Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB DRAGS-Holiday Inn full???

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by racerboy79, May 10, 2010.

1. Just tried to reserve room at Holiday Inn for HAMB DRAGS and they say they are full for dates needed. Do we have rooms blocked off that aren't showing up for mortal man???:confused::confused::confused:

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We do have rooms blocked off... Call and tell them you are with the hamb drags.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Do it online. It has the rooms blocked out for all of us.

4. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

ya...i just got mine...no problem.

5. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

just got mine as well

6. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I called the front desk this morning...all fixed up!!!

I guess Rob [suit] isn`t there anymore...I thought he did a great job last year.

Tom

7. BinderRod

BinderRod

Maybe he did to good of a job. Time for someone else to take all the credit. I liked Rob.

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

Still dont understand why it 10 dollars more for thursday night .

9. ROADMACSTER

ROADMACSTER

Anyone got a number for Holiday Inn? I just called Info they don't show a Holiday inn RMAC

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Joplin, MO

I was so excited thinking about the Drags that I forgot to ask how much the room was :D

11. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

The front desk # I used is 417-782-1000

12. Glen

Glen

That's funny, I didnt either. Its Joplin Missouri though, so its not like I was expecting San Diego prices. ( no offense guys....Im from Oklahoma.)

13. Dirty2

Dirty2

I was so excited thinking about the Drags that I forgot to ask how much the room was :D[/QUOTE]

I was also but when they said the hamb rate only goes for fri thru sun I said I would be there thursday .

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Website - HAMB promo says $ 79.00 night.

I called the other night and that's what the reservation person said.

Could be wrong - have to re-check I guess.

Cob

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

But not thursday .

16. Rodshop

Rodshop

When I used Thursday-Sunday (off the HAMB Drags web site) it said rooms not available for that date- but when I shortened the dates to Friday-Sunday it took the reservation. I assume that was because the rate only applied to Friday-Sunday. Will call them to get Thursday dates added.

17. Dirty2

Dirty2

18. That's the way it was last year, Thursday was not included in the 'Drags discount. One thing to watch for (happened to me last year), I checked in on Thursday (staying through Sunday) and didn't get the breakfast tickets for the weekend since they were handing them out with the Friday check-ins. My fault, I didn't know about 'em and they never said anything about 'em. I found out sometime mid-day saturday, so I did get the Sunday breakfast (and it was great). I'm sure it was posted, I just missed it. Just a heads up so folks make the best of the weekend. I'm sure Ryan will post the details shorly, just be sure and read 'em in case there are changes. Can't wait!

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Having breakfast at those big round tables was really fun. It's nice to be able to start the day with a bunch of friends over a meal......or sitting with folks you barely know and getting to know then alittle better.

20. Suit

Suit

Thank you for the nice words. I miss working with you all more than anything else. Holiday Inn will take great care of you and the event will be even better this year; I'm out of Hotel rooms and now just coordinate catering events in Joplin for a restaurant with belly dancers (Ha! Now that I've typed it I'm laughing). You can email me at [email protected]. I care about you all and WILL see you in August.

21. Good to see you here, Rob.

We liked the deal you put together last year and if they do as well this time around all will be swell. No reason to think it will be otherwise.