Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags Silent Auction Reminder & call for items

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Aug 18, 2006.

1. stan292

stan292

Hi gang-

Just another reminder about the silent auction that will be going on at the drags for the third year.

Its real simple to participate - and every penny collected goes directly to Ryan. In past years we've collected around $175. I don't see any reason why we can't top that this time.

Bids are written down - so you can easily see where you stand. No trick stuff here, just a great chance to pick up a cool item or two, and do something to support the HAMB. In the past, bidders have been more than generous. I expect the same this time. If its been a while since you kicked in anything for the group - or if you've never helped out - here's a great chance to show some support and come away with something neat.

For those of you who are planning on being there, we still need donations of nifty stuff. Just about anything is suitable. In the past, we've had everything from flathead starters, to window crank mechanisms, to cutaway artwork, to custom shift knobs, to die-cast cars, to running-board tool boxes, etc., etc. Just about anything a person can reasonably fit in his/her trunk is fine. Take a minute to grab something off that dusty shelf in your garage before you head to Joplin.

I should be at the track by early afternoon Saturday. This year, I'm bringing a '60s Air Force surplus seat belt, a practice hand grenade (shifter handle), and a couple surprises.
    Look for the brightly-colored AUCTION signs in the pits. Drop your donation(s) off, and check out the other swag - and make your bid.

Winners are announced over the track P.A. around 9:00 PM - and yeah, you gotta be there to pick up your item.

Thanks - See ya' at MoKan!

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Once again a GREAT idea Stan! I'll be sure to stop by and check out the stuff.

3. stan292

stan292

Thanks kiddo -

Don't forget to bring something to add to the collection. How about an autographed Ego-Rama issue of R&C?

See ya' there!

4. Buford

Buford

I have 5 or 6 items rounded up...it sounds like good fun! See you there. Frank

5. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Hooley has donated his shirt that he was wearing when he broke the record at Bonneville and made it into the 200 club. I will also supply a shirt that I wore while I was his crew chief. Both shirts are our team shirts that we sold during the event. Both shirts are signed, dated, and washed.

Buy a piece of our Bonneville history.

John

6. stan292

stan292

Thanks Buford and WZ Junk! We still need more "donors". C'mon gang - let's here from ya!

I'm adding a cool die-cast Merc custom, a chrome Chevy 6-clyinder valve cover, and an aluminum SBC bell housing. Also, I'm gonna dig into my old magazine collection tonight. I know there are a few "gems" there.

Come on fellas - and ladies. Let's make this the year this thing takes of and becomes something really cool for the HAMB. Remember, we're not asking for million dollar items.
    Both donors and bidders get a great chance to pay something back to the group. Take another look on your parts shelf. It only takes a minute to grab something you probably won't ever use anyway.

Thanks all -

7. stan292

stan292

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I've got a jar of Bonneville Salt with a flaked lid and possibly some stripes by Chris 50. On the top will be a Hot Wheel sized deuce with a Saltflat flair...

In addition... I have 2 tin signs...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DiceKitten

DiceKitten

Looks Fun Times Are Headed Our Way This Wknd!
    Loved It Last Year, Looking Forward To It This Year.

10. I'll round up a few things, but about all I have are some owner's manuals from the 1950/60s, 1950 & 1952 Buick shop manuals, 63 Chevy shop manual supplement, and a set of chrome Moroso:eek: valve covers for a Pontiac. Any of that sound interesting enough?

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Stan,

I'm bringing a car load of things to auction.

Would you like a list ?

12. Stan
    I don't know how nifty they are but pair of shoebox ford tailights just collecting dust here. I'll round 'em up and send 'em down with the raven for ya to auction.

13. jerry

jerry

I'll be brining somw Hot Rod Mechanix and a surprise!

jerry