Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halt! stop, drop, and grab your knockers...the monthly bangin' meeting is here!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Jun 5, 2006.

1. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

so what is up there my flat headed, four hole loving faithful?

2. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

started installing my Ansen/Stromberg! Need the little balls for the linkage ends, and a fuel pump, but she'll be up and running soon. Still can't use my Red's header til I rework the tube interfering with my wish bone. I may just put split bones on soon so I can run it.

3. Not much to report except, maybe in the past week we've had an impromptu four banger drag race...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A visit from the T owners club,
    [​IMG]

and a trip out in Marks A engined Standard

[​IMG]

to see this little engine. Alright, so it only has 3 cylinders, but they've been rebuilding it since 1987!

[​IMG]

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

look at all them flivvers! so who won the A races?

5. Actually, there was about 30 T's, but I didn't have enough coffee mugs and let most of 'em go by!
    As for who won, the Belcher headed special had 'em, but with those overhead inlet valves, that's cheating, so it was between Artiki, and the Wrong'un. I'll let them tell the truth...

6. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Oops...okay, I'll paste my post over here instead!

I've been on the Flathead Meltdown reliability run in Norfolk, covered here...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112266
    ...where one of the highlights was a five car four-banger sprint down a disused airfield. A brief video here....
    http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/Artiki_videos/?action=view&current=fourbangerlineupstart.flv

Last weekend I replaced my knackered old 94 with a brand new Stromberg 97. Not sure how many of you have had a good look at these but they are stunning, and it's managed to find some more power for the banger. In fact, it's running really bloody great.

[​IMG]

Even the box is a work of art...

[​IMG]

7. That looks luverly! Perhaps we could go on a factory tour if we're down Woodbridge way, eh Darren? Heard anymore?
    So - you reckon you can outrun Neil now then...?

8. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Well....the sprint highlighted that the 3.33's in my quickie are pants for racing, so a new set of gears came in the post today. Just six days from Arizona Race Mart via USPS. Well impressed. The exchange rate is favourable at the moment as well.

9. Elrod

Elrod

I acquired a 1930 cabriolet that had been in storage since around 1965. Worked on it for two weeks to get it out on a 250 mi round trip run in Texas. Took it to the drive-in movies for it's first time out in 40 years. It got home alright, but needs more work. Has a rod knock when it's cold, so may drop my other banger motor in it sooner than later. More to come, and this also means it's time to give some new life to my 31 coupe!

Click picture to see full size photo

[​IMG]

10. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

i am doing what it takes to put an overdrive transmission in my A. also assembling a dropped axle with 39 Lincoln brakes; And preparing to install 1976 chevy station wagon brakes on the rear axle.

11. ~E~

~E~

Well- engine stripped down and ready to be plucked- any takers on the pull- need one more set of hands. Went up to santa rosa to pick up some misc. parts(pics included).
    Fur- did you get the B?

Ordered a nice gear reduction starter, mallory distributor and coil. Rebuilding a 94- still need a decent intake.

I will post some pics of the engine- before pull- and after rebuild. Nothing too wild- just a mild hop up:rolleyes:.

Attached Files:

12. Excellent line up!
    Guess it's not important, but what film did you see?

13. Typical you wait for one and two come along!

14. Did you swap out the jets yet?

15. What size is your bottom pulley Clark - I need to make one an inch or so shorter, have you all the dimensions of that one?

16. Elrod

Elrod

We saw the 1967 version of Bonnie and Clyde. A few of the Model A's that were at the drive in were in the movie when they filmed it in Texas.

Attached Files:

17. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

Where does one purchase the brannew 97's from?

18. Excellent! I should have guessed really.
    Artiki - any chance you could borrow a projector for the next reliability run. Or the drags...?!

19. Ipswich, Suffolk, UK.

20. How about this bad boy!

[​IMG]

Outside diameter: 3 5/16"

Internal diameter: 2 3/4"

Overall length (To edge of first pulley, same as on car): 3 5/16"

21. Cheers Clark - guess I need something like that with the front one turned off.

22. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

No, I mean, who can I buy one from?

23. ~E~

~E~

24. No progress for me, I've been trying for three weeks to get in contact with an ebay seller who I bought some 1926 Chev 1/4 panels off in Feb, no response from him yet, I've given him to the end of this week to respond. If they don't show up I'm out of pocket to the tune of $487aus :( :( :(

25. peanut

peanut

got my banger fired back up last week!!! and am just finishing up the front brakes. did a total rebuild on them and up graded to 34 brakes. have not tested them yet but they should work good. my wife thinks i'm cheeting on her now? after i got it running again, i have been working like crazy to get it going!!!!!!! i'm close. i have some pics e-mail me and i will send you banger freaks some. [email protected]

26. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Wow...how cool would it be to see Bonnie and Clyde at a drive in? It's a great idea Phil, I'll see what I can come up with. How hard can it be, eh?

Haven't touched the jets yet, Clark. Came with 45's with a 65 power valve, which was where I'd read to start off with anyway, so left it at that. Runs far better than the old 94 did, though that was not a great carb anyway.
    Reckon you'll be ready for the drags?

27. A guy in the Airstream club gets all his old films out on projector at the camping events.
    I got to see Bonnie and Cylde on the big screen at the NFT a couple of years ago and American Graffiti for that matter!

Nop

28. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

That's a bugger. I'd like to have seen you and Neil duel it out. How much stuff you got left to do?

29. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Hey gang.
    Here are some newly acquired treasures I'd like to share.
    I traded a Miller/Schofield head to a guy for a Murphy head and this mystery F head. I'm still trying to find out who made it. It's air cooled, and unfortunately the rocker covers were long gone. If you know any info, please let me know. And check out that amazing homemade intake manifold.

The Murphy head was made in the 30's in Pasadena California.

Attached Files:

30. I would hate to say.

This is mental!

[​IMG]

Have you thought about passing the pictures on to Charlie Yapp of Secrets? Usually someone out there who knows about these obsecure things.