Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features HAMB 30-31 model A club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Noland, Nov 25, 2007.

1. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

[​IMG]heres one of my favorite pics of mine

2. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

3. well mine has a 1930 cowl.. haha ;)
    [​IMG]

4. fxstc127ci

fxstc127ci

I'm in 30 coupe

Attached Files:

5. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Looking for my Model A; figured I would drop teh post in here as well, as some one in this thread may know where it is or own it. Description.

Hey all,

Got to thinking about the first car I built when I was 14-17 (1985-1990) and drove to my graduation. It was a 1931, 5 window, Model A Coupe.
    I ordered the frame from Total Performance. The front end was from a now defunct company (Mother's catalog); and it was a tube axle with 4 inch drop and weld on bat wings and clevised radius rods (5/8). The dropped axle setup used 66 Econoline front spindles; and I kept the front backing plates and rebuilt the drum system up front.
    It had a Vega cross steer box setup that was tucked directly under the left motor mount (both motor mounts were flat and level with the frame). It had a Total Performance dropped Trans cross member which supported a 350 turbo.

The motor was from a 1976 pickup. It was a 350, 2 bolt main with 10:1 flat tops and a stupid big cam which actually pulled rocker studs out of the head because the lift was too large and I didn't use 1.6 rockers. The manifold was a Weind (spell?) tunnel ram and the single carb top plate option with one 600 Carter/AFB/Edelbrock polished carb. The distributor was an Accel dual point set up with the big bright yellow coil by the same company.

The rear was a 9 inch ford out of a 70 Mach 1 which my friend flipped in high school. It had 300 slob gears in it. The body was pretty decent and wasn't chopped. I purchased a new fiberglass deck lid from Speedway. The rear of the frame had a slight kick up that held up the frame/body with two Pete and Jake coil overs and a sway bar. The car had Zoomie headers that I fabbed roughly, but never finished before I traded the car. It had a remote oil filter system, a 32 steel shell with a filled cap and the grill had cut outs on each side to drop it 4 inches below the cowl line (Milner look). The rear had 15 inch steelies with stupid 80's 2 foot wide rubber. I think the rim size was 15 by 11? The front wheels were Cragar (sp) chrome fake weld wheels with bolts instead of rivets.
    I am writing this post detailed, because I traded the car for a Mark Twain 16 foot Bow Rider in 1990. A lot of things were going on in my life at that time, and I decided that I needed a change and let the car go for basically a 3000 dollar boat (my loss completely; but such is youth).
    Anyway, Every so often, at the break of day, driving to the grind, I think about that damn car.
    I am not afraid to take a beating from the people who took the car back apart when they got it, because I was really was a 13 year old kid with no father when I started building the car. My mom saw that I was interested in hot rods and wanted to keep me away from drugs. As a result, she was more than helpful (built me a garage, bought me tools, and encouraged me everyday). Anyway, I guess I went on too long, but I just wanted to see if any of my hot rod colleagues and friends out there in cyber land have a lead on - or have heard of some one with an A bone that once fit that description. Oh, it had a plywood firewall with a galvanized skin on it, a 77 Fir bird tilt column and cannibalized shifter, and a GM, under the floor boards, master and brake pedal assembly. All and any ideas and info would be appreciated. Oh, it was traded out of a garage in Montville NJ; and I believe the guy who got it lived in either Wayne or Pequannock (Sp.) NJ.

Bob
    <!-- / message -->

6. I'd like to join!...mine

Attached Files:

7. VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE

VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE
    from Michigan

30 A coupe stock for now but I have a nice little 59A waiting for it

Attached Files:

8. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Hi, here's my new ride (new to me), built in the mid 80s in Maine so the story goes. 350 Chev, turbo 400, Chevy 10 bolt, dropped axle. Built as a sport coupe pickup, top folds down. Just ordered steelies for the truck, hate the wheels.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      428 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      377.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Bull

Bull

My 30 Roadster:
    [​IMG]

My 30 Tudor:
    [​IMG]

My 31 Tudor:
    [​IMG]

evojoe67 likes this.
  10. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

I'm in. Here is mine. Not much 30 A pickup left ImageUploadedByTJJ1353989273.528423.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1353989292.658473.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Love the exhaust on the primered one.. Well done.

12. Bull

Bull

Actually they're all primered. ;)

Brown oxide on the roadster. Tinted blue DP on the 30 Tudor. Gray primer on the 31 Tudor.

13. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

[​IMG]

Thanks to an arrangement with The Henry Ford, The Old Motor will will be bringing you photos from the collection showing Ford Motor Company and other early automobiles in the factory, on the road and in the repair shop.

The assembly line photo above is one of the first Model A photos, but we also have T's & V-8's in a post on The Old Motorand all of these and the earlier Henry Ford Photos are linked together to make it easy to find them.

14. Out of state update from post 146(?)

I miss that lil bugger!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Yl7wGsVL5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  15. Great looking coupe here. What taillights are those?
    Also any pics of the interior? Looks like great Tuck n Roll.

16. Ok, it's done now.
    [​IMG]

And the next one.
    [​IMG]

17. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Nice!

18. 41 C28

41 C28

May I join? Here are my 2 references.

Attached Files:

• 396.jpg
      396.jpg
      File size:
      518.9 KB
      Views:
    • h6.jpg
      h6.jpg
      File size:
      491.6 KB
      Views:
  19. I'll join the wave. Just working on the interior.

Attached Files:

20. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

nothing special , but my daily driver (my only car) .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

I want in!

By next summer I told the wife. :eek:

22. gearheaddeli

gearheaddeli

First car I ever bought/built......at 15, now 41

[​IMG]

23. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Here's my 31 coupe.........................................

Attached Files:

24. Cleveland Coupe

Cleveland Coupe

Enter my 30 Model A in the club !!!

Attached Files:

25. norms30a

norms30a

could I ask what color this is, I am leaning towards something similar on mine, thanks.

26. nuthead

nuthead
    from Alpine,CA

Heres mine 31 Sedan

Attached Files:

• ph3.jpg
      ph3.jpg
      File size:
      199.3 KB
      Views:
  27. bandit14569

bandit14569

Heres mine again. Its the last mock up pic I took, its gettin painted now and will be together by spring.

Attached Files:

28. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

im in. Heres my 30' Coupe. Its gonna stay stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Here's my sedan. Boxed frame,9",327,4-speed. Body and frame came from two different places. Been piecing it together for a few months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

30. Thanks, tail lamps are early bobber motorcycle.

Attached Files: