Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb Auction-wiper Arm Pressure Tester-w/n.o.s.wiper Blade/arm Collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Jul 7, 2005.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

What we have here is a very cool old wiper arm pressure indicator gage.I dont remember these, but I bet they were common in the old days.The name on this is "tel-tale, it was made by The Anderson Co. Gary Indiana.Its in excellent working condition.It has instructions on it, the best I can tell is you:Remove your wiper blade and put this gage face down on the windshield, you then, put your wiper arm end that holds your blade on the test button on the gage, it then gives you a read out in ounces of the arm pressure.Well its not something you will use everyday, but hey, you can have fun having people take guesses as to what the hell it is? If nothing else, its one hell of a cool old piece of car history, for all you collectors.And besides that, it says on it"THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TEST INDICATOR OF THE HIGHWAY VISIBILITY BUREAU" doesnt that make you want it bad now?
    And to go right with this is a bunch of n.o.s. wiper blades and arms for cars in the thirties and forties.Some of these have a date of 1936 on them.The length on these blades are 7 1/4 8 1/4 and 9".
    So you can use what you want and sell the rest and get yours for free!
    Also included is a very cool old cardboard parts can, that was originally a generator brush parts container, it has things written on it, like fits Ford Chevrolet, Willys-Knight-Hudson-ect. This can is full of misc. n.o.s. wiper arm retainer parts also.
    O.K. lets start the bidding at ten dollars.thats a deal for all you get here.I will pay the shipping.I will send this out as soon as I here from Ryan, he gots the money.This auction ends 7-13-05 at 12.00 a.m. c.s.t. Thanks and lets help the Hamb a little here.

Attached Files:

2. dehudso

dehudso

I got no problem giving $10 for that whole setup.

3. Squablow

Squablow

$15 Everyone needs one of these, every time you go out. Check the oil level, tire pressure, check the lights, wiper arm pressure.

4. I'll go $20. Cool old tools give me wood.

5. Old Man Dorman (Dorman's Speed Shop - Forest Grove, Ore.) had one of those when I was in high school. I guess at one time or another Ore. had a law about windshield wiper pressure.

I'll go 30.00 just 'cause I loved that old man.
    (well that and I take way more than I give here Long Live the HAMB)

6. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Thanks,Beaner, end everyone else that placed a bid, lets see if we can keep this thing going to help out here a little, just to sweet"n the pot a little more, Im going to add a set of glass 39 ford tail light lenses, to the winner of this auction, these are the good old good ones.I got these from a fellow, that bought out an old Western Auto store years ago.Good luck to all.Thanks.

Attached Files:

7. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

8. airkooled

airkooled
    from Royal Oak

I've used something very similar in my line of work. The companies that develop and engineer wiper systems still use this type of thing.