Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Halloween is around the corner, do you use your hot rod or custom as a prop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Some guys/gals get creative and incorporate their favorite car or truck as part of the Halloween decor in the yard and then their is the art work that also flourishes around the spooky event, I'm definitely not very creative when it comes to constructing displays but I sure have seen some interesting work in the past. HRP

[​IMG]

Deuces, tinsled, 3W JOHN and 6 others like this.
  2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Not into Halloween. Wouldn't think about using my cars as a prop. We usually only get one or two trick ot treaters in our area.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Deuces, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. It’s almost Wednesday,,,
    Do you do anything special?

3W JOHN, Stogy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

4. Not on Wednesday but I do on Thursday, what about you? HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  5. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

6. NbdyHome2

NbdyHome2

My project is scary enough as it sits with the rust and old crap welds...but if I sit in it on Thursday with my chainsaw when the kiddos come around for free candy, maybe I can get a few to run away so I can eat all the peanut butter cups.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

8. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I haven't this year....but I did take one of my OT old Mopars to a Halloween car show a couple of weeks ago.
    This was last year.
    IMG_20181108_162850716_HDR.jpg

Deuces, dsiddons, tinsled and 8 others like this.
  9. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I have 2 boys and we decorate inside the house mostly, but this year I put to full size skeletons in my ‘59 IH truck and put a strobe light inside too that is parked at my front gate. Looks pretty good at night.

CN

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

11. Kid rings the door bell and a old lady comes to the door, the kid says, "Bic or Beat", the old lady say's "What?"

Again the kid say's, "Bic or beat", the old lady said, "Do you mean trick or treat?" the kid say's . "Yeah"

As she was putting candy in his bag she say's, "That's a cute costume, what are you suppose to be?"

The kid replied, "I'm a birate", the old lady say's, "A pirate?" and he said, "Yeah"

She then ask, " where are your buccaneers?" the kid looked at her and said, "They are on my bucking head." HRP

12. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

We are doing Trunk-or-Treat in front of that old building you visited this year Danny. The display is going to be an old cast iron wash pot on a tri-pod with a witches brew for the wife and grand kids.
    But , you know, it would take me exactly 5 minutes to duplicate this out front , I'm stealing this idea. Thanks for posting the pic!

fordflambe, 3W JOHN and Stogy like this.
  13. A big old black cauldron on a tripod sounds cool, get some dry ice to make it smoke. :D HRP

14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Not enough kids or sidewalks or houses in my area. Funny short story..Bunch of years ago I used to walk my dog by a house that had a couple kids around 5&7 years old..I'd stop and we'd small talk and the dog would get petted..The kids came for Halloween all costumed up and the dog didn't say boo; normally he is Mr guard dog..Wife gives them the candy treats and they go off, she comments that the dog behaved very well for not barking up a fuss..I told her he knew who they were; The Nose Knows!

15. No one ever comes to our house, too far off the road and they know some crazy old guy lives there. But I am in California right now and it is a big deal out here. Lots of decorations and parties. Also candy! Just what I need.
    So I do not decorate the cars.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

4385A823-5C2E-4F0B-9261-DACE562F5213.jpeg Years ago, I would sit on my porch with a mask and cape drape over me in a chair. I would lean against the wall to look like a dummy. Insert joke here! I would hold my hands on my knees under the cape. My wife would put candy between my hands on top of the cape.
    When the kids would come up and say trick or treat, she would point to the candy....... when they grabbed the candy....... I would grab their hand!
    Funniest thing you ever saw! The kids loved it and remembered next year... we had fun! Then the neighborhood became a “Hood” and I had to quit. And I moved to the country.

But good news! My friend moved back to a good neighborhood...... it’s going to be on like donkey Kong Thursday!

Here’s a pic of my wife and I with our costumes, at the costume party at out watering hole.

Bones

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    3W JOHN, BigO, dana barlow and 2 others like this.
  17. I took my orange car cover and covered my '46 cab, stuck some black cardboard for eyes and a small light with a small brown garbage can for a stem.

18. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That should be an aptitude test, for kids 30 and younger to see if they can figure out the hidden theme! Bravo, well done!

3W JOHN, BigO, dana barlow and 2 others like this.
  19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I had this old ford parked in my back side yard at our old place, (20 years ago) and my wife would have to walk by it before daylight going to her car headed for work every morning, She said it gave her the creeps...o_O
    My daughter wasnt scared:D kelse.jpg

Deuces, 3W JOHN, dana barlow and 3 others like this.
  20. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Used to decorate an old '40 1 1/2 ton flatbed but had to downsize. Mods, not HAMB friendly so delete if need be. HW 1.jpg

21. That's a good looking car,did you ever build it? HRP

3W JOHN, Boneyard51 and low budget like this.
  22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Bought a ford van and pulled the 302, automatic and stuck it down in there but traded for a running driving 68 impala before I ever got any further:rolleyes:

3W JOHN, Boneyard51 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. My '50 Dodge done up for Halloween a coupla years ago. At the time it had a horrible rattle can flat black paint job courtesy of the previous owner. Did the spider webs with chalk... VZM.IMG_20161029_165145.jpg VZM.IMG_20161029_165435.jpg

24. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Take a picture when you get yours set up. Old cars and skeletons just fit together. lol

3W JOHN, Boneyard51 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^Popeye and Olive Oil^^^. I'd NEVER use my car or cars as any kind of prop, unless I could stand beside them with a 12 gauge. In the 33 years my wife and I have lived here, this neighborhood has gone to H*LL, and I'm sure most of you can guess why. I'm not doing Holloween this year, and probably never again; I have the rope and poles ready to block off the property from the sidewalk (used to use them so they would't kick my decorative gravel all over the sidewalk and street), and the sign to hang in front of the driveway, "Sorry, NO Trick or Treaters this year". Really tired of vans pulling onto our 15 house cul-de-sac, and 6 to 12 "kids" get out, that don't live anywhere close to here, half don't even have a costume on, they pound on the door, mouth off in disrespect, and you can forget about the "thank you". The only other thing I have to say about it is, BUILD THAT WALL!!! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

26. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Nope, no decorations here, either. We usually close all the curtains and turn off all the outside lights so nobody will stop.
    I’ll probably be on the road, have to watch for the kids and their stupid parents. Some of the parents pay less attention than the kids do.

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Boneyard51 like this.
  27. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Butch, that’s what happen to my neighborhood. We moved there forty some years ago and had a blast! Year by year things “ changed” till in 2000 I moved back to the country ,where I came from.
    I sold my old house at a loss, yes after 25 years at a loss. Even had to tote the note to sell it. Was scared to even go there to pick up the payment.....you know they would never bring/mail to me!
    It’s all behind me now, I getup every morning to deer and coons now, but now I smile. Small, furry, coons are so cute. Oh... did I mention we will have constitutional carry in a few days in Oklahoma! That means most everyone can now openly carry a side arm! Shit..... that’s scary!

Bones