three line tab and see what you can set up and enjoy. Apple is good, Google is better...IOHO Also, on your Apple product, make sure you select Google as the main search engine and default browser... That will help tremendously.

Jnaki
    upload_2022-9-17_3-35-50.png
    On my Windows laptop screen on boot up, I always see this screen. The question is, why start searching when you can sign up and enjoy everything the way it should be presented.
    upload_2022-9-17_3-36-57.png
    Without signing in, you can read, but, you cannot, share, report, like, quote, reply or add your own post to go along with the topic.
    upload_2022-9-17_3-37-44.png
    Staying signed in is an option. It is not necessary to stay signed in on any website or have them store any information other than what is required for participating. It is an individual choice. As in most cases, there are plusses to staying signed in and minus factors. So, that is your choice.

Lil32 likes this.
  7. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Chrome on my Android tablet still does it , happens whenever I clear browser .

59Apachegail likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Chrome is the least secure browser on the market... and a memory hog. I don't recommend it at all.

Can you post a screen shot of what you see when this happens? I will get it fixed ASAP.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

@59Apachegail @2OLD2FAST

As a temporary fix, I added a log in link to the footer:

upload_2022-9-17_9-49-23.png

But please post a screen shot so I can fix this for good... I can't seem to reproduce the problem you guys are seeing...

59Apachegail likes this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had it happen when windows does an update and I have to log back into the HAMB and a few other sites. I didn't think much of it and just logged on and hit the remember me tab and back to normal Hambing.

11. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

@Ryan

Ryan,

Thank you for looking into this. Sorry for the late reply. I just get a freeze, the screen locks and I can not click anywhere. Most times it happens when the ad tries to load on the bottom when I’m not signed in. For when I am signed in, I can’t see anything happening. Maybe something is trying to load in the background. Next time I’ll snapshot it.

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks man. That will help!

59Apachegail likes this.

13. I also stopped using Google Chrome, if for no other reason than I choose not to be tracked with every little move I make. I use Duck Duck Go & never have any issues.

God Bless
    Bill
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ar-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/

14. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

I'm having same issues recent weeks...using Safari, I eventually give up, and try again later with not much luck...

15. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  16. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

@Ryan

Ryan,

This just happened and I screenshot-ed what it looked like. Page froze as soon as I started scrolling and crashed safari.

757F722F-78FF-4E2B-8BED-BF80D0972076.jpeg

17. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DITTO here 2 . Sometimes even when trying to sign in , letter freezes & whole page locks .IMO ,its ADS overload , way too many & are Popping up ever 5 seconds.

18. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

19. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry ? What does @ Ryan mean ? I know he's the Boss man but ?

21. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It will show Red on the Lightning Bolt Alert Flag.
    Upper right hand corner.

It flags Ryan to view.

22. @54FISH , Putting the "@" symbol before someone's handle tags them in the thread. Corncob tagged Ryan in the thread to bring it to his attention, that's all.

23. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh OK thanks , GOT IT .

ccain likes this.
  24. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NO POP UP ADS , RUNNING SMOOTH AS SILK !!!! NICELY DONE , THANK YOU !

25. Sano33

Sano33
    from So. Cal

I agree with JW. Stay signed in. Good luck!

26. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

@Ryan
    I’m still having issues and unfortunately it’s on an iPhone using brave so I can not gather logs. I tried accessing two nights ago. I was reading a two page threat about crack pot stories, someone commented “I thought this was a thread about Von Dutch”. To read that thread I had to refresh and clear my cache about 7 times. Same behavior, the site either freezes completely or allows you to scroll but there is just blank screen before or after what you’re reading. We can rule out space because it only happens on the hamb and I read other through other forums without issue.

27. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to LOCKING UP when NOT signed in . Whole screen freezes & have to trash the page . Crazy .

28. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

My phone browser does the same. If I don't sign in, the browser locks up when I scroll down a half page or so. Pop up ads. Etc. If I sign in, no issues, so it doesn't bother me. I just sign in real quick.

But if I don't, yes, I can't even navigate the site.

Edit: also, it boots me pretty often. I'll be logged in and go to submit a post or hit like and get the warning screen that says "you must be logged in to do that" or whatever. Again, I just log back in real quick and all good, but it does happen pretty often.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  29. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YUP DITTO TO THAT!