Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Halloween is around the corner, do you use your hot rod or custom as a prop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Part of my Halloween setup from a few years back...
    [​IMG]

2. Clik

Clik

Us poor kids never had a store bought costume but we always managed to stuff some straw in our sleeves and be the scarecrow or be a hobo or wrap in toilet paper and be a mummy. But some kids made no attempt. Especially older kids. Maybe they thought they were to cool but still wanted candy. When we got too old to Trick-or-Treat we'd still dress up but just hand out candy at our parents door. Every Trick-or-Treater carried a paper bag back then. No plastic. So when a Trick-or-Treater came to the door with no costume or was a smart ass we'd slip a couple ice cubes in with the candy. Halfway down the street the bottom of their bag would bust open. Ha! Ha!

3. Gasoline Junkie

Gasoline Junkie

Bump because it's starting to get cooler and Halloween is around the corner! We usually decorate the house and this year i'd like to have the car out in the driveway. Will probably drape spider webs over it and put a skeleton in the driver seat. Also was thinking of putting red cellophane on the headlights. Could a battery tender power the headlights if I left them on?

scott27 likes this.
  4. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I moved my plastic skeleton into a DeSoto I have sitting in front of the shop a few days ago. It's getting close to that time of year again!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. When I had a couple cases of leftover glowstick bracelets I was going to toss out while in a parade with our decorated dune buggies (one of them did walking speed wheelies and made the crowd go wild) , then I find out that parade officials did not allow treats tossed from floats after sunset, we later on took my Studebaker truck on Halloween and with two gals sitting in the back of my truck, started driving up and down the side streets throwing the leftover glowing rings at Trick Or Treaters, or anyone sitting in yards. :)
    We turned one corner and got mobbed by a whole lot of costumed people chasing us down the street and yelling " can I have some!?"
    So we kept throwing glowing things at ppl from the back of my Studebaker truck.
    it was about 2003 I think.

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Clik

Clik

No, a battery tender wont run your headlights.

Gasoline Junkie likes this.
  7. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Back when I was 19 I had the nose of a 66 Chevelle I had bought for a friend out of the area, and was storing it in a shed near my apartment. For Halloween, I dragged it up to the 2nd floor where my apartment was piece by piece and assembled it in my living room, pointed at the door with my lights out and the headlights on, powered by a battery charger. For all that I think I had 5 trick or treaters, only remember one that cared.

Where I live now, the streets are packed with kids from other areas, and parents bussing them in, since I live in the "good" neighborhood. We're really considering moving to where I can take a piss in my front yard and nobody can see.

Devin

8. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Not mine but thought I would post because it’s funny.
    upload_2020-9-23_9-31-56.jpeg

Deuces likes this.
  9. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

10. rustydusty

rustydusty

Ok, it's still a ways till Halloween, but that's just funny!