Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags Silent Auction - First Notice!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Jul 10, 2007.

1. stan292

stan292

Hey gang-

Time to start searching your garage shelves for items to donate to this year's HAMB drags silent auction. Thanks to a batch of you who pitched in some super- bitchin' stuff last year - we zoomed from our previous sub-$200 take to almost $750! It was tons of fun, and Lots of people went away VERY happy.

This is year 5 for the HAMB drags, and to celebrate - I'm proposing we shoot for a $1,000 buck day. All we need are for about 50 members to add goodies to the pile. Everyone has something they can give. It just takes a minute's thought to come up with a cool item. And hey, if you can't make it to MoKan, send your stuff with someone who can.

As always, the silent auction will be at the track on race day. See me the day before in the host motel parking lot, or just drop your items off at my little set-up below the timing tower when you get to the track.

This has really gotten to be a fun deal, with tons of very cool stuff to be had. Whether you donate or not, BE SURE to come by and check it out (yes, there have been rumors about free beer).

As always, 100% of the take goes directly to Ryan at the end of the day

Old custom and/or rod magazines, decals, and other hot rod memorabillia are great. Shift knobs, chrome goodies, pin-striped items, die-cast models, etc., are good too. Valve covers, breathers, air cleaners, and so forth are also cool. Check out just a small fraction of last year's swag in the attached photos. There should be lots more this year!

Tip- really large stuff - rear-ends, body parts, trannys, etc., aren't the best thing. Most folks dig the nifty (and clean) items they can easily carry away.

I'll be posting pics of some special stuff I've collected for this year's auction - along with additional reminders on a regular basis until the drags. Meanwhile, start digging through your stash to find something special to donate.

Let's take this thing over the top this year!

Attached Files:

2. stan292

stan292

BTTT - For more exposure.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Stan, this is an AWESOME thing that you do for the HAMB. The amount of time you spend before hand and at the event is admirable. While the rest of us are racing and socializing you are spending countless hours making sure the auction goes off without a hitch. My hats off to you bud! I will of course have a few things for the auction. Thanks so much for once again organizing this.:cool:

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

wonder if we could sticky this???
    thats kool stan...hope to win something this year!:)

5. I'm going to try and get all 4 stickers in before the drags so there will be complete sets... and a f'n finger shift knob too.

At least my stuff will get to go.

BTTT for Stan and the auction.

6. atomickustom

atomickustom

I'm planning to bring a small stack of 1950s Popular Mechanics magazines (each one has a road test of several then-new cars), along with any small-but-possibly-desirable dodads I can find in the basement.

7. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I will supply a Bonneville item.

John

8. stan292

stan292

Thanks everyone -

Regarding making this note a "Sticky", the powers that be have been great in doing that in past years - so there will eventually be one.

I'll be getting a few photos of some '07 swag together this week, and plan to post a couple more notices before asking the guys to put up a real "sticky" early next month.These first few are just teasers.

Thanks to all for your support. Stay tuned!

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Great deal Stan.
    Stickee stuck on you.

10. I thought it was fun standing around with a light from a cell phone to see who the winners were last year.

11. I have some art to offer up, but I don't know if I can make it there.. is there somewhere I could send it?

12. stan292

stan292

Gang -

Anything you have to donate can be mailed or shipped to me at:

Stan Weber
    510 Allen
    P.O. Box 81
    Firth, Nebraska 68358

I'll let you know that it arrived OK, and make damn sure it gets to MoKan.

Thanks!

13. Would anyone be interested in two bound copies of American Machinist from July to Dec 1940? The first cover story is "Fabricating the Flying Fortress." These suckers weigh about 12 pounds together. I'll bring them to the track if you think people will bid on them.

14. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Hey Stan, I dug into my stash, and found a few things. I'll look for you at the hotel parking lot on Friday night,
    Dan

15. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

would a set of sbc ram horns off a 63 impalla with the ac bracket be ok to donate? suposedly they are ceramic coated or something.

16. KCsledz

KCsledz

I will slip a poster onto the table.