Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Auction of Bonneville SpeedWeek '03 memento

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by av8, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Oh, well. I still have a day or 2 to hock my mother's extra pacemaker's battery. Maybe I shoulda kept the "noss" outa the Rambler American to sell but when I told Fatass whitewalls it came with the car, the look on his face was priceless. I'll figure something out..I have a little plan up my sleeve...

2. TV

TV

Av8, Rocky....I sure would like to meet some of the "high roller deep pocket pals" maybe they could donate some money to a good cause... I'd like to have the hat but this is really diggin into my car buildin stash... I've already sold my dog's house to come up with some moola for this...what else am I gonna have to sell if this goes any higher...? my wife's house? I guess we can sleep in the shop..TV

3. .......Just got back from a city council meeting to plead my case regarding a grant for the money to buy the helmet but the city fathers didn't think it would beautify the local area enough and refused me cold! I guess I'm outa this one....

4. Mike,

I bid $290.00.

Charlie

5. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

I'd like to have that hat...it's all for a good cause.

Mike, put me down for $300.00

6. av8

av8

We have a winner! It's yours, HotrodVon. Send me your mailing address, and as soon as I hear from Ryan that he's received the funds the helmet will be shipped.

Congratulations and thanks for helping support the HAMB.

Mike Bishop

7. Congrats HotRod Von... If anything should happen [not that it would] I'll honor my $275 bid.

8. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

Thanks for the honorable offer Rocky...but I think I'm a gonna need that hat... [​IMG]

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Rocky, If HotRodVon fails to come up with the coin I'll add $25 to your bid so the HAMB gets the correct total and we can share the helmet. How does that sound to you ? At least you will get it for 1/2 the time. I'll wear it to Bonneville for the next 10 years then its your turn. Let me know where I should send the money.

Frank

10. Yeah, ok...lemme get this straight here...you send me 25 smackers to add to my $275 to equal $300..right? Ok...Then, you get to wear the hat for 10 years.....
    Ok, lessee....25 bucks buys you 10 years so 275 should buy me uhhhhhhhh...carry the one.....................that's 40 cents a year....[mumble mumble] I get to wear the hat for 96 years! Ha! You are gettin royally fucked! It's a deal! Send me the money.................
    God, these guys are easy.

11. I have decided to take matters into my own hands... If I can't win the 3 hunnert dollar hat, I'll just wear my own "dead ringer for the real thing" counterfeit hat. Looks remarkably like the real thing but it's fake! So what if the only name on it to make the salt this year is Mike Bishop's...nobody else at Sunday breakfast will know that.
    Eat your hearts out!

Attached Files:

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Rocky, I've decided to sweeten the pot. If Hot Rod Von backs out I'll sent you the $25 to go with your $275 so the HAMB get its $300. When we get the hat you can keep it and just mail me the counerfeit ROCKY hat. I'm thinking it could turn out to be more famous than the av8 version. At least I'll gamble on it. Then if we ever show up at Bonneville together we'll have photo taken of us each wearing the others hat. We'll get a few thousand copies of the photo made and sell them on ebay for $50 a copy , $75 if we both sign them. I'm thinking our hot rod addiction will be financed for the next 20-30 years. Do you see any flaws in this plan?

Frank

13. Only one, Frank......HotRod Von ain't gonna default. I'd bet $275 on it....but if he does, yer on....

14. Holy shit! It says "Old school original HAMBer" next to my name....how many of us are there? Now I feel "old" and useless..please pass the Depends...never mind, too late. cough,cough, hack.... hawk......Ptooey!!
    Arghhhhhhhh.....

15. TV

TV

Rocky, I had to bend hotrodvons arm to get that hat,even though he's my son,but I would be Honered if you would sign it for me that way I have a good story to tell--TV [​IMG]

16. You want ME to sign the hat with all the real racer's names on it? Hell, I wasn't even on the salt this year....but I'd be more than honored to put my name on the hat...

17. TV

TV

Rocky, thats cool--TV