Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB drags date this year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ayers Garage, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I have to choose my vacation days at work real soon. Does anyone know what dates the HAMB drags will be this year?

Kevin

2. mojo273

mojo273
    Member Emeritus

looks like Aug. 25th....

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

yep, it's a must attend...

4. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

How many drag cars show up for the drags, how many driven cars, flea market, etc. Can you give us an idea of its size and quality. Thanks....

5. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Last year was my first time to attend. The drags are just a small part of the experience. The hotel is where the fun is. It's an all night party in the parking lot.

The weather was bad last year. We actually left the track early due to the storm.

It's a must go to event though.

6. 30roadster

30roadster

The racing starts Sat. later in the afternoon. There is a swap meet in Springfield that was good - even in the rain. It is about an hour and a half away. You are close to the starbird museum( an hour?). Friday night and Sat. after the drags it's the hotel parking lot that is a non-stop party and car show. I have only one bit of advice....For the love of pete......never...but never eat Missouri "mexican" food! :D

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We will most likely have over 200 cars this year... 70% of those will be street cars.

I can promise you one thing, you've never seen anything like it. The experience at the track is absolutely amazing.

8. And you will see a real first this year. A 1960's re-created AA Fuel Comp Coupe powered by a blown & injected 430 MEL on 75%. If Ryan approves and we can get the motel to OK it, we'll start this beast up under the awning of the motel Friday night

9. Missouri "mexican" food?????????? WTF, is there such a thing? Sounds nasty to me, but of coures I'm from Houston where there are a shit load of Mexicans that make the stuff right on.

10. Missouri mexican food thats enchiladas in a can right? and Carne Guisada frozen in a bucket? lol yeah but most are TEX-MEX. Real Mexican food is made with black beans MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and no government cheese :eek: Goat cheese is used alot of times as well, instead of cheddar cheese, or american cheese. Damn I tell ya though I am a sucker for all mexican food, especially latin women :) I guess thats why my wife is mexican :) and I have half breed kids.

Now to get back on subject, Where is the link or website for the H.A.M.B.Drags? I thought they had all kinds of info there, and class rules etc? What is the class where the ride is basically a frame, a cowl, and original style engine etc? I think that is awesome :)

11. http://www.hambdrags.com/

Ok I did a wee bit of searching and found the link I feel like a moron now. <<<Taking a bow now. :D

12. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

Yes, it is a great time!!! Now with the actual date I can plan for vacation!!!!