Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halibrand wheel stolen set wanted to replace

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ringleader, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, let me appoligize to all the traditional guys as this might rub you the wrong way. I had a set of wheels getting polished to put on my version of a "rat rod" (aka using what I have) anyway I got these wheels from a friend of mine before he died of cancer last year. At the polisher a crackhead made off with 1 wheel and tire. They are halibrand sweet swirls (this is where the traditional guys will get upset) they mean alot to me as I got them from my friend and since they are directional and out of production they are nearly impossible to find. I am not looking for one, I pretty much ruled that out. I am looking for a complete set 15x7, 15x8, 15x9, or 15x10 thank you and I hope someone has a set of these laying around that I can buy off them. They were 5x5 pattern but I will entertain all... thank you for your time and see you at the drags in august! Brock 636-795-7637

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. alchemy

alchemy

What kind of polisher lets crackheads hang around? (Don't tell me he left the wheels laying outside!) Hope he's going to pay for the replacement.

Ringleader likes this.
  3. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

You got it, laying outside right next to his door in a shity neighborhood! He is paying for replacing it if I can ever locate a replacement....

4. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

It bites that you feel you have to preface you post with an apology simply because you're not
    driving a 100% bona fide traditional rod or custom. I wish I could help you out.

5. firebrrat

firebrrat
    from Payson Az

Start looking on Craigslist or pawnshops in your area! I bet it will turn up, if they only took one odds are they don't have the other 3 or 4 and want to make a quick buck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ringleader likes this.
  6. I would check scrap yards.

Ringleader likes this.
  7. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

Trust me....this was taken in springfield missouri and this is the most famous wheel in the history of that town. Every tire shop, scrap yard, pawn shop etc... in a 250 mile radius knows about this wheel. I even put an ad on Craigslist with a reward and it keeps getting flagged so I keep putting it up...haha now after all this those are the only wheels I want to use...

8. moonemm

moonemm

I have a nice set of Halibrands that match yours. I think they are 15x10. They have nice tires on them as well. Defiantly 5x5.5 early ford bolt pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ringleader likes this.
  9. moonemm

moonemm

I have a nice set with tires. I believe they are 15x10. Defiantly 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern. I am in central Illinois [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ringleader and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. moonemm

moonemm

Ringleader likes this.
  11. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

I thought Gary Tollke had taken care of all the tweekers in Franklin County.

Ringleader likes this.
  12. Didn't you find a one for $17,000 ? :D

Ringleader likes this.
  13. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

Happened in Springfield MO i live between Washington and Union and there are still plenty of tweakers up here but they're getting fewer and fewer....

14. All "rat rods" should be like yours, and I couldn't even begin to guess what would be non traditional in that pic. But then again, I've only been on the Hamb for 4 years, so I'm still trying to figure that out. Good luck finding what you need.

Ringleader likes this.
  15. Ringleader

Ringleader
    Alliance Vendor

I had a 15x7.5 right taken would need to be a set with a pair of 7s or 8s and rears 8s or 10s... lust like to find a complete set and make up the difference so I'll have a couple spares for tweakers to get their fix...haha

16. Mo rust

Mo rust

Just put up a sign in the neighborhood with a reward in gold paint or whatever the lowlifes are hacking these days. They'll bring it back.