Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Chop anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by momentumfoto, Mar 12, 2004.

1. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

I just bought this 32pu cab and want to see if anyone is into helpin me chop it? I am not sure how much to chop or even where to start... but I want to learn. Any suggestions? I am in SoCal (CORONA)and have a shop to do it in but the skills are lacking. I can buy the beer though... hehe. anyone?

Attached Files:

2. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Goddam Blake, when are you gonna buy something that you can actually drive? you better have a big-ass yard for all the "projects" you got goin' or start selling ME some shit cheap! hehehe!

that is one nice cab jus' waiting for a chop. too bad I'll be gone for the next couple weeks `cause I'd help, ya...

3. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

I don't have any experience but I'm willing to be an extra set of hands/eyes etc.

4. Killer

Killer

why don't you just wait for the actual HAMBChop?????

I want to do a hot rod this year...

Maybe yours??? Tell me why we should.

5. there you go ..i`ll pm you where to send the beer to [​IMG]
    monkey

Attached Files:

6. Good job Surf Monkey....that's the fastest chop I've seen [​IMG], too bad it couldn't be that easy in real life!
    Cheers [​IMG]

7. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HUH what is THE Hambchop?

Well I am kinda new to the world of fab and want to learn from the dudes that know the right way to chop. I am just kinda green thats all. I want to learn to do it the right way the first time... And meet some of the so-cal hamb crew.

8. autocol

autocol

momentum...

jason (killer) is a hardcore sheetmetal shaping loony... every year he sets up THE HAMBchop, where about 30 hambers get together and chop some dude's car... from what i gather, jason does most of it and the few others with the skills help, and everyone else cooks sausages and learns what they can...

the guy has given you an invite... tell him who you are, what you do, and why he should help chop your car, (and hopefully you're a semi young feller), and you never know, it could happen faster than you think...

search back through the archives for "HAMB chop".... from about april last year...

good luck...

9. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

ohhh fock that is killer... I have heard about THE HAMB CHOP... I want to learn from THE guru for sure... damnnnnn that would be sooo amazing... and I would be so honored. I have had a few cars but this is my first rod style car to cut up and go crazy. I have been lookin around for like 5 years for a 32 like this... so I am not a guy that just got into hotrods yesterday... and will be out next week. I had a 59 caddy that was to good to modify and a 57 Deluxe 23 window VW bus in highschool that I built.... I bought it for $100 and sold it for $3000 after making it look and run like a top. I am NOT sellin this 32 for anything though...

What would it take? You make the call... I am soooo ready. I will have the beers on ice and bbq hot and ready.... I have a 4 car bay available with tons of parking, tools and room to get roudy with no neighbors in Corona CA!

blake

10. Toqwik

Toqwik

Take it to billetproof, take donations to learn how to chop a truck, and everyone wins......

11. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    It is the custom, that's with a "C" not a "K", to select a car from one of the HAMB "young guns" to chop at the annual HAMB Chop. The usual qualifications are that the candidate car must be worthy of a chop, that is, it should be considered to be hot rod material...that the owner be a young guy/gal who has more hotrod heart than cold cash, in other words, they want a cool car but can't afford or aren't yet skilled enough to take on such a major modification...and that the owner must bring the car back again the next year to the HAMB Chop so that all can see the progress that they have made on their car.
    Jason, "killer", has graciously donated his wealth of talent and experience to direct this effort each year but it doesn't happen in a weekend without a lot of grunt work. I was fortunate to participate in last year's HAMB Chop and what I learned was worth far more than the hours I spent. Here's a pic of poorboy with his cool Barnett plaque from 2003 in front of his hammered Chevy...if you're readin' this poorboy, we expect to see you back this year with a badass ride! [​IMG]

12. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

Well I am only 34 and just spent my life savings on this cab and frame... I have no idea how I am going to pay my rent this month now... who cares... I have a badass 32 cab that I have always wanted. I said it before... I want to learn the art and have something to pass on to my kids.... someday?? Well, I hope I will be a candidate for this years chop.

blake

13. Ill give ya 450 +shipping costs for that 27 you have in the classifieds.. Help ya with the rent...

steve-

14. plan9

plan9

at 34 itll be the "not so Young Gun" HAMBchop, hahaha!

id worry about the chop later and pay your rent... read books, ask lots of questions... then when you feel somewhat manly... add some bracing, get a 5th of makers mark, measuring tape, something to mark with, and your sawsall.

worse case scenario, you fuck it all up and end up with a rpu until you get enough skill to repair it
    [​IMG]

15. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

[ QUOTE ]
    at 34 itll be the "not so Young Gun" HAMBchop, hahaha!

id worry about the chop later and pay your rent... read books, ask lots of questions... then when you feel somewhat manly... add some bracing, get a 5th of makers mark, measuring tape, something to mark with, and your sawsall.

worse case scenario, you fuck it all up and end up with a rpu until you get enough skill to repair it
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeaaa but I look 24.... thats what I am told anyway... haha and I act 14!

16. deluxester

deluxester

I subscribe to Car Kulture Deluxe and so I have read about the HAMBchops that have occurred in the past. I have never chopped a car before and would like to learn. If there is room, I would like to lend a hand at this year's event. I live in Hesperia, Ca and I am planning on chopping a 1950 ford club coupe that I found on EBAY.

-Steve

17. cheaterslick

cheaterslick

PSHHHHHHHT..CALLING ALL AVAILABLE INTRO OFFICERS FOR BACKUP...PSHHHHHHHHTTT... [​IMG]

18. The_Monster

The_Monster

hows this for a chop? not too low, just right [​IMG]

Attached Files: