Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB DRAGS Route 66 Cruise

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by WZ JUNK, Jun 30, 2019.

1. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I will repost this topic here before I let it die. There does not appear to be any interest and that's okay. The purpose of the post was to find that out.

In the early days of the HAMB Drags, my wife and I organized a HAMB Drags Route 66 cruise. Just a few stops on route 66 with a short drive on the old road. It is easy to claim 3 states on the route from Joplin. Due to some rescheduling of the time and date of the drags, we stopped organizing the cruise. Over the years I had a few participants come to me and ask us to do it again. I have no idea if anyone would care to join in, but we have planned a route and a few stops. It would take about two to three hours and include a late lunch stop.

We think we would like to leave the host hotel about 10:00 AM on Friday. I know that Friday is the day that a lot of HAMB Drag participants go to the swap meet at Springfield, but I also know that a few stay in Joplin.

I need to know if anyone is interested in participating in a cruise on route 66.

John