Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB DRAGS - silent auction - call for donations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacktopbuddha, May 25, 2009.

1. The 2009 drags are getting closer and closer and it is time once again for me to ask for the generosity of HAMBers to give to the auction. Stan292 started this gig several years ago and I stepped in to take over the reins for him last year. He actually wants to do some racing (go figure.):)

Last year's auction exceeded my expectations in many respects. Donations came all the way from friends in Australia and New Zealand and a pretty significant amount of money was raised. All kinds of cool things from hemi valve covers, complete interior kits, tons of literature, and some great art work was donated too.

I have set two goals for the auction this year. First, is to raise even more money. Second, is to get even more artists to contribute some of their work. I'd like to see more of everything really. So, Stan and myself will start getting in contact with some of the talented folks on the HAMB soon.

All money raised goes to Ryan and ultimately to help HAMBers who may be a bit down on their luck, so to speak.

If anyone would like to contact me you can either send me a PM (and I will get you my phone # that way) or mail donations to:
    Bill Owecke
    2444 Missouri St.
    Lawrence KS 66046

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Bill, I plan to be there helping you with tables and chairs and donated items as well. I can haul goods for those who need help getting them to Joplin. You can see me at Iola, WI in early July or Salina, KS Lead Sled show later in July. Or stop by anytime.

3. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

I will donate again, I will just have to see what I can find.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

you got it bill!!!!! illl pile some stuff up fer ya!

5. raven

raven

Count me in as always.
    r

6. Bringing it back around for the a.m. crew again. Have had a pretty good response so far. A few 'ol reliables' here and a few new hands through PM's. Anybody else want to step up? If yes then I promise I won't tell your boss what you really do a work ;)

7. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i will have something to add to the auction! we have not missed one yet.

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I'll bring something to contribute again. Great of you to do this for the cause.

9. At the end of each auction, Stan always had something to raffle off for the HAMBers who were generous enough to donate. I got a pretty decent start to that tradition this weekend. Cruising the neighborhood yard sales I brought this book home. Over 700 pages and a little bit of everything from billet mobiles, ratty piles, to our favorite traditional rides. This if just the first thing for the raffle as I've got a few other irons in the fire.

Attached Files:

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

How 'bout a full set of three (3) of my books "Bangin' Gears & Bustin' Heads (stories about the 1960's, "Fast Cars, 4-Speeds and Fist-fights" (more stories of the 1960's), and "Recollections, Regrets and Random Acts" (stories of the youth of Neal East, Tex Smith, Darry Starbird, Frank Livingston and 7 more hot rod icons PLUS introduction by HAMB's own Ryan Cochran) and maybe the fourth one- "Accidents & Incidents with assorted confessions" will be released by then). I'll even autograph it to the winner right there at the drags...

Check out my web site for story excerpts...

R-

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i will contribute something,,,,,not sure what it will be yet,,but count me in,,,

12. Just a little something more for the folks who contribute to the auction -
    oldbobsign has graciously offered to print some stickers and so everyone who antes up will receive one
    also, it's been hot as blazes the years I've been to the drags, so for a bit of relief, I'll have some coolers full of sodas, water, etc. for anyone who steps up to the plate

Attached Files:

13. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Bill, you can count me in. I was even lucky enough to win the donators raffle of a drag racing sounds album a couple of years ag from Stan. I wanted to send it to Hamb Andy but because of his young age I didn't think he would know what to do with a "record". So I burnt him a CD of it. Just contact me anytime and we can work something out that will generate a few pennies anyway, eh?

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I will be bringing a set of prints from the early 40's/ Chalk drawings from Varga that are framed & stamped. I will get a shot of them in the next day or so.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

15. i can donate some metal signs i will have a vendor booth at the drags thanks travis

16. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Cool... I'll also try to bring something for the auction.

Malcolm

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I plan on bringing something for the auction as well.:cool:

18. Something more to go in the raffle pot. Found this one at the local used bookstore. Great photos and a bunch of history. Gonna be a great read for someone who pitches in and donates.

Attached Files:

19. Greezy

Greezy

Bill I will be donating a few items again this year.

20. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Finished this up this w/e.

Attached Files:

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

The two framed "chalk drawings".

Attached Files:

22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Bill, I don't have anything cool to give. Can I just send you a money order tomorrow? :D Lippy

23. Roadsir

Roadsir

Bill Donation sent in the mail!
    Eric

24. sololobo

sololobo

Good going folks, count me in for a Pabst Blue Ribbon shifter knob, new in box!! Yowser!! ~Sololobo~

25. flamed58

flamed58

You can count me in. Dusty

26. Bill, I'll contact you through a PM. I have an idea that could raise some money, but need to clear it with you and Ryan first. We will have to figure out the best way to do it.

Otherwise, I'll bring something for sure.

27. Bill, PM sent with my idea. Let me know what ya think.

28. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

I won't make it down this year so I will be sending you something for the auction Bill.

29. Deadbird

Deadbird

We're working on a vintage oscillating desk fan to donate.

A little OT but it's all aluminum and bullet shaped. My son Jesse is putting the Mother's mag polish to it now. Should be pretty nice when it's done.It might look cool with a few touches from a striper's brush. :rolleyes:

30. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Bill - Package sent and I sent you a PM.