Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB ART CHALLENGE #4- Sanford and Son's MUNTZ!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nate, Dec 12, 2007.

?

vote now!

Poll closed Jan 6, 2008.
  1. SUHRsc

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. fortypickup

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. 4t64rd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. PurplePearl50

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. James D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Royale with extra cheese :)

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  7. Bumpstick

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  8. Rikster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Firetop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. hillbilly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. misfit36

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Clark Kustoms

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  13. Chopt 34

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  14. GaryC.

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  15. lockwoodkustoms

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  16. And

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  17. Flipper

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  18. gasit

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  19. Von Hartmann

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. James D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. patience man! we've got almost 3 weeks left.. no need to break out the droopy emoticons yet!

nice fish

2. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Dudes!

That is why it is called the "Art Challenge" This may be a tough one! You know that you are you up to the Challenge!

Dig Deep, my fellow artist! Dig Deep! :)

3. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

I can only see this car as a custom!

I come from a long line of custom builders, so here is my rendition.

Gotta slam it and air bag it! of course! The middle bar in the grill has got to go! Copy and paste the bumper horns to the grill, and throw in a few turn signals and Fog lights!

I added a body accent, from front to back!

I would Drive this car!

On the weekends! :)

Attached Files:

4. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Dude!

That catfish has the best lookin' grill!

Makes me want to kiss that fish!

5. Gotta be honest- it's pretty hard to do anything with a Muntz!

I love their looks (Royale', thanks for making my "catfish with style" comment come to life- that's awesome!), but once you start playing with different grilles/headlight treatments, they start to look just like anything/everything else.

6. Clark

Clark

With Nate's blessing I'm going to up the prize for the art challenge. I know the art takes time and talent. It should be deserving of something cool. How's a pair of cool headlights sound? I have a pair with Arrow marker lights on top. These aren't just added on they came with them. I'll add pics tonight.

Nates rules are still in effect. The pole desides the winner.
    Clark

7. I think it's super generous for Clark to do this, it should bring out some good stuff from everyone. Let's not let this go to waste... do your best!

8. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

This looks like the t-bird from a few years ago. Man that was an UGLY car.

9. Don´t try and get round me with flattery! :p
    I was actually thinking the same thing after I finished it. Probably down to the colour as much as anything. Should have left it black I guess.

10. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

i have a submission. but its done in the paint program. anyone know how to post the image? last time someone posted it for meso i dont know how. thanks

11. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

What if Madman Muntz had met Sam Barris? Find a Merc hood and fenders, an Olds bumper, raise the beltline, and make a fully functional convertible chop top, finish it in black cherry laquer, add airbags and a set of ww firestones and call it a traditional day. -stick

I give you "Madman's Ghost".

[​IMG]

12. Clark

Clark

Ok winner gets a pair of these. I would guess they are Arrow headlights. I know the markers are Arrow's. This one is missing the jewel at the top but I'm sure I have a replacement. I have a couple of spare arrow marker lights.
    Good Luck
    Clark

Attached Files:

13. Rikster

Rikster

I did not really have time to work on a "major conversion" so here is my entry...

I tried to hint it back to the Kurtis 1941 Buick that was the inspiration for the Kurtis Roadster that later became the Muntz.

Original photo I used...

[​IMG]

And my photoshopped version. Chopped windshield. New grille/bumper, but based on the original components. Buick side spear and opened up rear wheel openings.

[​IMG]

14. Rikster, that is great! Simple, classy, and executable without major body mods. :D

15. Wow...Rikster...what a difference.
    That's clean, simple...uh.....yeah, Custom.

16. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

love the bigger rear wheel openings on that version rikster

17. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

Damn stick, thats nice.

18. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

Tons of talent with this group....my.02. Something clean and definately a driver.

Attached Files:

19. Well, I did this before going through the complete thread...my idea was simple tube bumpers, front and rear, with the bottom aligning with the beltline trim on the car, taking the top off too.

Those wheels wouldn't look bad if they didn't look so 1980s..."not-so-baby" moons and trim rings on black and burgandy two-tone steelies does it for me.

[​IMG]

That rear fenderwell is kinda garish, but...I've seen stuff like that in some of the "little pages" before, it sort of fits with the overall early to mid 50s thing, maybe the fenderskirts someone else added in an earlier post would be the preference of some...I'd probably drive it just like this though to stay "TRUE traditional"

20. The Muntz, created by Earl "Mad Man" Muntz, kind of reminds you of the
    1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are only 4 of the original 6 known to still exist. One of which is in the Walter P. Chrysler museum today. Alex Tremulis will never be forgotten as a great American designer. Tremulis is also known for his design work on the Tucker. Only a few small ideas actually made it into production anytime soon after the idea of the Thunderbolt. In 1942 the DeSoto introduces the “airfoil” hidden headlights as you see on the Imperial/Thunderbolt.

21. After coming back and looking...it reminds me of a cherokee word, their original word for a car, "Ditulena," or "it stares." It does kinda look like a catfish staring off into the distance, awaiting being skinned for a fish-fry...

I wonder how hard it would be to get some chrome script badges of that in Cherokee? I'd kinda like to build something like it and stick it right on the nose...

22. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

heres my 2:
    chopped windshield, dropped, sectioned grill, targa coversremoved chrome trim, rear bumper.
    [​IMG]
    this is same as above except i shortened the body, removed quarter window
    [​IMG]

23. misfit36

misfit36
    from new york

sorry about ther crappy quality it was done in paint. great stuff everyone, so many different styles

24. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Madman Muntz! Hum!

Went to his website, today!

Lord, that guy was a madman! He is my hero! 10 or 20 girlfriends and 7 or 8 wives!

When the hell did he have time to produce a better TV? or Radio?

When the hell did he have time to produce an automobile? No wonder that front bumper looks like a Hollywood face lift!

Just an observation!

Attached Files:

25. PurplePearl50

PurplePearl50
    from Sedalia,Mo

26. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Hill billy ,is that your language?

27. ok.. here's my take: with all the ice and snow around here I'm thinking of warmer places.. so I think the Muntz ought to go to road race in MEXICO!

[​IMG]

:D

28. Ruiner

Ruiner

This looks like Ford's re-hashed 90's T-Bird failure...

29. Ruiner

Ruiner

from what I read on some of the history of the car it seemed like the front bumper may have come from a narrowed Greyhound bus bumper...these cars are freakin weird, and I love em...I dig Rikster's the best so far...

30. FASI

FASI

For me it's a tossup between Riksters and Bumpsticks versions. Both very nice.