Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags Silent Auction - What is it?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by stan292, Jul 31, 2007.

1. stan292

stan292

Gang-

I just read a post from a "newb" asking what the Silent Auction deal was all about. It occurred to me that more of you newer members might be wondering the same thing. Thought I'd post a quick note here to give you the skinny.

The auction takes place at the track - on race day (Saturday). I set up near the base of the tower, so its easy to find. There will be plenty of colorful signage to catch your eye.

All the items there have been donated by HAMBers - most of whom bring stuff along and drop it off at the auction site when they arrive at the track (This year, there will also be a place to do that in the parking lot of the host motel on Friday, and Saturday morning). Just look for the"Silent Auction" signs on my pickup.

Bidding begins as soon as I can get set up - usually a half-hour or so after the track is opened. Each item is numbered and has its own page in a notebook.
    You record your bid there for all to see. Anyone - including yourself - can return to check a bid's current status - and update a bid - at any time until the auction closes (at 8:00 PM).

Notification of closing will be given over the PA system in plenty of time for you to get in a final bid. Items must be paid for and picked up at the close of the auction. Cash - or your personal check if you are a registered HAMBer - are accepted. We can't do plastic.

You - or a representative - MUST be present to claim your loot at closing time. If not, it goes to the next highest bidder. Things move fast then, so its best to be at the auction site by 8:00.

Every cent collected goes directly to Ryan that evening - usually before he leaves the track.

If you have stuff to donate, but can't be there - and can't find a pal to take it along to MoKan for you - PM me and we'll work something out. Several donors mail or UPS items to me at my home beforehand.

Don't miss this deal as there are many one-of-a-kind, and hard-to-find items. Bring an item to donate if you can, but either way, be sure to check it out.

Remember, this is a fund-raiser for the HAMB. There will definately be MANY great deals to be had. Most HAMBers come prepared to bid generously in order to help the cause.

Thanks for looking -

See you at MoKan!

Stan Weber
    aka "Silent Stan"

2. Rusty

Rusty

Just a little reminder, there will be all kinds of cool stuff going on and you will hear the annnouncer mentioning to go bid on the silent auction. If you are like me you will keep saying " oh I will get over there in a minute" I never did as well as alot of others. There were some asweome things auctioned off for really cheap. Dont miss this one fellas

Gonna be my first stop when I get to the track

Rusty

3. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

As in years past, I'm going to donate one of my wonderful "Desk Top Art Work" little cars. I will have to rummage through the assortment I have hanging around here and deside which one to bring. Gene