Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb avatars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by V4F, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Mine is the twisted remains of several cars. The place was like a gold mine, you would have thought you'd died and gone to heaven the stuff in this yard. We only got a handful of cars out of there. I could have taken home easily 100 of them if I'd had the cash. And if I'd gotten them before they started scrapping, you'd hardly have known I took any.

2. Yes...It's my daily driver, April to October. I really believe you will do more harm to old iron by NOT driving it, rather than letting it sit and staring at it...

3. 5window

5window

Nope, but my dad did. Twenty-tree years old, flying around in the middle of the ocean with enemy planes shooting at him and then having to find the damn carrier and land? I think it was the best time of his life. The plane's an F6f Hellcat, maybe the best carrier fighter ever.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  4. I have a digital camera, and every once in awhile my grandaughter gives me lessons.
    I think the biggest problem I have with this, or any forum, and the one thing that gets me flamed on the most is that I struggle with the computer. I'll get more lessons from Taylor over the holidays.
    When I learn, I'll be able to post pics of my '29 project. Then I'll have an avitar. BTW, thanks for not bustin' my balls 'cuz I don't know something. Mike

5. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

HEY WOLF ,

Hey Steve! I just had a new pacemaker implanted in august and I feel GREAT! But, I just don't have any stamina and only have about 25% of my heart still functioning. Heart attacks are NO FUN!!!!
    bummer man . be careful so you stay around !! im lucky , if you can have 3 heart attacks & be lucky , they just put 2 stents in my heart & so far all is ok . my lupus took my strength & stamina away long time ago . it does succccccccccc , but at least we are alive to talk about it !!! .. steve

6. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Built it, owned it, drove it down the driveway, sold it. Done it 3 times now , they all look alike so I don't change the avatar, can't remember how to anyway.

7. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

There both mine and one's driving me nutts to drive the other one.

8. boldventure

boldventure

Meant no offense....
    I learned anything I know about this stuff "old school", read a bit, clicked a lot, had shit go into the "ether", but I "got" some of it now and was trying to offer encouragement.
    The smiley line was a just shitty attempt at cyber humor.

9. No offense taken. BTW, if I want to go back to threads I've replied on, how do I do that? Now I'm writing down all the threads and going to "search". There has to be a better way. OOpps, that was off topic, don't want to get the topic monitor riled up.

10. Pscott

Pscott

Sold it in '94 but like every car I ever owned, I wish I could have it back. When you're poor, ya gotta sell one to buy one:(
    edit: on second thought, there's a few that I never want to see again!

11. Own and drive as long as I got weather, built some of but not all. Rags

12. greendream

greendream

13. boldventure

boldventure

Mike B...
    sent you a PM re: how do I...

14. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Drive mine all the time....got to get the heater fixed in it, the baby girl don't understand why we can't drive her "twuck"!!

15. The Blurr

The Blurr

Yep, it's mine and I drive it every weekend and somtimes during the week.

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mate that is one of the best Avatars! You have every right to be proud of your father! Hellcat, Corsair, Seafury the three BEST prop driven carrier planes of all time.
    Not that it means much but your father has my respect as one of the worlds greats.
    Doc.

17. ^^^^^^I agree with Docwatson on that^^^^^^

This is how I look when I drive my Roadster... and fly! (Built & Restored respectively)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  18. bigfive

bigfive
    from south L.A.

yup! i own and drive them both!

19. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Own it/drive it. Not on a daily basis tho.

And yes, I have had it floored. I can prove it because I have no tickets. :D

[​IMG]

20. Labold

Labold

Own it and like all my cars - I drive it.

21. Restoring mine.Bought it as a basket case but knew it's history

Attached Files:

22. chris55

chris55

Thats to cool, bet your dad had a smile from ear to ear.:D

23. Wandereryque

Wandereryque

thats my 48 going to VLV getting ready to tear it down gotta fix some stuff

24. 567trishop

567trishop
    from Australia

built it, drive it, race it, broke it, in that order

25. HotRod33

HotRod33

My dad had a blast and I will always remember that....My Dad past away tonight and I will miss him everyday but he will live on in the 33.......

26. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I drive it all summer long. It's off the road for the winter, will be back cruising in March or April...

27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Thought's and Prayers coming to you from Maggie & I. I know how you feel, I still miss my dad and he has been gone since 1997.

B:)B

28. chris55

chris55

I'm sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. But know that he will be with you on every ride in the 33.

29. Dirty2

Dirty2

So sorry to hear this . My prayers for you and your family .
    Danny

30. 5window

5window

Thanks, man. Dad's 85 now and his short-term memory's not too good, but he can seem to recall every single minute he spent as a carrier pilot. That being said, I have never heard him talk about actual combat. Everything else, but never the dog fights. I can vaguely remember asking him when I was really little-it was the 50's- and although I can't recall what he answered, whatever it was, I have never asked again in 55 years. Must have been pretty bad.