Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Auction 4 Just Steve: OG Jalopy Journal Workshirt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RF, Jun 10, 2006.

1. RF

RF

Ryan and I discussed doing a "Round Robin" with the shirt, having each member recipient sign it, toss a personal check in the package, and mail it on to the next. But there were concerns of "shipping errors" and whatnot, so we decided to just do a standard auction. Up for bids is an antique Jalopy Journal workshirt (Short Sleeve, Size L), something very few, if any, HAMBsters own, let alone have ever seen! (Okay, so it's sorta rare) Help out a very worthy cause--The Hendrickson Family--and have a chance at getting your hands on some JJ Memorbilia too. Winning bidder to PayPal Ryan, who will appropriate the funds appropriately.

2. ray

ray
    from colorado

somebodys gotta start it, might as well be me...$50.

3. jerry

jerry

$75

Even if it don't fit my fatass!

jerry

4. Tom C

Tom C

$100

Can I get a sticky?

5. RF

RF

Come on, pintack this mofo!

If this one blows up, I might just have to bust out the old long-sleeve with vintage '40s Firestone pocket patches!

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Stuck on you
    Great auction

YO.

7. $125, I thought I had all the shirts Ryan has done

sodbuster likes this.
  8. RF

RF

Oh, yeah...let's end this Tues 8pm Pacific Standard Time, unless someone disagrees?

9. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I would rather own this shirt than go to the Hamb drags....

but I think you should extend the date...;)

It's for a great cause.

10. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I'll go $150

for now...

11. Bugman

Bugman

I've been around awhile, and I've never heard of the JJ mechanics shirt. What's the history of it?

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I did them in 1996 or 97? They were all made out of used work shirts... Very cool. They are embroidered, not screen printed. VERY high quality...

I sold about 20 of them to different folks around the country. They are pretty damn rare...

13. MilesM

MilesM

14. RF

RF

OK. How about same time Friday 6/16? That way, the winner will know how much he or she still has left in the bank to drop on a Father's Day gift or two. Speaking of which, this would be a great gift.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Or, it would make a GREAT gift for your girlfriend for Christmas;)

16. RF

RF

Is Miles going to hold the high bid, or is a deep pocket gonna livin this thing back up?

17. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I'm busy counting my pennies.....:eek:

18. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

I'll go $250 ONLY if you send it to Just Steve.

19. RF

RF

Dude, you rule! I still wish we could get a handful of signatures on it. Nevertheless, a small gesture's better than no gesture. Thanks CD!

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Here's a thought, and I wish it could have been done a month ago but anyway. If the shirt got overnighted to me today I could get more then a couple of handful of HAMB signatures on it this weekend at the HRR in Bowling Green. Then over the next couple of weeks I could get all the Detroit area HAMB guys to sign, then I could take it to GG Columbus for more HAMB signatures, then the Syarcuse Nats in NY the following weekend. I could then either give it to Just Steve when I see him in person on July 22 or continue to gather signatures till the HAMB drags and either mail it to Just Steve or the winner of the auction.

Just a thought.:cool:

I do get to wear it though while everyones signing it.:D

21. RF

RF

Looks like this is turning out to be a Memorial rather than a fund raiser, sad as it may be. I'll wait to hear from Ryan on how he'd like to redirect the funds from the auction, but I'll leave it up to the winning bidder on what to do with the shirt itself.

22. CrazyDaddy

CrazyDaddy
    from Austin TX

I just read the thread, sorry to hear about him passing away. I'll stick with the $250 for financial assistance, or charity, but we need to do something with the shirt. Denise has a good idea, signatures, but then what ? Would his wife accept it as a token of appreciation ? Where is the shirt now ? If it's in Austin, we can possibly meet at 1431, and send to Denise, or someone at the LA Roadster show... I'm open to ideas.

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

All the money we raise should go to Becky - Steve's wife. They've had a rough go at it for more than a year now and I really think a little dough will help them out a lot...

24. MilesM

MilesM

$300, for his family.

25. RF

RF

Thanks Miles.

26. RF

RF

Miles, go ahead and PayPal the money to Ryan. Unless you have something else in mind for the shirt, just PM me your address and I'll get that in UPS man's hands Monday morning.