Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halt! stop, drop, and grab your knockers...the monthly bangin' meeting is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

The roadster looks good, Ade. Looks like it came with both a set of V8 wires and some 21 inchers? Very cool. Only thing I'd change would be the grille shell (too much paint, IMO).

-Dave

Attached Files:

3. UKAde

UKAde
    from Oxford UK

i was thinking of painting the headlamps and bumpers black as they arnt in great condition the painted grill has grown on me since first seeing pics of it sort of no chrome look all blue and black

not sure what do you guys think

the engine looks very standard but has sur1(i think thats the name) cam stainless valves std size and 16lb off the flywheel
    currrently std carb and head but was thinking of brumfield head and model b carb trying to keep std look with a bit more zip

4. UKAde

UKAde
    from Oxford UK

well it's arrived! a freind went to southampton and picked my 28 roadster up from the docks

pics next week as i'm away for the weekend ,,, cant believe i have to go away want to get my car sorted

it was left at the bottom of the drive which is quite steep so noway could i push it up there ,, so went and stole the battery from my wifes porsche addes water oil and petrol and tried to start it no joy then remembered the fuel tap turned it on waited a few mins for the fuel to get into the carb push the start button and it burst into life ,,sounds great it does look very big next to my little austin
    more next week

5. Cool, now be a man and put a 'B' engine in it.

Will we see you in the 4 Banger Meltdown in July?

6. And will we see YOU there Clark?

7. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

So, you're saying real men only use B blocks then? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm going to need to know quite soon whether you're racing in July, Clark. Let us know...

8. Nah, I'm winding Ade up because he is a VSCC boy.

Put me down, you never know...

9. jetmek

jetmek

heres a couple of shots of my dads speedster. b engine with miller head and dual 87's ...built the body from a 29 cowl and a 46 or so hood on a wood skeleton. its a pretty torqey setup. ive been punishing it good for him while its here doing some work on it. the hood pods are for aircleaner and a tach.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

11. jetmek

jetmek

does it run?

12. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

oils fresh, mag needs 15 minutes spinning on a lathe, needs hoses and the trannys stuck

13. Was this the one in Secrets last year?

Good luck with it

What are yor plans? Keep it as it is or strip it for all the good bits?

Why, what does that do?

14. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Way to go, Speednazi! Best of luck with it. Keep us informed....

15. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

I'm gonna get it going as is until I'm ready to put it in the old lakester/track car. spinning the mag will get its juices going again, works for any mag- old airplane trick. What I know about the car: it ran the 1/4 mile at 68 miles per hour, and its takes 22 seconds to do it, has the slips to prove it. not bad considering I raced my old 32 truck with a stock 39 v8 and it was doing 19's at the nostalgia drags

Attached Files:

16. Still not sure about this lathe business.

Should be running way quicker than that.

17. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Way quicker? Well, maybe, but not necessarily. The ad says it has an ali head but doesn't say anything else about the engine, so it may be a complete stocker from the gasket down other than the mag and header. Just huffing an otherwise stock banger isn't going to get you into the teens, in my opinion.
    Good base material though....

18. Aren't we both in the teens with pretty much stock internals?

Yes they are pressurised, inserts but this stuff doesn't make you go faster, just makes it hold together alittle longer.

19. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Agreed, I guess I'm thinking about how crap a stock A cam is for anything but put-putting along. Forcing more air in will only make so much of a difference unless the rest of the engine knows what to do with it.

The big benefit we get from the counterweights, inserts and pressure is the higher rev range (and the ability for it to hold together at these higher revs). If we were only revving to 2,500-3,000rpm, I don't think we'd be in the teens.

20. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

baby is home, tags say 62 mph at 20 seconds in the quarter, back in 1982. looks way better live than in the pictures

Attached Files:

21. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Cool. More piccies please...

22. richydab

richydab
    from UK

Monkey - love those pics....!

Hopefully our B'll be out and about complete with new water pump in the next two weeks, and I'm hoping to drag it up to the Ace too.

23. Richy you gonna be in the Banger Meltdown at the drags in July?

24. richydab

richydab
    from UK

I sure will - as long as my bloody water pump arrives - leaking like a good 'un around the shaft... And it'll give you guys a chance to see the old Fordor after quite a few years in obscurity down here.

25. There you go Darren another for the list.

26. richydab

richydab
    from UK

Mind you, don't expect anything mint.......

27. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Richy, can you send me a PM with your details (full name, car etc) so that I can put your name on the gate for the drags. You'll then be able to to get two people in for the price of one.

Hey Clark, that'll make three bangers amongst all the eights. Get your finger out, son, make up the numbers....

28. UKAde

UKAde
    from Oxford UK

well i've finaly got to drive in my a after waiting so long to get it,,,,, it great very different from the austin still have to get the hang of the center throttle, advance retard and mixture but it's loads of fun

has a few rattles and squeeks to be sorted

more pics on webshots of the a and austin cant believe how small the austin looks

29. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Ade...are you taking it to the drags? Four-banger meltdown, perhaps?

Blimey...I see what you mean!
    [​IMG]

30. richydab

richydab
    from UK

I will be there - it's my birthday on the Sunday!