Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Auction - five Bill Drake Roadsters.com T-shirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsters.com, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

[​IMG]

Well, I guess it's about time I did something for this place. To celebrate my 1,000th post on the HAMB, I'm going to donate five Roadsters.com T-shirts and put them up for auction, with all proceeds going to help offset Ryan's expenses in keeping this site online.

[​IMG]

The artwork for these shirts was done by fellow HAMBer "bdrake", Bill Drake, a gifted illustrator, long-time hot rodder, and all-around sharp-dressed man.

The winning bidder will receive five shirts in their choice of any combination of sizes from Small through 3X, and any combination of white or black shirts. I will also pay to ship them anywhere in the world, even to France or southern California.

[​IMG]

The auction will end at noon Eastern time on Saturday, May 15th. As soon as Ryan tells me that the winner's payment has arrived, I will ship their shirts by Priority Mail, unless I don't like them, in which case it will take another day or two, and possibly longer.

Fellow HAMBers and HAMBerettes, when you bid on this auction, please dig deep down into those pockets, right down to your cuffs, and think of the children, and how they will benefit from this in years to come.

In order for our drag racing members to be able to participate, the bidding will start at one dollar.

Of course this is all providing that the auction is approved by the man. How 'bout it, Ryan?

--------------------
    Dave Mann
    Roadsters.com

Telling the same jokes since 1962...

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I will start it out at $45 coin.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

3. Bigums

Bigums
    from Lutz, FL

I'll go $50. Nice artwork!

4. Crestliner

Crestliner

5. old beet

old beet

$75.00......................OLDBEET

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

7. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

8. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

.....$111.00............

9. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

111.00? [​IMG]
    $112.50

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Wild Bill Drake is SO talented he is scary!!!!!!......But he said he was gonna give me an orig. one day....right Bill?.....Bill?.....
    Roadsters.com......the best info/part gathering source center on the web..bar none.

Way to go Dave.

11. bdrake

bdrake
    Member Emeritus

Dave you crack me up, “all around sharp-dressed man” that’s rich. Wife just told me it would be nice if I added some non car shirts into the mix for this summer so now I can tell her it’s all good. Anyway, this is nice of you Dave.

Brush, sorry man, I’ve been wrenching, sanding, priming and hammering on my truck any chance I get so some other things have taken a backseat. I’ll get ya something, promise. One more thing, keep the drawing hand out of the path of the grinder.

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

just pulling yer chain Bill [​IMG]

13. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

It's good to see that this is appreciated. Thanks to everyone involved. And thank you, Bill, for drawing exactly what I asked you to, with a level of skill and precision that makes your work something that thousands of people have enjoyed and admired.

Bill, I hadn't mentioned this earlier, but when the shirts with your newer drawing were first printed, one of the people that I sent some to as gifts was my friend Stanley Wanlass, one of the finest bronze sculptors in the world. When they arrived, he was so impressed with your illustration that he ordered about twenty more of them to give to his friends as gifts. Stanley and I agreed that your work was flawless.

I forgot to mention earlier that the shirts in this auction are special in another way: Bill's illustration is screened on Jerzees Zt shirts. According to my screenprinter, they are the softest T-shirts available, and much softer than the popular and less-expensive Hanes Beefy T. This really is quality stuff.

"More bids, please!"

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

14. $112.50 ? I say $112.55 ......... Does that mean ifI win, it's only a nickel ?

15. Oh ! ... Now I get it. There's a bunch of ya waitin to snipe me at the last seccy just like them e-bay doods.

16. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

In the first half-hour of this auction we had a flurry of bids, and now things are calm. There's only one day left. The air is still. The birds sense something serious heading this way, and have left for quieter places. No doubt the serious bidders are psyching themselves up, carbohydrate loading, and getting their sniper uniforms ready.

I'm not aware of any rules forbidding someone from bidding on their own HAMB auction, so I'm going to bid $125.

I'm not doing this because I'm trying to help. Actually, it's because I really don't enjoy standing in line at the post office.

Okay - who's next?

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

17. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

18. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

19. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com