Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hamb drags tech question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hey guys, asked this on the sub forum but don't think I ever got an answer. My car has a trunk mounted battery, in a box, and want to know if I need an outside shut off switch and a bulkhead between it and the interior of the car to run.

I've read the tracks rules but between it and what I've seen run down the track in previous years it's a little murky.

Havnt ever run the car at the hamb drags but figured this year I might want to and wanted to have all my ducks in a row first

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

For clarity it's a 46 ford with a full interior and the gas tank in the stock place

3. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If the battery is in the trunk you will need a shut off on the back of the car.
    If you have the back seat in the car that will work for the bulkhead.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Thanks guys I bet I can make something work for the day. What do all the guys with batteries under a door in there floor board do?

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

This is how I did mine.
    20150220_155844.jpg 20150220_155851.jpg

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I'll probably make a little bracket to mount it to my back bumper and just tie my deck lid down over the cables, can't see drilling a hole in the car for one afternoon

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Where are the HAMB Drags tech regulations listed? Same as NHRA?

9. In the past they have been reasonably flexible with this requirement for the HAMB drags. I think a lot of it depends on how serious or fast your car is. I never had one except for the last year we attended and the tech inspectors simply recommended installing one and I did. Yes the rules do call for it but again the tech guys always used good discretion for the weekend. I know they enforce the neutral/clutch safety switch requirement as per the rulebook.

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Gman I've been looking st the Mokan website